R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-03-2006, 11:19 AM   #286
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

well I just placed my order for a custom MX Pro, can't wait to try it out.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 03:29 AM   #287
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Matt we've received your order ok, your custom MX will be made and then sent to you asap!
Terry_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 03:34 AM   #288
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOKYT
Terry--I'm like Matt and I am very interested in your speedo's as well. Do you currently have any US distributors or do we order direct? Thanks

Brant
Hi Brant, currently we don't have any US distributors, orders are made direct via our on-line shop. Custom spec MX ESC's can also be ordered direct, the product links are on the main page of our web site.
Old 07-04-2006, 03:46 AM   #289
Tech Adept

Hi Terry,

Firstly, I just want to say I love my MX Pro, can't fault it and I've been following the news of new versions being released eagerly.

But maybe I'm having a blonde moment because I can't see any technical differences between the new ones and my MX Pro. Are there any?

Cheers,

Tim.
THancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 04:08 AM   #290
Tech Fanatic

Hi Tim, the differences between the MX Pro and the new Team and Worlds versions are, (apart from a different case label and standard LED colour - custom versions also available similar to the MX Pro at present) the two new versions have higher MOSFET specifications, ie a lower on-resistance and higher current rating.

The Worlds version is intended for those who want the absolute best possible spec speedo money can buy. They will be specially hand built and custom made to order and having pretty much half the on-resistance of the MX Pro will be an amazing spec ESC in the same very small size case. The Team spec version will boast a very low on-resistance and power spec to give it an advantage ahead of the competition.

Last edited by Terry_S; 07-04-2006 at 04:21 AM.
Old 07-04-2006, 04:56 AM   #291
Tech Adept

Ah, that would explain it then because I can't see the Team or Worlds editions on either the website or the shop.

Any chance of getting the exact spec's and prices for both?
THancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 02:45 PM   #292
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by THancock
Ah, that would explain it then because I can't see the Team or Worlds editions on either the website or the shop.

Any chance of getting the exact spec's and prices for both?
I'm eagerly awaiting the latest versions as well.

Hopefully they won't be too long or I'll have to spend this money
Terry, will you be setting up a pre-order system like when the MX Pro's were first released?

Skiddins
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 10:22 PM   #293
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

all i want to kow is this going to be better then the gtx and the ko prop's? im in so far sounds like great speedo from what ive read on the older modle whens the new one suppose to be out its already july?
Old 07-05-2006, 08:40 AM   #294
Tech Addict

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the MX Pro already exceeds the specs of the GTX/KO so I'm sure the Team/Worlds ones will be even better.

I'm definitely interested in the Team/Worlds edition depending on the prices
Skill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 01:53 PM   #295
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DirtyDog3375

Just wondering if anyone has seen or have the optional heatsink and fan cooling kit??? Just wanted some feedback (pics) as I was thinking of getting one of these kits as it gets really hot in our summer (Australia) - track temps=55+'C

Thanks in advance.
DirtyDog3375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 02:57 PM   #296
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog3375
Just wondering if anyone has seen or have the optional heatsink and fan cooling kit??? Just wanted some feedback (pics) as I was thinking of getting one of these kits as it gets really hot in our summer (Australia) - track temps=55+'C

Thanks in advance.

At our last National here in the UK the track temp was at 125F or 51'C. The MX Pro had no problems with heat and I had no additional heatsinks or fans attached to the speedo, if you need the fans stick them on the motor!!

HTH
adyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 03:52 PM   #297
Tech Regular

depends what turn motors your using, the last national was 27t and 19t, anything lower than that might get it hot... the fan kit cant harm
agower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 07:07 AM   #298
Tech Fanatic

Hi Andrew, even with low wind modified motors the MX Pro shouldn't get too hot. A fan or heatsink are not essential but will help improve efficiency. If a speedo runs too hot it could be because either its power MOSFETs are not efficient enough (spec too low) or it's set up wrong. You are right though, running a fan or heatsink can't do any harm.

Hi Skill, yes you are correct the MX Pro already exceeds the specs (MOSFET specs) of the GTX. I'm not sure about the KO as I've never seen inside one and as far as I'm aware it's not mentioned in the specs for the speedo. The MX Team and Worlds specs will be even better, with the Worlds being pretty much half the on-resistance of the MX Pro. For those that appreciate ESC specs that is a big difference and specs you won't currently find anywhere else, certainly not in a speedo the small size of the MX.

The MX Pro is still perfectly able to run with the motors and cells currently available with no problems and should be fine with anything that comes along in the near future. We are behind with the release of the new MX versions it's now looking like around the end of August or into September. Skiddins, we'll have a pre-order system like for the MX Pro and MX Pro Custom. Tim we will be announcing the prices and detailed specs in the next month or so.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:38 AM   #299
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DirtyDog3375
Default Motor fan

Just wanted to find out if anyone else is having a similiar issue to me:

I have just mounted a fan to cool the endbell of my motors and have directly mounted the fan power wires into the esc (batt + and -), however, I notice that when I apply just a small amount of throttle, the fan slowly stops, then as I apply more throttle, the fan speed increases. I would have thought this would be the case if I wired the fan to the motor wires, but it is definately wired directly to the battery posts in the esc.

Any ideas???

Thanks in advance.
DirtyDog3375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 09:33 AM   #300
Shop Owner

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to nnick Send a message via MSN to nnick Send a message via Yahoo to nnick Send a message via Skype™ to nnick

I can only say that I have experienced exactly the same thing!

I don't know why but I know it doesn't do any harm either since I run like this for some time

Nick

The #1 source for all your electric needs www.rcring.eu

Enjoy RCing....
R/C Tech #82
IRT #123

Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong

Team Xray T4'17, Team Xray X10'18, TOP Racing Rebel
nnick is offline   Reply With Quote