R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-30-2006, 01:09 AM   #2086
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to rcnewb2004

caps if anything only provide small boosts in power, if any. They are mainly used to make sure there are no sudden drops of voltage to your motor. The diode protects your ESC's circuitry, the cap is just "icing" on the cake.

More uF means "smoother" power usually. So I would go with the 10V if I knew for sure its not going to pop. If i am not sure, i would rather just not run w/ a cap. On my 1/10 I run straight's s4 cap. They are awesome.
rcnewb2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 12:31 PM   #2087
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for the info. I ended up putting the one that came with the esc on the car I figure better safe than sorry....

"Failure Is Not An Option"
kcrunchone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 01:26 PM   #2088
Tech Addict

OK now I havethe esc all layed out and I am ready to go.. Does anyone have a decent set up for the vfs programer for stock 27 turn 1/12................

looking for punch and a bit of run time no breaking...

Old 11-30-2006, 01:30 PM   #2089
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrunchone
OK now I havethe esc all layed out and I am ready to go.. Does anyone have a decent set up for the vfs programer for stock 27 turn 1/12................

looking for punch and a bit of run time no breaking...
http://kopropo.com/vfs_help.htm
XrayFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 04:55 PM   #2090
Tech Addict

Thanks...

Looking into it as I type.....

Old 12-01-2006, 11:41 AM   #2091
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexi Brown
Anyone have info on when the usb pc interface kit will be avail. in U.S.?

im looking to get that or the controller unit to program my mms3. anyone have any idea where i can get either or?
2qwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 02:22 AM   #2092
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2qwik
im looking to get that or the controller unit to program my mms3. anyone have any idea where i can get either or?

http://kopropo.com/vfs_help.htm

look here

Old 12-06-2006, 06:47 PM   #2093
tc4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hello,
Just a question with my KO VFS-1 Pro speed control are you able to run wires from the speedy to the big capacitor? I have tried this cause i wanted to mount it somewhere else on my car other than ontop of the speedy but i get glitches. Do you have to use a certain type of wire or anything?

Thanks
Old 12-11-2006, 07:55 PM   #2094
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Guo Chean Send a message via Yahoo to Guo Chean

Hi Guy i just brought my VFS 1 Pro C2 from oversea and i know that that was a new feature of drag brake may i know how to set the drag breake function? does any new software came out for this? thanks
Old 12-16-2006, 07:42 PM   #2095
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Help please

Hi Guy's
Can you please help me.I have several KO VFS1 ESC and one of my Hara 2.1 carbon model has a broken reset/on/off switch when the car was hit in the side of. I live in australia and can I send it to be repaired or can I cut another switch off at the wires from one of my other VFS1's and resolder the switch back on at the wires not on the circuit board. I would love to just send it back to the states but it could get lost in the mail.
Any imput would be great.
Thanks Addam
Wing Chun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 11:03 PM   #2096
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to ngo8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guo Chean
Hi Guy i just brought my VFS 1 Pro C2 from oversea and i know that that was a new feature of drag brake may i know how to set the drag breake function? does any new software came out for this? thanks
if you look in the instructions it came with an add on sheet it explains how to add drag brake or take it off with the setting device my hara t2.2 did anyway.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:27 AM   #2097
Tech Master

Default Look what i did.

Man you would not beleive what happened to me. I did a post a few posts back asking for help about replacing my reset/on/ off switch on my VFS1 Hara 2.1 carbon model.
Okay last night my mate called over and he is very good with a solder iron so we cut off another VFS1 Switch off another one I have to fix the Hara up. He conected it up put it all together and added the Shotkie and the Cap and put it in the car. He left and i turned on the radio and the ESC and the car was running at full speed and smoke came out of the Negative ESC wire. I am thinking that the solder has touched between the wire Positive/negative and caused the problem, Maybe. I contacted Robert at Ko and they have sent me a repair con note.I live in AUSTRALIA and I have to send it to the USA. When I checked the Wire connection where he had soldered on the On/Off switch i noticed that the wire was not conected properly to the circuit Board because when he cleaned the solder off to resolder he has made the hole to big and there was no connection between the Red wire and the circuit board.Could any of these have caused the smoke problem. Also the car ran with the power turned on or off , while the battery wires were in. Then to top it off i was getting the ESC wires off to send to the USA and I left the solder on the desk and it was againest the ESC and melted a big mess of the carbon Fibre look cover. So Now i have to send 2 speed controllers to the States to get fixed. Can I get a Hara replacement case when I send it and do you think I have cooked the ESC with the smoke issue I had.
will it be okay to send the ESC over with out the case because my wife thru it out because it stunk so bad.
Can one of you Guru's please help me on this.
Any imput would be great PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
Also How long will it take to get these repaired Do you think.
Has any one had problems like this.
I am a very dedicated KO user and love the products.
Thanks Guy's
And Merry christmas
Addam
Old 12-19-2006, 11:28 AM   #2098
Tech Master

TRFMAD-
Replacement case is available, but no hara labels here in the US. You would have to send it to Japan if you wanted the hara labels. We don't carry them here.
Turn around time on repairs is same day ~ 1 day at the moment (if repairable) for the US. Japan will be longer due to the holidays. They close for about a week for new year's.
KO PROPO Staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 01:14 PM   #2099
TEM
Tech Regular

Does anyone have the pinouts for the computer link cable?
TEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 03:55 PM   #2100
Tech Master

Thanks Robert.
I will send to you tommorrow, I will put both of them in together.I am so impressed with the ko service in the states, Here in OZ I when I had a stripped gear in my KO servo. I contacted the guys that sell Ko here and they were hoppless to deal with.
I am a golf pro and own a golf shop here and I think customer service is one of the most important thing.
You guy's over there in the US are a fine example of Great customer service. I had the Servo gears in 3 days.
Fantastic service, well done.
Thank you
Best wishes for christmas,
Thank you for great service
Addam smith

Last edited by TRFMAD; 12-19-2006 at 04:12 PM.