R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-27-2008, 07:25 AM   #2461
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Plain City, OH
Posts: 727
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

It appears the only way to adjust the parameters in the Comp 2 is with the multi setting adapter?
__________________
XXX-CR, XXX-T CR, XXX-SCT (Kertez conversion)
CRCRC.COM
Sneaky Pete Racing
Hammer Racing
Bike racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 07:45 AM   #2462
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Poole, UK
Posts: 66
Default Help on settings for 19T

Hi we are swapping from 27T to 19T and hoping someone can give me a suitable setup. On 27T we have been using a profile modifed from one that from Hebiki published. We use the same shape as Hebiki but start at 20, move down to 11 which is held for while then move up to 30, which has been great for our asphalt track, quite tight with good grip.

We will be using a Check Point 19Tmotor (with sort of dollar bill style label) which I understand is a pretty torquey motor.

Cheers Pete
yellowshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 05:19 PM   #2463
Tech Initiate
 
SALINET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Curitiba, PR - Brazil
Posts: 40
Send a message via MSN to SALINET
Default USB Cable for VFS BMC

Hi guys,

Happy New Year to all.
Well, i'm looking for som instructions on how to made my own USB adapter to program the VFS Brushless ESC.
Anyone knows where can I find this information?

Thx
__________________
___________________________________________
Flavio Loures Salinet k
Orion - XRAY - HUDY - RW RACING
http://www.fsmodelsport.com
[email protected]
MSN: [email protected]
SALINET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 02:42 AM   #2464
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Posts: 110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALINET View Post
Hi guys,

Happy New Year to all.
Well, i'm looking for som instructions on how to made my own USB adapter to program the VFS Brushless ESC.
Anyone knows where can I find this information?

Thx
Hi,

Happy New Year to all.

If you didn't already know, the USB adapter that I used for my Brushed VFS-1works perfectly for my BMC. Just download the BMC software on KO's website, and your ready to tune your BMC!!

Hope this helps.

Chami
CRiXman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 06:53 AM   #2465
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 708
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Hi all,

I just picked up a VFS-1 comp 2 from Stormer and was wondering about the hand held programmer. I've seen a few used ones floating around but I'm not sure if there is a specific one that needs to be used...? Is there only one programmer that works with all of the VFS series ESC's?

I'm going to be using the ESC in 12th scale, probably 19 turn. Is it absolutely necessary to pick up a programmer to run 12th or is the standard program going to be fine? I'll be running Checkpoint's and Dynasty's primarily.

Thanks!
adam lancia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:25 AM   #2466
HCS
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam lancia View Post
Hi all,

I just picked up a VFS-1 comp 2 from Stormer and was wondering about the hand held programmer. I've seen a few used ones floating around but I'm not sure if there is a specific one that needs to be used...? Is there only one programmer that works with all of the VFS series ESC's?

I'm going to be using the ESC in 12th scale, probably 19 turn. Is it absolutely necessary to pick up a programmer to run 12th or is the standard program going to be fine? I'll be running Checkpoint's and Dynasty's primarily.

Thanks!
There is only on programmer. You just have to make sure you have the VFS-1 setting card that fits into the top. Different setting cards are required for different devices(servo, VFS-2000, VFS-1, etc...)

I dont know if the programmer is absolutely necessary, but its very nice to have. The ability to program drive frequency at different points in the throttle allows you to customize the power band deliver exactly what you need.

I have a spreadsheet that I have been working on that I find useful for keeping track of various setups (2 cars with VFS-1 C2s but dont have the KO Propo USB interface). I can email you a copy if you like.
HCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:53 AM   #2467
Tech Elite
 
Arahawak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: A.D. 2030
Posts: 3,444
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Hi guys,

I am planning to get the Volac MS C3 ESC, is the onboard settings overkill for a Sport Tuned Motor or do i have to programmed it?

I am running the F1 class..

Newbie to EP
__________________
Support Bacteria - its the only culture some people have!
Arahawak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:48 PM   #2468
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arahawak View Post
Hi guys,

I am planning to get the Volac MS C3 ESC, is the onboard settings overkill for a Sport Tuned Motor or do i have to programmed it?

I am running the F1 class..

Newbie to EP
If I'm correct, a sport tuned motor might be the non rebuildable Tamiya motor with brushes.. or a black can mabuchi? either case, you'd want to put a more aggressive profile on there to utilize the VFS to its full potential. There is a profile for mabuchi type motors on the Ko site. check it out.

www.kopropo.com
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:51 AM   #2469
Tech Addict
 
tenpins77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: in a house
Posts: 692
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to tenpins77
Default

does anyone know the internal timing in the speedo?


tim
__________________
"Im on a Drinking Team, With a bowling problem"
"13th Grade Design", Web Design, Company Marketing, E'commerce Development

www.crgraphicsonline.com
tenpins77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:18 AM   #2470
Tech Fanatic
 
94eg!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 832
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenpins77 View Post
does anyone know the internal timing in the speedo?


tim
VFS-1 is for brushed motors, so there is no timing inside. Drive frequency is the only adjustment. The timing is set by the end-bell of the motor can...
94eg! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:03 PM   #2471
Tech Elite
 
SammyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New England
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)
Default

i have a vfs-1 for sale
__________________
Hotbodies USA
SweepRacing USA
SammyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:23 PM   #2472
Gig
Tech Apprentice
 
Gig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 69
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Kopropo VFS-1 Software help

Originally Posted by Gig View Post
Does anyone know if the time adjustment, on the BMC software, can be adjusted in decimal increments. Example: 0, 0.1, 0.2. 0.3..... 1.0, 1.1, 1.2..ETC
So, the standard ICS software V2.0 can be used for any setting accept timing.

================================================== ==========================================

The new software called BMC Manger Stock Motor V1.52 has timing adjustment.

Stock brushless can be adjusted for timing between 0-6 (17.5 and 13.5)

Modify brushless adjustment timing can be adjusted 0 to 2 max, any higher timing can damage ESC system. (10.5+)

Is this correct?

What I notice between the software was the frequency range optimization.
Gig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:29 PM   #2473
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gig View Post
Originally Posted by Gig View Post
Does anyone know if the time adjustment, on the BMC software, can be adjusted in decimal increments. Example: 0, 0.1, 0.2. 0.3..... 1.0, 1.1, 1.2..ETC
So, the standard ICS software V2.0 can be used for any setting accept timing.

================================================== ==========================================

The new software called BMC Manger Stock Motor V1.52 has timing adjustment.

Stock brushless can be adjusted for timing between 0-6 (17.5 and 13.5)

Modify brushless adjustment timing can be adjusted 0 to 2 max, any higher timing can damage ESC system. (10.5+)

Is this correct?

What I notice between the software was the frequency range optimization.
do not get this speedo (VFS-1) confused with the BMC esc. there are no timing adjustments in the VFS-1

in the BMC... timing 3-6 is only for 10.5 and lower (13.5, 17.5, etc).
0-2 is for mod motors. (you can also use 0-2 for 10.5 and lower, but it wont be making full use of the BMC's adjustability).

freqs is also different from the VFS-1 due to brushless technology.
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:46 PM   #2474
Gig
Tech Apprentice
 
Gig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 69
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post
do not get this speedo (VFS-1) confused with the BMC esc. there are no timing adjustments in the VFS-1

in the BMC... timing 3-6 is only for 10.5 and lower (13.5, 17.5, etc).
0-2 is for mod motors. (you can also use 0-2 for 10.5 and lower, but it wont be making full use of the BMC's adjustability).

freqs is also different from the VFS-1 due to brushless technology.
Hebiki,
Thanks for the clarification. There kopropo website is confusing. Do you have a good 4wd Touring Car Stock setup for 10.5, 13.5, and 17.5?

What's the difference between the BMC Software manager V1.52 and BMC Stock Manager software? I open them both up. I can't tell the difference. The only difference is display sizing.

Last edited by Gig; 07-08-2009 at 07:28 PM.
Gig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:22 PM   #2475
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gig View Post
Hebiki,
Thanks for the clarification. There kopropo website is confusing. Do you have a good 4wd Touring Car Stock setup for 10.5, 13.5, and 17.5?

What's the difference between the BMC Software manager V1.52 and BMC Stock Manager software? I open them both up. I can't tell the difference. The only difference is display sizing.
the V1.52 allows you to take timing up to "6". the original is only up to "2".

if you need a profile for the BMC for 10.5, 13.5,17.5 check the thread.. there's a couple on there. also the Reedy/Drew Ellis profile from Nats is also good.
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
KO PROPO BMC-VFS esc Molala3 Electric On-Road 0 04-23-2008 11:57 AM
KO PROPO VS-1 FS/FT Headshot R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 11-11-2007 06:16 PM
ko propo buffalobill989 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 2 08-09-2006 05:08 AM
~F/S Ko Propo Mars R/Ko Propo VFS 2000 Pro/BMI FK05~ RandomTask R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 06-21-2006 10:18 PM
WTB Ko Propo VFS-1 Pro Roberto Falcon R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 5 10-22-2005 11:36 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:43 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net