R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-08-2006, 05:11 AM   #391
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi Steve, the MX Team will be out any time now! We're doing some updates to the new extended program and finalising the advanced settings etc. The new MX advert is out in the UK so the details are available and we've been taking advance orders. Apologies it's taken longer than previously announced.. new products are notorious for delays, we want to make sure everything is right before we go ahead with the release. There will be a group of MRT drivers running them again at this weekends Carpet Wars. The reports from the first meeting were very good so all looking good!

Ed. We received your VX and receiver etc.. you soldered the tubes! They are full of solder!! NOT good. Soldering it got too hot, melted solder on circuit board and shorted out the speedo. (note the gold tubes on the VX should only be used with the gold plugs that connect into them) Receiver is a bit beat up, failed for some reason.. crash damage? old age?? Nothing to do with speedo getting shorted.

Having not received any reverse connected speedos the last few weeks we received 7 in 2 days earlier this week, not good.

Note for electronic speed controller users:
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU CONNECT THE BATTERY +VE & -VE THE CORRECT WAY TO YOUR SPEEDO OTHERWISE DAMAGE WILL RESULT. (THIS APPLIES TO ANY MAKE/TYPE OF ESC)
We do our best to deal with returns ASAP but it would be better all round if we didn't have them returned in the first place!
Terry_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 02:57 PM   #392
alb
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Anyone looking to buy a MRT (MX PRO+) speedo drop me a line. 2 races old. Taking the rest of this season off.

THANKS EA!
alb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 05:37 AM   #393
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Hi Terry

E-mail sent in regards to ESC,s

Thanks Tony
Do you won't free Post on your items, PLEASE contact AUSTRALIA POST to confirm your eligibility and enter your code number here. Otherwise standard rates apply. Why don't people haggle or complain with o/s postage but always want local postage for free or moan like their left hand was cut-off, Come on guys Aus post do have set costs , it isn't the seller trying to rip you off.Items must be sold. All reasonable offers considered
addicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 08:11 AM   #394
Tech Addict

Any news on the Team Edition speedo yet? It's been quite a while, although I do understand that you have had various set backs...
Skill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 12:53 PM   #395
Tech Elite

Got mine yesterday, Looks great in purple.

Terry, I was going to ask about the new power profiles.

Are there any guidlines or circumstances where the different frequencies would be advised/usefull?

I run stock at the moment so I'm assuming that the standard lower frequencies would be best unless it's a particularly high speed track.

Thanks
Skiddins
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 01:33 PM   #396
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skill
Any news on the Team Edition speedo yet? It's been quite a while, although I do understand that you have had various set backs...
Hi Skill, the Team Edition MX has only just come out. They are available in limited numbers right now but should be available from stock hopefully fairly soon. Custom spec orders are currently taking about a week to 10 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins
Got mine yesterday, Looks great in purple.

Terry, I was going to ask about the new power profiles.

Are there any guidlines or circumstances where the different frequencies would be advised/usefull?

I run stock at the moment so I'm assuming that the standard lower frequencies would be best unless it's a particularly high speed track.

Thanks
Skiddins
Hi Skiddins, glad you received yours ok, yes purple does look great!

Regarding the new power profiles, generally the higher range of frequencies are better suited to Modified and 19-turn on more open tracks, the normal mid range frequencies are best for all-round use on mid-size tracks. The lower range frequencies are usually best for 27-stock (lower power) motors where extra punch is required, they're also good for tight tracks. The higher frequencies are more efficient (with less brush/comm wear) and smoother, the lower ones have more 'go' but at the expense of efficiency.
Terry_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 02:06 PM   #397
Tech Addict

Hi Terry,

Thanks for the quick reply, hopefully I should be getting mine through my local modelshop soon
Skill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 03:16 PM   #398
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default tsx

terry

you got an email
stuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 05:17 AM   #399
Tech Master

Ok I'm going to be putting a MX pro in my.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry_S
Hi Nick and guys, as EA already said we recommend to run a cap and a schottky (both supplied) they improve efficiency.
With maximum efficiency there's more punch, especially later in a race.
Losi XXX-CR soon and I too wonder if the cap is required. I know there is a small one already built in but would I really notice a difference using the big cap when running a silver can 540 stock motor?

Here in NZ that is the stock class and if I decided to run anything faster I'd usually get another car/Esc anyway so the chances this esc will ever see more than a 540 are slim.

So yes is it required and would I notice a difference for this class of motor?

I'd run it if there is a noticably difference but my MX is the solder post version with the wires already soldered on (the guy at HarrisRc.com did it for me - a real tidy job it is too ) and I'd rather not undo his good work so 'if' I do use it would it be ok to wire it onto the deans plug I'm going to use for the battery (which will most likely be under 3 inches - close to two in length anyway)?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Mabuchi540; 01-26-2007 at 05:29 AM.
Mabuchi540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 07:11 AM   #400
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuey
terry

you got an email
Stuey, you got pm
Andyg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 03:00 AM   #401
Tech Master

*bump*
Old 01-29-2007, 04:50 PM   #402
Tech Master

*bump*
Old 01-29-2007, 06:15 PM   #403
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabuchi540
Losi XXX-CR soon and I too wonder if the cap is required. I know there is a small one already built in but would I really notice a difference using the big cap when running a silver can 540 stock motor?

Here in NZ that is the stock class and if I decided to run anything faster I'd usually get another car/Esc anyway so the chances this esc will ever see more than a 540 are slim.

So yes is it required and would I notice a difference for this class of motor?

I'd run it if there is a noticably difference but my MX is the solder post version with the wires already soldered on (the guy at HarrisRc.com did it for me - a real tidy job it is too ) and I'd rather not undo his good work so 'if' I do use it would it be ok to wire it onto the deans plug I'm going to use for the battery (which will most likely be under 3 inches - close to two in length anyway)?

Thanks in advance.
I shouldn't think you'll notice much of a difference at all, but it's main function is to help the speedo, not the motor.

Skiddins
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:21 PM   #404
Tech Master

Thanks.....you wouldn't happen to know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins
I shouldn't think you'll notice much of a difference at all, but it's main function is to help the speedo, not the motor.

Skiddins
if not using it voids the warranty do you? I can't find anything specifically that says so in the instructions, there is only a mention that it must be wired according to the diagram, which of course shows the external capacitor.

Also, would connecting it to the battery plug (themselves only 2-3 inches from the esc) on a short lead, or direct to the plug, be ok?

As mentioned in my original post I'd rather not touch the tidy soldering job that HarrisRC did for me?
Old 01-30-2007, 01:27 AM   #405
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Terry
atlast i have a PT
can i have 2 clones please
also can harry my son use my clone at the same meet but in a earlier heat
will the computer allow 2 different racers ti use 1 no. in same meet ?????

how much for the clone`s X2
luv ya
colin
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote