Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Robert (ko propo staff)-
Just sent the package out to you; you should be seeing it Monday/Tuesday. -JB

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 10:51 PM   #1112
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Alright gang, check this out. I raced 19T at the hobbytown USA points series race today. I think my KO VFS-1 has a serious issue. During practice and my qualifiers, my VFS-1 felt really flat for some reason. I thought it was the motor. I tried 3 new reedy quad mag motors that I had in my motor case and I kept getting yanked on the track. I tried 3 totally different settings on the VFS-1 and all of them felt the same. I tried Hebiki's stock killa set-up, a agressive 19T set-up, and a set-up from the KO website for 19T. To my surprise, none of the settings had no difference. I thought Hebiki's stock killa set-up was gonna be totally different using a new motor, but it felt I had no power or torque coming out of corners and going into the straightaway. I even tried different gear ratios going from 5.8 all the way down to 5.48 in my xray, but it only showed a very small difference in speed. Alot of people wondered what happened to my car and I told them that tried everything to get any power out of the KO VFS-1. Afew racers told me that it could be my KO VFS-1 esc. E.J. Evans told me to send it back to KO and see what they can do. What should I do guys ??? KO propo staff: Any suggestions ?? I would hate to change over to a novak esc because I like my KO esc so much. Thanks guys. ( Here are photos of my chassis ).
Attached Thumbnails
Ko Propo VFS-1 ESC-img_1920.jpg   Ko Propo VFS-1 ESC-img_1921.jpg   Ko Propo VFS-1 ESC-img_1919.jpg  

Last edited by Roger; 08-13-2005 at 11:08 PM.
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 02:34 AM   #1113
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger
Alright gang, check this out. I raced 19T at the hobbytown USA points series race today. I think my KO VFS-1 has a serious issue. During practice and my qualifiers, my VFS-1 felt really flat for some reason. I thought it was the motor. I tried 3 new reedy quad mag motors that I had in my motor case and I kept getting yanked on the track. I tried 3 totally different settings on the VFS-1 and all of them felt the same. I tried Hebiki's stock killa set-up, a agressive 19T set-up, and a set-up from the KO website for 19T. To my surprise, none of the settings had no difference. I thought Hebiki's stock killa set-up was gonna be totally different using a new motor, but it felt I had no power or torque coming out of corners and going into the straightaway. I even tried different gear ratios going from 5.8 all the way down to 5.48 in my xray, but it only showed a very small difference in speed. Alot of people wondered what happened to my car and I told them that tried everything to get any power out of the KO VFS-1. Afew racers told me that it could be my KO VFS-1 esc. E.J. Evans told me to send it back to KO and see what they can do. What should I do guys ??? KO propo staff: Any suggestions ?? I would hate to change over to a novak esc because I like my KO esc so much. Thanks guys. ( Here are photos of my chassis ).
does it pick up half way down the straight? or just flat through out. smell the esc too.. see if it smells burned?
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 05:30 AM   #1114
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger
Did you try resetting your speedo to your radio? ...maybe everyone else has just bought more motor since you raced last ...if you do need to send it in, Robert get's the speedos turned around "licketee split"
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 08:21 AM   #1115
Regional Moderator

Yes, you can try to reset your speedo again. And I think the last thing to do is unhook your power capacitor and try to replace with a new one (if you have any) and see if it solve the problem before you send it to KO for repair.
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 11:34 AM   #1116
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hebiki: The power felt completely flat throughout the whole power band.

Javs: I'll reset my radio again and see if it make any difference. Luckly, the location of where the track was set at is near by so I can do some comparisons and see if there is any differences in power.

daniz24: I was thinking about that last night because I remember when I was racing for GM back in the day, some of their V12's did that also.

I want to try all possibilites before I send it back to KO for service or repair. Thanks guys for all your suggestions.

Roger Serafin
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 06:13 PM   #1117
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I seem to have killed my VFS-1 today running modified, i have the profile i used saved on my handheld, i didnt think it was very aggressive. Blew up just about on the 5 minute mark, didnt have chance to test it on the track and too tired to do it now, was told that the magic smoke came out of it and the car stopped dead so im guessing that it has blown. Will i have to post it back to the US for service/replacement?
berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 06:26 PM   #1118
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to goop

roger that is funny you post this because i had the same thing happen to me at a big race recently. i tried every motor and different gearing and it just seemed very flat. the day after the race (after getting spanked) i borrowed a gtx from a friend and vuola i was back on pace. i wish i had thought of that before the race ended and cost me the A main. not sure what happened to it.

TOP Racing - Gravity Rc - Contact tires - KO Propo - Competition Electronics
goop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 09:20 PM   #1119
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Did I make a mistake?! I just bought two of them recently (a Pro AND a Pro-Comp) and my Pro is in for repair -JB

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 04:03 AM   #1120
Tech Master

Hebiki:Hi, do I need to make any adjustments to the voltage settings if I am going to plug in a couple of fans to the RX BEC? Also, I need a little bit more strength in my braking, what setting is good for the brake freq? Thanks for your time

Sonny
Fatboy Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 04:31 AM   #1121
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-zombies
for interested in getting the Hara Twister V2.1 it's now on Tower for pre-order. $149.99 and also with order over $150.00 get $25.00 off...
$125.00 for Twister is a great deal!!!
thanks for the heads up! they are in stock at the moment, $125 is a sweet deal...
domo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 11:23 AM   #1122
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Okay, nobody answered my question on the comparison to the Novak Pit Wizard. Anyways here is another one hopefully somone will answer.

From what I see, the Hara Twister is basically a VFS-1/ VFS-1 Pro with Hara's special program. Is this program only good for mod racing or can it be used for stock? Also is it only TC oriented or can it be used for other applications (i.e. offroad)?

Any worthy qualified replies would be appreciated.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 01:30 PM   #1123
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Joe
Hebiki:Hi, do I need to make any adjustments to the voltage settings if I am going to plug in a couple of fans to the RX BEC? Also, I need a little bit more strength in my braking, what setting is good for the brake freq? Thanks for your time

Sonny
Sonny: im not much into mod racing (try NOT AT ALL ) so i havent dabbled in the brake settings for the VFS-1 Pro/Pro Comp. Robert Morris from Ko will chime in here and give you some good advice. ive ran dual fans before on my previous cars and never found any problems. but then again i never used brakes. so you might have to adjust it if its too soft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude
Okay, nobody answered my question on the comparison to the Novak Pit Wizard. Anyways here is another one hopefully somone will answer.

From what I see, the Hara Twister is basically a VFS-1/ VFS-1 Pro with Hara's special program. Is this program only good for mod racing or can it be used for stock? Also is it only TC oriented or can it be used for other applications (i.e. offroad)?

Any worthy qualified replies would be appreciated.
Ive never used the Novak Pit Wizard so I didnt chime in. sorry.

yes, the profile is only good for mod. the profile from the Twister will be way too soft for 19T or Stock. you would have to lower the whole thing to get it aggressive enough for stock motors.
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 03:45 PM   #1124
Tech Master

Roger- Try resting the esc to the Tx. Make sure to have the Throttle High Point set to 100 and bake set to 100. DO NOT CHANGE the throttle high point. Doing this will confuse the esc and weird things happen. Are you sure that the data transfered to the esc from the programmer?

Berger- You should send it to Helger Racing for repairs in the UK.

Fatboy Joe- Default brake is set at 32. You may want to just set it lower until you find the brake frequency that you are looking for.

YR4Dude- Never used the Pit Wizard so I don't know.
KO PROPO Staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 04:04 PM   #1125
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

What is the current limiter setting for? ...the "label" seems to imply that the esc would not deliver more than the current indicated in the drop down ...if that is the case, why qould you want that ..seems like you'd want "all the jiuce possible" to get to the motor?
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote