R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-08-2005, 07:49 PM   #496
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by Hebiki
dennis

exactly! thats the idea. but you can fine tune it even more than that. at the tracks i race at, i have the most punch around stage 16 (which is where you would let off half way on the throttle) and have it shoot up to drive frequency 22-24 depending on the track size, brush/comm wear and run time.

also... when i run on low to med bite tracks.. the first 2-4 stages have less punch then the rest of the stages so i dont have wheel spin.

so it would look like this...

for the first four stages. messing with the throttle response is really good too for those that run mod and can feather the throttle.
chris, i got you.

my hands down to KO VFS-1!! puts the other variable esc to shame

dennis
Dennis Rabanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 08:03 PM   #497
Tech Initiate

Default VFS-2 and VFS Forward

Hi guys,

In RC World magazine, there is an ad about VFS-2 and VFS Forward. Do you know anything about them?

Thanks.
Tamiya Virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 08:05 PM   #498
Tech Initiate

Default Re: VFS-1 Stock profile

Quote:
here's what i used at tonight's race
Motor: EAMotorsports Monster Stock Pro
FDR: 7.50763 (Spur/Pinion: 72/22 [48 Pitch] )
Car: Tamiya Evolution IV
Finish: 2nd A-main

everything else is turned off. current limiter is set at 260A. two hyperboosters.

enjoy!
chris, I see that you are using 260A for current limit whereas most of the settings on the KO site suggest to use only 12A. Any reason or advantage for doing this? your also using 2 hyperboosters instead of the Ultimate shotki diode. Please shed some light on this man, you have become to be the vfs-1 guru

dennis
Old 01-08-2005, 08:21 PM   #499
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Hughes
Hebiki i have the settings adapter and i used the stock setup for a tight track from the KO site. Is this a good place to start off at?
Ooj is right.. lower it a bit if your comm is wearing and brushes are discolored. the profiles i put together are pretty extreme (i.e. lots of punch) but then again where i race, everyone cuts the comm after every run. take into consideration places where you let off on the throttle and how much. it will help you further refine the throttle profile.
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 08:22 PM   #500
Tech Lord

Default Re: VFS-2 and VFS Forward

Quote:
Originally posted by Tamiya Virus
Hi guys,

In RC World magazine, there is an ad about VFS-2 and VFS Forward. Do you know anything about them?

Thanks.
VFS-2 and VFS forward are replacements for the 1100 and 1200 series escs that came out along with the VFS-2000.
Old 01-08-2005, 08:32 PM   #501
Tech Lord

Default Re: Re: VFS-1 Stock profile

Quote:
Originally posted by Dennis Rabanes
chris, I see that you are using 260A for current limit whereas most of the settings on the KO site suggest to use only 12A. Any reason or advantage for doing this? your also using 2 hyperboosters instead of the Ultimate shotki diode. Please shed some light on this man, you have become to be the vfs-1 guru

dennis
hey dennis

im using 260A to try to squeeze as much as i can out of the esc and batteries. i havent been able to experiment with different settings in terms of current limit. since i race primarily stock.. i need to squeeze as much juice as i can.

as for hyperboosters.... i just got accustomed to using two. it gave me a TAD more top end. im saving my ultimate shotki for later (when the boosters finally die. )

hyperboosters were great with the VFS2000 because it helped with brush/comm wear while making it more efficient and helping with top end. they were discontinued when the VFS-1 came out. but replaced with the Ultimate and Ultimate Double diodes.
Old 01-08-2005, 10:28 PM   #502
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Tamiya Virus,

How do you receive your copy of RC World, do you subscribe or is there a newstand in Seattle that sells it? I really like that mag but it can be hard to find.

Thanks,
Steve

P.S. Does anyone have a good modified sedan setup for a 10 turn for the VFS-1 Pro?
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 11:23 PM   #503
Tech Initiate

Default Re: Re: Re: VFS-1 Stock profile

Quote:
hey dennis

im using 260A to try to squeeze as much as i can out of the esc and batteries. i havent been able to experiment with different settings in terms of current limit. since i race primarily stock.. i need to squeeze as much juice as i can.

as for hyperboosters.... i just got accustomed to using two. it gave me a TAD more top end. im saving my ultimate shotki for later (when the boosters finally die. )

hyperboosters were great with the VFS2000 because it helped with brush/comm wear while making it more efficient and helping with top end. they were discontinued when the VFS-1 came out. but replaced with the Ultimate and Ultimate Double diodes.
chris,

I too ran stock 23T in 5 minute main race. Runtime has never been the case to me until recently as I have experienced fading towards the end of the race. I thought it was my battery at first but I asked a friend to try some of my batts and they were strong from start to the last seconds of the race. So i guess I need to modify the settings on my VFS-1 huh? but it's strange bec it happened recently this two last races ( exactly same settings 3-5 races ago) and I know its not my motor nor my gearing. How do you know if the Caps on the ESC is busted?

Now the real problem- where do you usually set drag brakes? on the ESC or on the radio? I have few motors that are really fast but have more than enough amounts of drag brakes in them and it's costing me few seconds on my lap time. The rear on my car is wiggling everytime i'm off throtlle entering a corner and I have to tap the throttle a little to remedy this but it is slowing me down bec I have to let go off the throotle earlier than I normally do (btw, I'm running one way on the front ) I am certain that the drag brakes on the motor is causing this bec when I change motors the "off throttle wiggling syndrome" is gone hence, leads to my million $$$ question- What's the N.BRAKE and BRAKE FREQ on the vfs-1 are for? maybe that will compensate for the the drag brake on my motor.

Thanks.

Dennis

Last edited by Dennis Rabanes; 01-08-2005 at 11:54 PM.
Old 01-09-2005, 03:34 AM   #504
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi,
I had a bad day today as Ive been running the ko 2000j speedie for a while now and its been great but today at my local club day i went to have my second qualifier in modified touring and as i took off down the straight my car ran out of control and hit a board at full speed.Much damage was caused and the speedie fried. I have been running the large capasitor and had the ko factory high speed open track setting, I also was running the diode on it as well. The speedie has never given me any problems as i have had it in my 1/12 scale and it was working great. I was woundering if i could get any help with an address or some info on why it would have done this. I also checked weather anyone was using the same frequncy as me but not one person was. I also checked all of my other gear and was it fine. After all this i tried to conenct the speedie back up and as soon as i connected it to the battery the motor went at full speed. This is befor i even turned the speedie on. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks.
ashto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 05:26 AM   #505
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by ashto
Hi,
I had a bad day today as Ive been running the ko 2000j speedie for a while now and its been great but today at my local club day i went to have my second qualifier in modified touring and as i took off down the straight my car ran out of control and hit a board at full speed.Much damage was caused and the speedie fried. I have been running the large capasitor and had the ko factory high speed open track setting, I also was running the diode on it as well. The speedie has never given me any problems as i have had it in my 1/12 scale and it was working great. I was woundering if i could get any help with an address or some info on why it would have done this. I also checked weather anyone was using the same frequncy as me but not one person was. I also checked all of my other gear and was it fine. After all this i tried to conenct the speedie back up and as soon as i connected it to the battery the motor went at full speed. This is befor i even turned the speedie on. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks.
I have had exactly the same thing happen to 4 of my Tamiya TRF 2002 esc's. It sthe same as the KO one and they have all blown up most of the time during there first runs, now i have given up sending them back and just have them sat here as its a waste of postage sending them back only to be told that it was my fault they blew up!!!! Never had any problems with any other speedos though. Rick
Rick Draper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 05:58 AM   #506
Tech Initiate

rick, ashto: i have two of the KO speedo and never had really problems with it really ( crossing my fingers). Maybe yours are an isolated case.
There's alot of people in this thread that maybe able to help.

dennis
Old 01-09-2005, 10:19 AM   #507
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
I have had exactly the same thing happen to 4 of my Tamiya TRF 2002 esc's. It sthe same as the KO one and they have all blown up most of the time during there first runs, now i have given up sending them back and just have them sat here as its a waste of postage sending them back only to be told that it was my fault they blew up!!!! Never had any problems with any other speedos though. Rick
Dito, with regards to my VFS2000.
A pity, I liked the feel of it.
But I do not like my equipment braking down without a reason!!
PizzaDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 03:07 PM   #508
Tech Initiate

corallyman

You got pm.
Tamiya Virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 03:09 PM   #509
Tech Regular

Ran the speedo for the first time today and it is ballistic! Compared to my quantum 1 its far more reactive and smoother in places where i want it to be.
Dan Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 04:35 PM   #510
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Oh well looks like im not on my own with this one.Bit of a shame though cause it was a great speedie while it lasted. Now i have the handset with nothing to programe.
Are the new vfs1's any better?
ashto is offline   Reply With Quote