R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-30-2007, 03:20 AM   #406
Tech Regular

Hi All

i think it's time to update my MRT VX pro not because it's broken down or anything more of a space issue on the chassis (i've been running it for 2yrs with not 1 problem!!!) so am wondering if the team mx pro is available yet i've had a look on the web shop but don't see it on there any news on a general release date?
Boosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 11:18 AM   #407
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabuchi540
if not using it voids the warranty do you? I can't find anything specifically that says so in the instructions, there is only a mention that it must be wired according to the diagram, which of course shows the external capacitor.

Also, would connecting it to the battery plug (themselves only 2-3 inches from the esc) on a short lead, or direct to the plug, be ok?

As mentioned in my original post I'd rather not touch the tidy soldering job that HarrisRC did for me?
I don't see why you can't put it a couple of inches away, just try to put as close as possible.

Skiddins
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 07:55 AM   #408
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Losi XXX-CR soon and I too wonder if the cap is required. I know there is a small one already built in but would I really notice a difference using the big cap when running a silver can 540 stock motor?

Here in NZ that is the stock class and if I decided to run anything faster I'd usually get another car/Esc anyway so the chances this esc will ever see more than a 540 are slim.

So yes is it required and would I notice a difference for this class of motor?

I'd run it if there is a noticably difference but my MX is the solder post version with the wires already soldered on (the guy at HarrisRc.com did it for me - a real tidy job it is too ) and I'd rather not undo his good work so 'if' I do use it would it be ok to wire it onto the deans plug I'm going to use for the battery (which will most likely be under 3 inches - close to two in length anyway)?

Thanks in advance.

Quote:
if not using it voids the warranty do you? I can't find anything specifically that says so in the instructions, there is only a mention that it must be wired according to the diagram, which of course shows the external capacitor.

Also, would connecting it to the battery plug (themselves only 2-3 inches from the esc) on a short lead, or direct to the plug, be ok?

As mentioned in my original post I'd rather not touch the tidy soldering job that HarrisRC did for me?
Hi Mabuchi540, sorry I've not been around to reply. As Skiddins says you probably wouldn't notice much difference but only because it's a silver can 540 stock motor, any other motor and it's not recommended to leave off the power capacitor. Your speedo will run more efficently with a power cap on a 'mild' silver can motor but won't be harmed leaving the cap off. The warranty is affected by not using a schottky diode, without one your speedo could be damaged in which case it wouldn't be covered by the warranty.

You MUST run a schottky diode and we recommend you also use a power capacitor.
Terry_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 08:18 AM   #409
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
Terry
atlast i have a PT
can i have 2 clones please
also can harry my son use my clone at the same meet but in a earlier heat
will the computer allow 2 different racers ti use 1 no. in same meet ?????

how much for the clone`s X2
luv ya
colin
Hi Colin, it should be ok to have two PT's on the same ID at the same meeting, we've not heard of any problems. I will PM you (tomorrow I hope) when I have more info on the ordering situation, it's VERY busy right now everyone wants cloned transponders it seems!
Old 01-31-2007, 08:29 AM   #410
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosta
Hi All

i think it's time to update my MRT VX pro not because it's broken down or anything more of a space issue on the chassis (i've been running it for 2yrs with not 1 problem!!!) so am wondering if the team mx pro is available yet i've had a look on the web shop but don't see it on there any news on a general release date?
Hi Boosta, the team spec MX TSX is available it's just that our product web page has not been updated yet.. too busy on orders and back orders right now!! The MX versions are the 'MX Pro' (new spec) and the 'MX TSX Team', it's not a "team mx pro", pro is one team is the other

The coloured 'custom' MX Pro and MX Team are built to order. The normal versions have a black case, custom ones can be any colour case (and LED) from the list available with custom length RX, switch and FET leads.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:06 AM   #411
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry_S
Hi Boosta, the team spec MX TSX is available it's just that our product web page has not been updated yet.. too busy on orders and back orders right now!! The MX versions are the 'MX Pro' (new spec) and the 'MX TSX Team', it's not a "team mx pro", pro is one team is the other

The coloured 'custom' MX Pro and MX Team are built to order. The normal versions have a black case, custom ones can be any colour case (and LED) from the list available with custom length RX, switch and FET leads.
thanks for the reply terry what are the tech differences between the mx pro and the mx tsx team? also how long is the waiting list for a tsx ?
Old 02-01-2007, 06:42 AM   #412
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosta
thanks for the reply terry what are the tech differences between the mx pro and the mx tsx team? also how long is the waiting list for a tsx ?
I'm sure Terry can come up with a better list;

MX-TSX
lower on resistance - 0.000162ohms
18 selectable power profiles
Drive Current -1440A
PWM Freq. - 1-5KHz
Brake resistance - 0.000325ohms
Drag Brakes
Launch Control
Auto Roll - Creep
Lipo battery setting (voltage cutoff)

Skiddins
RCDisco.co.uk
Old 02-01-2007, 12:46 PM   #413
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins

MX-TSX
Drive Current -1440A
PWM Freq. - 1-5KHz
Drag Brakes
Launch Control
Auto Roll - Creep

Skiddins
i think you will find the lowest drive freqency is 1kh on setting 2 variable freq in advanced menu.
stuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:54 PM   #414
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuey
i think you will find the lowest drive freqency is 1kh on setting 2 variable freq in advanced menu.
That's what I said, from 1-5KHz
RCDisco.co.uk
Old 02-02-2007, 01:30 AM   #415
Tech Regular

Quote:

MX-TSX
Drive Current -1440A
PWM Freq. - 1-5KHz
Drag Brakes
Launch Control
Auto Roll - Creep

Skiddins
thanks for that skiddins, now i just need to get hold of one!!

Stuey, awesome avatar fella seen a few chaps with it now and what i want to know is what's the top and bottom half like dribble,dribble
Old 02-02-2007, 01:39 AM   #416
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
That's what I said, from 1-5KHz
sorry dude thought it said 1.5kh am i bad
stuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 06:47 AM   #417
Tech Master

Hey.....

I should have noticed earlier but when you turn the Esc upside down and look at the little slot in the circuit board are the wires just on either side of it the wires for the built in capacitor?

If so which is the positive and which is the negative and would it be ok to wire the large cap to the same points?

If it's ok to do it that way would my 18w/12v goot soldering iron be up to the task? The only other ones I have are 60 and 80 watt ones.

Thanks in advance.

Ps: Was it ok to cut the blue fet wire really short to keep it out of the way as I don't use fet servos?
Mabuchi540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:16 PM   #418
Tech Master

*bump*
Old 02-02-2007, 04:59 PM   #419
Tech Elite

From what I recall that capacitor has something to do with the signal wires or switch or something, the power stuff is on the upper level circuit.
RCDisco.co.uk
Old 02-03-2007, 06:21 AM   #420
Tech Master

*bump*