Wiki Posts
Search

Ko Propo VFS-1 ESC

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2004, 02:20 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by munrath
Don't forget to send me the need for speed profile.

Mark
dont need a profile for that. just hold down the throttle and dont let go!
Old 11-04-2004, 08:49 PM
Tech Master

hebiki i want to ask you a question about the VFS-1 AND THE PROGRAMER the frequencies they go from 1-64 right so 1= lots of punch and 64 more smooth is that how it works? if not how i am trying to learn here so i can make up some profiles any help would be great thanks.
Old 11-04-2004, 10:23 PM
Tech Lord

Originally posted by ngo8
hebiki i want to ask you a question about the VFS-1 AND THE PROGRAMER the frequencies they go from 1-64 right so 1= lots of punch and 64 more smooth is that how it works? if not how i am trying to learn here so i can make up some profiles any help would be great thanks.

yes that is correct. "stage" (as i like to call them) 1 has the lowest drive frequency. it gives you the most punch but also the most wear on your brushes and comm... also least amount of run time.

the old VFS only went to 32 stages.. but the VFS-1 goes to 64 stages so that the drivers in japan can really fine tune since they run 8mins in both stock, super stock and mod.

stage 64 has the highest drive frequency so your runtime is increased, brush/comm wear is less but you sacrifice punch/rip

scroll back a few pages.. i posted an excel spreadsheet that compares the frequencies from the VFS-2000 and VFS-1. its a good reference.

post here or PM me if you have any more questions.... either Robert or myself will be glad to help you out. good luck.
Old 11-04-2004, 10:34 PM
Tech Master

ok thanks for clearing that up this speed control should keep us busy for a while
Old 11-05-2004, 12:32 PM

Hi,

just wondering if any of u could tell me what the ko hyper booster is? is it the same as the diode thing supplied with the VFS1?

also apart from the pre soldered wires and the different BEC volatge does the VFS1 J look different to the VFS1 pro?

thanks
Old 11-05-2004, 12:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by tomlau
Hi,

just wondering if any of u could tell me what the ko hyper booster is? is it the same as the diode thing supplied with the VFS1?

also apart from the pre soldered wires and the different BEC volatge does the VFS1 J look different to the VFS1 pro?

thanks
The hyper booster is different from the Ultimate shotki diode that comes with the VFS-1. Use the supplied equipment that comes with the VFS-1. If you are using a 27T, 23T, or 19T motor you can use the hyper booster along with the supplied ultimate shotki. I would not recommend using it with modified motors.

The VFS-1 and J version are identical other than the factory setting of the BEC and wiring.
Old 11-05-2004, 12:53 PM

do you have a part no for the ultimate shotki diode? i cant find it on the website
Old 11-17-2004, 11:08 AM
Tech Regular

Hey Guys..lately i have been struggling with a proper setup for my 8 turn motors however thanks to Hebiki it seems i found a program to suit the motors ....

However I have got another question. The last 6 steps are are 27 28 29 30 31 32, the motor is peaking at 3/4 of the straight, now if i had to increase the last steps about 4 to 5 steps up would i increase the top speed or not ?

One other thing ....regarding the throttle response is setting one the mildest setting or not ?

Hope to hear from you all soon. Btw if anyone has a setting for 8 turn motors It would be great sharing it with us.

Bye !

Old 11-17-2004, 11:33 AM
Tech Lord

Originally posted by Pro Models
Hey Guys..lately i have been struggling with a proper setup for my 8 turn motors however thanks to Hebiki it seems i found a program to suit the motors ....

However I have got another question. The last 6 steps are are 27 28 29 30 31 32, the motor is peaking at 3/4 of the straight, now if i had to increase the last steps about 4 to 5 steps up would i increase the top speed or not ?

One other thing ....regarding the throttle response is setting one the mildest setting or not ?

Hope to hear from you all soon. Btw if anyone has a setting for 8 turn motors It would be great sharing it with us.

Bye !

thanks ProModel. glad i could help. i apologize again i dont run mod (im a big fat chicken )...increasing the last steps increases your efficiency/run time. somewhere in your profile.. you might have a 17/18/19 stage.. try it like this..

i always make the mid throttle punchy as hell.

i picked up that little trick from robert morris (ko propo staff) most of my profiles (for stock) uses the two stage thing for the beginning the gradually taper upwards.

also.. i usually gear up so that the car peaks/tops out right before i have to let off the throttle and go into the first turn. 3/4 of the straight might be good/perfect since your running mod and you have let off a lot earlier than stock/19T guys.
Old 11-17-2004, 11:57 AM
Tech Regular

Hey Hebiki,

Once again thanks for your help.

So if I understood well my last step should still be 32 and customize the middle of the graph to the steps you suggested starting from where I have the first 17 ?

Bye

Old 11-17-2004, 02:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

Any one have a good off road truck setup for mod/tight track? for the VFS 2000
Old 11-17-2004, 03:17 PM
Tech Lord

Originally posted by Pro Models
Hey Hebiki,

Once again thanks for your help.

So if I understood well my last step should still be 32 and customize the middle of the graph to the steps you suggested starting from where I have the first 17 ?

Bye

something like that send me your profile.. and ill show you where to modify it also.. if you have time to practice.. use the original profile.. gear up one tooth and down one tooth running a battery for each gear ratio..and see where the car peaks on the straight. when you gear up and you lose too much in the infield.. THEN we can tweak the profile a bit more.
Old 11-17-2004, 03:18 PM
Tech Lord

Originally posted by RC Old Man
Any one have a good off road truck setup for mod/tight track? for the VFS 2000
take a look on the kopropo site (www.kopropo.com)... again i dont run mod let alone off road.. but Pro Models has a good set up for an 8T mod.. we can easily convert that for off road. it all depends on the different factors. (traction, track size..etc)
Old 11-17-2004, 05:00 PM
Tech Regular

something like that send me your profile.. and ill show you where to modify it also.. if you have time to practice.. use the original profile.. gear up one tooth and down one tooth running a battery for each gear ratio..and see where the car peaks on the straight. when you gear up and you lose too much in the infield.. THEN we can tweak the profile a bit more.

Great .... I shall be practising again this coming weekend. I will send you over the profile once I am back from practise and hopefully we can fine tune the profile.

Thanks once again
Old 11-24-2004, 08:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Help

Guys I need help. Although i am not a newbie i sure feel like one now. Just bought the VFS-1 pro and can not get power to the motor. I followed the set up process but when i get to the brake step something goes wrong. I cant get it back to just a solid light, keeps blinking 3 times. am i missing something?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.