Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Ko Propo VFS-1 ESC >

Ko Propo VFS-1 ESC

Ko Propo VFS-1 ESC

Old 08-18-2005, 11:55 PM
  #1156  
Tech Lord
Thread Starter
iTrader: (26)
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,922
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Robert.. sent ya a PM about your paypal addy.. also you gonna be at Tamiya on sat? let me know. thanks homie!

Hebiki is offline  
Old 08-19-2005, 09:53 AM
  #1157  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: World Wide Westside!
Posts: 1,210
Default

Lee- The terminal that is the same side as the VFS-1 lable iwith the red line (top) would be the negative terminal for the battery. The next terminal next to it would be the negative for the motor. The final one would be the battery/motor positive. I think someone posted the instruction here a while back.

centax error- Using the KR-302F, you can set the power save to any voltage setting. I would suggest using the 2.3V setting to maximize the power coming out of your batteries.

Hebiki- Info sent to you. I'll be at Tamiya tomorrow for a little while.
KO PROPO Staff is offline  
Old 08-19-2005, 03:59 PM
  #1158  
Tech Lord
Thread Starter
iTrader: (26)
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,922
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by KO PROPO Staff
Hebiki- Info sent to you. I'll be at Tamiya tomorrow for a little while.
sweet
Hebiki is offline  
Old 08-19-2005, 05:03 PM
  #1159  
Tech Master
 
centax error!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: " Burn Rubber, Not your wallet! "
Posts: 1,135
Default

Originally Posted by KO PROPO Staff
centax error- Using the KR-302F, you can set the power save to any voltage setting. I would suggest using the 2.3V setting to maximize the power coming out of your batteries.

Ok. Cool!

Tnx.

CE!
centax error! is offline  
Old 08-20-2005, 01:17 AM
  #1160  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
IN10CT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Sydney
Posts: 216
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

i just got a VFS-1 MASAMI model and i want to know if the standard settings of this model could be used for a stock motor or do i have to use a mod motor?
IN10CT is offline  
Old 08-20-2005, 02:04 AM
  #1161  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (38)
 
danjoy25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,151
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Setting is more suited for mod, I will be going to Windsor and can help to change the settings for more punch
danjoy25 is offline  
Old 08-20-2005, 02:19 AM
  #1162  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
IN10CT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Sydney
Posts: 216
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

i tried the standard settings, the thing flys. im impressed with it.
when will you be at windsor dan?
IN10CT is offline  
Old 08-20-2005, 04:01 AM
  #1163  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 151
Default

Originally Posted by IN10CT
i just got a VFS-1 MASAMI model and i want to know if the standard settings of this model could be used for a stock motor or do i have to use a mod motor?

Hi there,

If it's possible to read and post the settings that would be great


I have used the stock settings from the KO website and after 4 and half mins the car slowed down, looked at the comm and it was black and had eaten up the brushes.
I know this was not a gearing problem as I've been to the track a few times and run that gearing on my other speedo(German).

What is this telling me? about the settings.

One other thing I can't get my head around ,on how some settings it goes lower as they go up in the throttle range. Would you say a '10' be slower than a '30'. Or will the top speed of both settings be the same just different how it gets to it?

Cheers
adyb is offline  
Old 08-20-2005, 04:02 AM
  #1164  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 328
Default

I'm running my pro4 with VFS-1 and a Hara V2 12x1 motor. Gear ratio is about 5.8 and after running for 3 minutes or so, the motor would suddenly stop (but can still control the steering) and after 3-5 sec then the car would go again. Seems to be thermal shut down? but i never have this problem before and today isn't hot at all (it's late winter/early spring here in New Zealand) so i wonder why is it?
i thought the VFS-1 can handle any motor so why would it have thermal shut up when running a 12 turn motor? and what can i do to fix it?
I've tried adjust my ESC settings but nothing seems to help.
I've installed the cap but i just notice today my diode disappeared (i must have lost it from a crash) would installing a diode fix this problem?
I'm running a one-way and never brakes

Anyhelp would be great!
yellow15 is offline  
Old 08-20-2005, 04:15 AM
  #1165  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Paris - France
Posts: 399
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by adyb
Hi there,

If it's possible to read and post the settings that would be great


I have used the stock settings from the KO website and after 4 and half mins the car slowed down, looked at the comm and it was black and had eaten up the brushes.
I know this was not a gearing problem as I've been to the track a few times and run that gearing on my other speedo(German).

What is this telling me? about the settings.

One other thing I can't get my head around ,on how some settings it goes lower as they go up in the throttle range. Would you say a '10' be slower than a '30'. Or will the top speed of both settings be the same just different how it gets to it?

Cheers
Hi Adyb,

I would try increasing the whole profile of 3 steps.
Ralf is offline  
Old 08-20-2005, 04:28 AM
  #1166  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Paris - France
Posts: 399
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by yellow15
I'm running my pro4 with VFS-1 and a Hara V2 12x1 motor. Gear ratio is about 5.8 and after running for 3 minutes or so, the motor would suddenly stop (but can still control the steering) and after 3-5 sec then the car would go again. Seems to be thermal shut down? but i never have this problem before and today isn't hot at all (it's late winter/early spring here in New Zealand) so i wonder why is it?
i thought the VFS-1 can handle any motor so why would it have thermal shut up when running a 12 turn motor? and what can i do to fix it?
I've tried adjust my ESC settings but nothing seems to help.
I've installed the cap but i just notice today my diode disappeared (i must have lost it from a crash) would installing a diode fix this problem?
I'm running a one-way and never brakes

Anyhelp would be great!
Yellow 15,

Yes, you experienced the thermal shut down of the VFS1.
According to me your gear ratio is too high for the V2 Hara, I would gear it around 7.5. don't forget that the Hara commutator is special compared to a regular one.

You should try the Hara program and lower everything a few stage, and yes, you should use the schottky diode, the double is better for modified racing.
Ralf is offline  
Old 08-20-2005, 04:45 AM
  #1167  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 328
Default

Originally Posted by Ralf
Yellow 15,

Yes, you experienced the thermal shut down of the VFS1.
According to me your gear ratio is too high for the V2 Hara, I would gear it around 7.5. don't forget that the Hara commutator is special compared to a regular one.

You should try the Hara program and lower everything a few stage, and yes, you should use the schottky diode, the double is better for modified racing.
All the fastest guys here are using 5.5-6.0 ratio on all the different motors so if i use 7.5 there is no way i can be competitive. Is there anything else i can do?
yellow15 is offline  
Old 08-20-2005, 04:55 AM
  #1168  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Paris - France
Posts: 399
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by yellow15
All the fastest guys here are using 5.5-6.0 ratio on all the different motors so if i use 7.5 there is no way i can be competitive. Is there anything else i can do?
So try a different speedo setting as advised and lower it a few stage.

Once again, I am not sure at all about your gear ratio, I own a Hara 12t and when geared at 5.5 to 6.0, the comm is burnt and the shunts of the brushes get unsoldered because of the heat.
Ralf is offline  
Old 08-20-2005, 06:01 AM
  #1169  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 534
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default VSF programs!

Like adyb, If anyone wants to post your set up for either stock or mod, (im really interested in stock set us), everyonr can benifit,
C'mon guys, share the love!

Im particulaly interested in anyone who has a good set up for LARGE on rd stock!
Cheers
Simon
Bluey_74 is offline  
Old 08-21-2005, 03:04 AM
  #1170  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 328
Default

Originally Posted by Ralf
So try a different speedo setting as advised and lower it a few stage.

Once again, I am not sure at all about your gear ratio, I own a Hara 12t and when geared at 5.5 to 6.0, the comm is burnt and the shunts of the brushes get unsoldered because of the heat.
okie i'll try use a lower ratio and hope it'll fix the problem
but i'm just wondering how come even a 12T motor would overheat the VFS-1 ???
yellow15 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.