New MRT ESC

Old 03-30-2006, 07:43 AM
Tech Regular

terry:

I came to reset my mx today but noticed that the led isnt lighting up, the speed controller itself still works fine. i can still reset it to my transmitter so that isnt a major problem, but i have noway of knowing what profile i am in, so is there any way that i can reset the speedcontroller to a factory set profile then change it by counting the presses of the setup button just to cover the nationals this weekend?

What is the problem likely to be with it? is it just a simple led replacement needed?

It also says in the instructions that the firmware can be updated by you, i was wondering what exactly could be changed and what paramters it can be adjusted in?

I bought this direct from you as soon as it came out from on the preorder list and this is the only problem i have had.

thanks
A Gower
Old 03-30-2006, 01:59 PM
Tech Regular

hi,

was wondering if i can have my mrt checked/serviced? everything on it seems to work fine, though recently ran at an event with handout motors, and car was just no punch at all.

i live in australia and bought it new off harris rc in december/january 06

i run on setting 2 (variable frequency)
Old 03-31-2006, 03:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Terry_S
So if you think the MX Pro is a very good speedo (at a very good price) how about an MX "Team" or MX "Worlds" spec? Interested in an on-resistance that's almost half of the best on-resistance specs listed above?? Think of the extra punch, acceleration and speed!!

Watch this space... the new higher spec MX competition speedos are coming...
(exact prices and specs TBA).
I'm sure this is one of you favourite questions , but do you know when the release date for the newer MX's will be?

I was thinking about upgrading to the MX Pro from my EBay special, but if even better ones are not far off I'll hold out for the new ones.

Skiddins
Old 03-31-2006, 05:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

was wondering if i can have my mrt checked/serviced? I live in australia...
No problems, send it back and I'll check it out for you, no sweat. Not sure what your "real" name is, but please PM me with some details.

Thanks.

-Scott
Old 03-31-2006, 02:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi Scott, thanks for helping out Doomah. It's easier for you to check it out, we'll await your findings. It could be a motor or battery problem as a speedo is either working ok or not, whereas motors and batteries can go 'off tune' so to speak. Until Scott checks it out we won't know the answer.

Andrew, I think we've temporarily sorted your problem for this weekend at least as we've discussed by e-mail. Yours is a component failure the LED has stopped working. We'll sort it out asap next week after you return it to us.

Damian, we've announced the new MX versions now (in fact we've said they're coming since the launch of the MX Pro) we're aiming to release them in the summer. As I said.. 'watch this space'!!
Old 07-02-2006, 01:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

News update, our web site has had new products and info added. Also new UK and worldwide suppliers added to our suppliers list. More news to follow, watch this space..
Old 07-02-2006, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Terry,
E-Mail sent. Very interested in running your new speedo here in Canada when it comes out !

thanks
Stu
Old 07-02-2006, 03:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Stu, thanks!!

For anyone that wants to receive info and updates on the MX it's a good idea to register for our 'MX Files' offer (on our web site) that way you'll get email updates sent direct to you rather than having to keep checking the forums.

With higher capacity batteries available and motors being pushed harder than ever now is a good time to make sure you're running a speedo that is not at its limit and runs cool and efficiently. Compare all the ESC specs - especially the on-resistance and current rating, they are very important.
Old 07-02-2006, 03:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ran my MX for the first time today, have to say, very impressed
Switched from the linear to variable frequency (19t profiles) during a practise run, and straight away noticed a difference in the power delivery. really smooth, and very adjustable.

TRied out the launch control too.... what a finals tool started 2nd on the grid for the finals, each time I was alongside the pole man by the first turn, simply due to a faster start

Only problem I had was the speedo switching off at the end of a run... think that has more to do with a poorly placed switch (read, easily dislodged ) than anything else though... opps.

Overall, highly impressed.... good job Terry
Old 07-02-2006, 04:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

well after a frustrating day of having my LRP Q1 going into thermal shutdown every run I'm looking to get something new. Does the MX Pro need a heatsink or anything when running mod motors outside in a TC?
Old 07-02-2006, 04:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Matt, there's no need for an external heatsink. The MX does have a built in heatsink and it will also be possible to fit an extra optional external heatsink or a fan for running in extreme conditions, but as mentioned they are not essential. The MX heatsink and fan are scheduled for release in the future.

Are you running a heatsink on your LRP Q1? Also a power capacitor and a good schottky diode will help, we recommend them to be used with the MX as they help the speedo etc to run at maximum efficiency. It is in extreme conditions that the difference between ESC's becomes more apparent, the Q1 and some other so called 'competition' ESC's can and do lack an ultimate MOSFET spec, either less FETs or lower spec FETs.. it's why they can get hot and go into thermal shutdown.
Old 07-02-2006, 04:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I was running a shottky and the LRP heatsink but no power cap. I'll probably be ordering an MRT in the next day or two, I like how you can customize the wire lengths, case color and led color.
Old 07-02-2006, 04:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Matt, that's great. We do offer custom built speed controllers as you have seen. You can also choose between the 'ultimate' solder post version or plug in gold connectors (standard 3.5mm type) all wire, power capacitor and schottky diode + extras are supplied with the MX Pro.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:42 AM
Tech Elite

Terry--I'm like Matt and I am very interested in your speedo's as well. Do you currently have any US distributors or do we order direct? Thanks

Brant
Old 07-03-2006, 09:37 AM
X2
Tech Regular

The MX is amazing. Im very pleased with mine, caused me no troubles at all.

Also, sent my MX back to MRT to have the servo lead and switch wire shortened to my own custom length and within 3 days its been posted back to me

I dont know about other countries, but in the UK MRT is a very well known and respected company.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.