R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-16-2004, 06:45 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to losixxx
Default new novak esc!

Any one on here see any one using these?
looks like a good esc!
clicky here
losixxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 06:51 PM   #2
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I guess I need a new speed controler..
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 07:03 PM   #3
Tech Adept

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...threadid=47566

you've been scooped.
dae_paresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 08:44 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to GundamWZero Send a message via Yahoo to GundamWZero Send a message via Skype™ to GundamWZero

But why put a esc in racing events before the public has access to the product? It should have been tested, sold then raced by their drivers. All those national events......What do the manufacturers have to fear? An unknown beating thier sponsered driver? This is the type of mess I get angry about. Betcha its gonna cost every bit of 200 dollars when it comes out.

‎"We fight not because we hate what's in front of us...
We fight to protect whats behind us."
GundamWZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 08:53 PM   #5
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

lol its 160ish and its already beeen tested and run by novak guys at big races won a few aswell, i dont know about u but most manufactures give new products to the team drivers to test and give feed back on the product to make it better and running them at big races where the most stess and strain on rc equipment is placed is the best place to tst out new stuff.

Last edited by syntex1; 08-16-2004 at 09:01 PM.
syntex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 09:05 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Send a message via MSN to GundamWZero Send a message via Yahoo to GundamWZero Send a message via Skype™ to GundamWZero

You have one? How is it?

Old 08-16-2004, 09:18 PM   #7
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Syntex is right: The best feedback for a competition racing item comes from when it is used in the highest levels of competition.

We could have just thrown the esc out there before it was thouroughly tested and tweaked, but how would that have helped the general consumer? What if there was a problem? In instances like this it is best to have a small control group do the majority of the testing... 5 guys giving feedback for a while is better than 5000 angry customers, wouldn't you say?
Old 08-16-2004, 09:21 PM   #8
WC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by GundamWZero
But why put a esc in racing events before the public has access to the product?
Its called Research & Development!

Novak's team drivers have all been running 'funny' GT7s for
a long time now... all those hacked-up mystery GT7 cases
containing some new mystery electronics.

Why do *I* as consumer wanna be a guineapig?

If I'm buying retail I expect a product that's fully tested
and most of its bugs ironed out before its on the shelf.
Novak is good at that.

Microsoft otoh... err...
www.MelbRC.org
----------------
WC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 11:55 PM   #9
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to donoman

I don't know about you but I much rather that 5 professionals test the items before I go and spend 200$ for a worthless piece of junk that Hara won't even use, despite his plucked eyebrows.
donoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 12:00 AM   #10
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to DOMOisCOOL Send a message via AIM to DOMOisCOOL Send a message via Yahoo to DOMOisCOOL

Quote:
Originally posted by donoman
I don't know about you but I much rather that 5 professionals test the items before I go and spend 200$ for a worthless piece of junk that Hara won't even use, despite his plucked eyebrows.
Hara never used a Novak ESC. He only uses his Hara Twister aka Ko Propo.
DOMOisCOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 12:15 AM   #11
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by WC
Its called Research & Development!

Okay then, answer this; you call taking Nationals and World races with prototype ESCs, knowing that you've already tested and proven them before you handed them to your drivers RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT? What if you was beaten by a guy who has an ESC so far superior than yours in weight and power, and you couldn't buy it? I call this cheating! R&D was over before the Worlds, and the Nationals! I can garantee they also had extensive track times practicing with these ESCs. All those unknown guys trying to win a Worlds and National event got owned buy a company that didn't want to sell their ESCs until after a sanctioned event!

Call it what you like.........I call it cheating.

Old 08-17-2004, 12:21 AM   #12
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by donoman

Man, I am tell you that they knew wether these ESCs would be junk before a sanctioned event! I am not gonna let this "R & D" at major event fool me. Neither should you. Their best drivers, and their back up gear? Come on........those ESCs were ready for sale.

Old 08-17-2004, 12:24 AM   #13
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Evicerator
Syntex is right: The best feedback for a competition racing item comes from when it is used in the highest levels of competition.

We could have just thrown the esc out there before it was thouroughly tested and tweaked, but how would that have helped the general consumer? What if there was a problem? In instances like this it is best to have a small control group do the majority of the testing... 5 guys giving feedback for a while is better than 5000 angry customers, wouldn't you say?
The real testing wont happen until they send them to Australia, it seems we are the hardest people on equipment, i dont know how many cyclones, GT7's, Novak BL's etc that have been returned through the local distributor. Whether it be the heat or if we are just world class mongs we seem to be able to find the smoke release functions like no one else in the world.
Old 08-17-2004, 12:26 AM   #14
Tech Master

good point gundam
FW-05RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 12:39 AM   #15
Tech Elite

I just want everyone to realize that if you sit down, and create a ESC that you know will fail, would you then give them to your drivers to race at a event? No. You continue to work out the bugs. That is what you call R & D. Once you work out all the bugs ( and in microsoft case, some of them) you should sell them. Of course, give one to each of your drivers, but at least the customers have a fighting chance at a Nationals too.