R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-22-2005, 02:17 PM   #961
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukeejim
KO Propo Staff or someone in the know;
I have the Corally version made by KO, will the hand held programer work on this speedo, or do I need something else?
the Ko handheld programmer will work with all the following ESCs.

- VFS-1
- VFS-1 Competition
- Yokomo Masami esc
- Rayspeed Adachi esc
- Atsushi Hara Twister 2, and 2.1
- Corally esc
- Tamiya TRF VFS
- Alex Racing VFS

all these escs are IDENTICAL except for the twister 2.1 and vfs comp. those are the latest (carbon case, higher temp cutoff)

the others just have different casing and profiles preinstalled.
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 06:05 PM   #962
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki
closer to the motor the better. but if you are lazy you can solder it on the ESC. like this....

Thanks Hebiki !...

Just another question, in the photo it looks like the schottky diode is soldered to the the negative battery terminal rather than the negative motor terminal. My manual for the vfs-1 comp says black, green, red or are the Tamiyas slightly different ?
Phenochilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 06:28 PM   #963
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenochilus
Thanks Hebiki !...

Just another question, in the photo it looks like the schottky diode is soldered to the the negative battery terminal rather than the negative motor terminal. My manual for the vfs-1 comp says black, green, red or are the Tamiyas slightly different ?
The shotki should be across the motor NOT the battery. I'm assuming that the picture doesn't show you the complete wiring. There is some bending to the shotki and insulation installation to get it fit correctly at that location.
KO PROPO Staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 02:21 AM   #964
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenochilus
Thanks Hebiki !...

ooo my bad! forgot to mention that. please read what Robert posted above!
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 03:16 AM   #965
Tech Initiate

I need a English or German Manual for the setting adaptor. Can anyone help me?
darulor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 09:28 AM   #966
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

so check this out, so my radio dies (dead battery) on the second corner of the track I raced at last weekend, and the spektrum goes into "failsafe" ...well I didn't turn the car off, and it was on from Saturday evening to well last night when I started to go through my "post race/pre practice ritual" ...and the VFS1 apparantly didn't like that as it won't go on anymore ...just to make sure I hooked the speedo from my other car (same exact electronics in both cars) into the reciever and all works fine ..so my question, did I "fry" the speedo? ...can it be sent in for repair?
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 11:21 AM   #967
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGuy
so check this out, so my radio dies (dead battery) on the second corner of the track I raced at last weekend, and the spektrum goes into "failsafe" ...well I didn't turn the car off, and it was on from Saturday evening to well last night when I started to go through my "post race/pre practice ritual" ...and the VFS1 apparantly didn't like that as it won't go on anymore ...just to make sure I hooked the speedo from my other car (same exact electronics in both cars) into the reciever and all works fine ..so my question, did I "fry" the speedo? ...can it be sent in for repair?
Did you try re-binding? Yes it can be sent in for repairs.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:25 AM   #968
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO PROPO Staff
Did you try re-binding? Yes it can be sent in for repairs.
..what do you mean rebinding? ...when I turn on the power on the speedo nothing has lights up at all, it's like the juice isn't makinf it past the speedo. Where would I send it and what is there a "standard" charge or smeothing for repairs?
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 12:05 PM   #969
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGuy
..what do you mean rebinding? ...when I turn on the power on the speedo nothing has lights up at all, it's like the juice isn't makinf it past the speedo. Where would I send it and what is there a "standard" charge or smeothing for repairs?
With the spektrum receivers, the power save must be set at 3.5V in the VFS. If not, the receiver will go into a reboot and must be binded again to the module.

You can send it directly to KO PROPO USA. Labor is a flat $11.00 plus parts and shipping.
Old 06-28-2005, 05:13 PM   #970
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Guo Chean Send a message via Yahoo to Guo Chean

Hi Ko stuff,
may i know how to check whether the double shotki diode already burn off? because that day i mis plug battery for positive to negative so i just want to make sure the diode was still in good condition. thanks
Old 06-29-2005, 03:16 AM   #971
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guo Chean
Hi Ko stuff,
may i know how to check whether the double shotki diode already burn off? because that day i mis plug battery for positive to negative so i just want to make sure the diode was still in good condition. thanks
Easiest way is if you have a voltmeter with integrated diodetest function. Most digitalvoltmeters have this these days. Just test the doubleschottky diode this way. Switch the voltmeter in the diodetest function and connect the positive (red) wire of the voltmeter to the + tab of the schottky and the negative (black) wire on the negative. This way the voltmeter should show the same as not connected what is a " 1 " usually. This means out of range but is OK here.
Then you have to switch the voltmeters wires using the black one on the positive tab of the diode and the red one on the negative tab. This way the voltmeter should show a reading of anything in the 100-200 mV range. If both tests has the results as described your schottky should be OK but especially if the first test doesn´t show a "out of range" reading your schottky is burned. If both tests show an out of range reading your schottky also is burned. Before the tests just make shure your voltmeter is working OK with connecting the red and black wire. This way you should have a reading of something near zero.
Old 07-04-2005, 03:31 AM   #972
Tech Initiate

Hi Robert,

Can you teach me how can I connect my electronics together for my Asso 12L4? I have a KO VFS1, KO 302F, a KO 949ICS and I am planning to use receiver pack.

Do I need to avoid connecting the red wire of the VFS1 to the receiver?

Help me please.

Regards,
Kenny
kennykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 06:11 AM   #973
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to canto54

Hi all, I've just purchased a Ko VFS-1 pro, but the manual is in Japanese. Can somebody give me a link to download it? Or does can someone send me the english manual by mail at [email protected]?

Thanks a lot
canto54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 03:57 PM   #974
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to canto54

Poor of me, the english one was behind the japanese one...lol...I must stop to drink at work...
canto54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 12:19 AM   #975
Tech Master

centax error! is offline   Reply With Quote