R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-06-2006, 05:39 AM   #346
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yes you're getting old like the rest of us old timers! (p.s. YGPM)

We get to hear all sorts of reasons why 2 wires get connected the wrong way round.. it's always the same outcome, unless you're very lucky you will end up with a damaged speedo and have to pay out for a repair or a replacement. Most times these days it's a replacement. It's the same for all speedos, connect them wrong and they go BANG!!

Adrian has been thanked, he's done really well and he's very pleased! Also Jamie Booth won the BRCA Truggy Nationals using his i-PT, needless to say every lap counted to perfection! Congratulations to Adrian and Jamie.
Terry_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 06:00 AM   #347
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Is there no way of having a reversed connect protector in there some where

it goes pop even if the `off` switch is in `off` position ,
just asking & thinking out aloud
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 06:03 AM   #348
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Edd YGPM
about that c-s thread thingy

read the PM terry thanks & i`ll be waiting ,it`s raining still
Old 10-09-2006, 05:30 AM   #349
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
Is there no way of having a reversed connect protector in there some where

it goes pop even if the `off` switch is in `off` position ,
just asking & thinking out aloud
Nope no way, at least not without drastically reducing the braking performance.
Yes you are correct, a speedo will be damaged even with the on/off switch turned 'off'!
Old 10-09-2006, 06:44 AM   #350
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry_S
Nope no way, at least not without drastically reducing the braking performance.
Yes you are correct, a speedo will be damaged even with the on/off switch turned 'off'!
bugger
i don`t use brakes anyway coz i don`t crash
Old 10-10-2006, 10:49 AM   #351
Tech Rookie

Terry, you got a pm

fred kruithof
kruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 04:45 PM   #352
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Well, tried the new MRT MX speedo in the car on Saturday. So far, I am NOT happy. The car glitched badly with this speedo. Tried a different receiver, moved the receiver to be ontop of the steering servo, tried 3 different motors, all to no avail. Lost all my practice time, as I would only go about half a lap and pull the car off to try somethine else to make the glitching stop. Finally put my KO VSF-1 Comp speedo back in before the first qual, and ran flawlessly all night. So, MRT ppl, how do I make it stop glitching my car? It's an RDX, so there is not alot of room to play with. If it can't sit right up againt my receiver, without glitching it, it does me no good.
Stealth_RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 05:13 PM   #353
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Stealth,

I wouldnt think it would be from running it next to your reciever as that is how mine is. I had mine mounted on its side butted up against the reciever and never had a problem. This weekend I put in a Spektrum Pro and was able to turn the Speedo the other way on the car mounted to the bottom and still no problem. Kinda strange Maybe Terry can offer some suggestions once he reads this.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 06:46 PM   #354
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I ran the speedo for the first time this weekend , it performed flauless. No problems what so ever. By the way my receiver is located side by side with the receiver. Not sure what the issue would be.
ATOMIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 07:08 PM   #355
Tech Master

EA, what profile are you using for stock? I was using #2 (I think). Not that it should matter, but maybe it was making the motor arc excessively.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:12 PM   #356
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Hey Eric,

I use #1 or #3 for stock/19 turn and #5 for Mod. I havent tried any of the other's yet...but I doubt that is it. I emailed MRT about it as well. If you want to let Herrmann try it in his car and see if it works in his. That was my next thought. I havent seen very many speedo's cause glitching but with electronics I am sure it's possible.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 07:43 PM   #357
Tech Master

EA, funny you should mention that. Herrmann blew up one of his Tekin's today, when he hooked up the battery backwards. I thought about having him try my MRT, but didn't want him to waste a qualifier, or break something, if it still glitched him. Also, he's running an X-ray '007 now, if you didn't already know that. It's stupid fast, his first week out with it. Tho', I did beat him in the main, thanks to Seaball and him getting together for some 22 sec laps.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:56 PM   #358
Tech Master

Well, put the MRT back in the car and have been running it here on the bench. Again, the speedo was cutting out and the steering servo jumping around. Removed the stock 1500uF power cap and installed the 2700uF cap off my VSF-1. It's no longer jumping and glitching here on the bench. We'll have to see if it works on the track next Sunday. I do know Tekin is recommending that ppl add a 2nd or use a larger power cap on their speedo's when running 4200's.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:03 AM   #359
Tech Fanatic

Hi Stealth_RT, sorry to hear you had glitches (still got them?). It's most likely something external to the speedo, maybe the schottky diode or the power capacitor is the problem as you seem to have found already. It's always a good idea to try disconnecting them to see if you still have the glitches. As Eric has suggested, try your MX in another car and see if that works ok. If not it could be a problem with the electronics, if so it's a very uncommon problem but it can happen. The MX design is as good as you can get to not cause glitches.

Fred I've received your message, I will reply later today when I have the answers.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:43 PM   #360
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default HELP

have a look here folks and see if you can help

VXR Li-Po / Regulator Problem
radio_car_racer is offline   Reply With Quote