R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-15-2008, 05:04 PM   #2371
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard1 View Post
Hebiki or anyone I am looking for help in programming my VFS1 and VFS2 esc's for our track (see image). The track is tar, 185 meters long and the main straight is about 65 meters long (long track). We race the long track with 27t (VFS1) and 19t (VFS2). What I hope you can help with is a profile for both classes. I don't have a smooth finger!!! Much appreciated in advance.
howard, your lucky to have such a nice track... looks like you really dont need much punch but need more cornerspeed. my suggestion is to play with the first third part of your profile to fit your driving style. but just make sure your profile ends up in mid to high 30s to make sure your running as efficiently as possible on the long straightaway.
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:01 PM   #2372
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I have just received a Tamiya Volac for Christmas and got it installed in my TA05-R w/ Penguin chassis. At the local HobbytownUSA we race 27T stock with TakeOff RP tires. Now as I understand it, this ESC is pre-tuned for 9-10 turn mod motors running on carpet. I've got it installed with a Trinity CO27 Pro and wonder if this will be decent for the time being (in Novice)?

I have recently been laid off, so I cannot possibly afford one of the KO tuning devices.

BTW: What is the best way to extend the leads of the power capacitor? I mounted it next to the ESC, but only one of the leads reaches in it's current position.
94eg! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 07:19 PM   #2373
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcnewb2004 View Post
I do not mean to doubt...really? but there has been already news in this thread that its been released? When's the real release date?
The prototype was used at the IFMAR 1/10th off-road world championships.

Pics were shown on the internet from the Tokyo Hobby Show of future product.

It might be release in Japan Domestically, but not to the international market.
KO PROPO Staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 09:27 PM   #2374
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to rcnewb2004

when's it shipping? it just seems like.... there has been absolutely no news about the speedo for a while... not even an english description has come out yet.
Spintec
rcnewb2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 07:06 AM   #2375
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)
Thumbs up

I must say, I love KO Propo. Considering I'm a klutz from hell, I've dropped, slammed, tripped over, stepped on almost every thing I own. Well I just wanted to complement the KO staff on their VFS-1 series speed controllers. They are by far the best on the market. Seeing as I am a walking mess, I was hooking up the batteries to my T-Force and I put the terminals on backwards, (like Backwards Man...) and it started to smoke. Well, I'm dumb and didn't notice until the batteries were burning my hand and I could see the smoke pouring from my precious new VFS-1 C2. I un-hooked the terminals with the iron as fast as I could. Thinking my speed control was ruined, I thought I was out for the race day.

Well, this is where the 'KO miracle' comes in. After I let it cool, I tested the VFS-1 to see if maybe I could salvage some of the parts off of it. And to my total and complete suprise, it worked just fine. I would like to thank the good people at KO Propo for creating excellent products. I would have been stuck in the pits, I think, had it been any other ESC.

By the way, when is the KO Propo Mars EX-1 UR coming out in the states? If it's not soon, I may just import one. I am still using my Mars 2000 with a custom Spektrum module and have 2 others. So if you couldn't tell, I love this radio and need it. Can you tell me anything about it Mr. KO Staff?
Old 01-16-2008, 07:16 AM   #2376
Tech Master

rcnewb2004- Info on the esc has not been officially released to the international dealers.

jheimb4897- I don't want to burst your bubble, but the esc is damaged. Most likely the brake FETs and some other components are probably damaged. The EX-1 UR should be arriving here in the US in about a week.
KO PROPO Staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:39 PM   #2377
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Ultimate shotki diode (Double)..

I have lil bit of problem with my VFS-1...seems the Ultimate shotki diode (double) that soldered to my VFS became "Ultimate extremely hot" less than 3 second after I on the esc switch (with my TX on)...

funny thing if i unplug the ESC harness from the RX and on the ESC 'OR' i just on the ESC without switching on the TX..the shotki diode is cold fine...now i hv to take out the diode..in order to use the ESC...kindly explain...? my diode wiring is fine..

Thanks..
malachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 08:42 PM   #2378
Tech Adept

I beg to differ that it is damaged. I had one of my buddies who regularly repairs ESC and radios and such. He said that my ESC is completely fine. Nothing is damaged on it and it works just the same as the day that I bought it. Besides, it was only hooked up in reverse polarity for about a half of a second. I have mulitples VFS-1's and can't notice a difference in performance between that one and any of the others that I have.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:42 AM   #2379
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

It only takes half a second to mess the speedo up.
Scrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 11:29 AM   #2380
Tech Fanatic

Anybody have any opinions on the Multi-Setting Adapter for these speedo's? I just bought a used one on ebay, but it won't arrive for some time. It seems a little complicated to use. What do you guys think?
Old 02-18-2008, 01:17 PM   #2381
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94eg! View Post
Anybody have any opinions on the Multi-Setting Adapter for these speedo's? I just bought a used one on ebay, but it won't arrive for some time. It seems a little complicated to use. What do you guys think?
yes! the adapter is an invaluable tool. it will let you fine tune your speedo. dont be afraid to play with it.
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:22 PM   #2382
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post
yes! the adapter is an invaluable tool. it will let you fine tune your speedo. dont be afraid to play with it.
I play with mine all the time

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 11:59 AM   #2383
Tech Adept

How do I load a profile from my multi-setting adapter to my ESC? The instructions only say how the thing turns and what the buttons do. How do I know if the profile has been loaded onto the ESC? Does the ESC have to be on or can it be off? I am just not too sure how the thing works. Any help would be most appreciated. I want to use this things instead of having to bring my laptop to the track every weekend to make adjustments to my speedo.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:04 PM   #2384
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Anyone have a profile for silver can, touring car, rubber, blacktop, lipo?
Old 02-20-2008, 01:46 PM   #2385
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jheimb4897 View Post
How do I load a profile from my multi-setting adapter to my ESC? The instructions only say how the thing turns and what the buttons do. How do I know if the profile has been loaded onto the ESC? Does the ESC have to be on or can it be off? I am just not too sure how the thing works. Any help would be most appreciated. I want to use this things instead of having to bring my laptop to the track every weekend to make adjustments to my speedo.
Here are the instructions. Follow them and you shouldn't have any problems...

http://www.kopropo.com/VFS1SetingCar...%20English.pdf