Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Ko Propo VFS-1 ESC >

Ko Propo VFS-1 ESC

Ko Propo VFS-1 ESC

Old 05-29-2006, 01:35 PM
Tech Regular

the VFS-1Comp and the Hara 2.1 have higher temp cutoff, you can send your VFS-1 pro to upgrade for a higher temp cutoff or mount a cooling fan to cool the speedo. I saw in recent Reedy race photo, Hara's car had two cooling fans , one for motor and one for speedo.
Old 05-29-2006, 01:44 PM
Tech Initiate

for change a VFS-1 pro to a VFS-1 competition:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Heatprotectormodify.pdf (70.0 KB, 248 views)
Old 05-31-2006, 09:36 PM
TFR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Robert,

I know the diode single is needed to use with the ESC, but is the big capacitor really needed as well? I'm only running 1/12th 4 cells. What do you think? Can I get away without using one? Any ill affect?

Thanks,
Old 05-31-2006, 10:20 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
I had my VFS1 pro thermal shutdown a couple times yesterday. The track was about 120* and this was with a 7 turn. Can anyone recommend where to start on the frequency to avoid getting the ESc too hot? BTW what does Hara do in Thailand? It's really hot over there...
rob, try lowering your profile so there is less punch, limit the current, and run the heatsink for the VFS.....and make sure your gearing is spot on so there isnt as much heat generated.

Originally Posted by maxoo
for change a VFS-1 pro to a VFS-1 competition:
maxoo, doing this "self-fix" will void the warranty. better to send it off to Ko and have them do the mod.
Old 06-03-2006, 11:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I just got a Hara 2.1 and when I hook up my 7 single and hit the throtle the servo glitches. I did not have these issues with my other speedo using all the same gear.

It seems to be drawing current away from the reciever so its shutting off while powering up the motor. Is this a frequency setting or is there something wrong with the speedo?

Thanks,
Old 06-03-2006, 05:14 PM
Tech Regular

Check if your capacitor is installed correctly and determine if it's working. Also, you might have to adjust the power save to a higher voltage. I don't think it's the drive frequency problem.
Old 06-03-2006, 11:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

You can also use a capacitor in one of your reciever slots. Spektrum makes one already assembled.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:16 AM
Tech Adept

I'm sure this question has ever been posted but I was not able to find the information on the post.
I'm currently running a VFS1 Pro and I own a Multi Setting Adapter that I purchase with it.

Now I want to uprgrade to a VFS1 Pro competition or a Twister 2.1, can I use my programmer with this new speedo?
Old 06-05-2006, 07:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by canto54
I'm sure this question has ever been posted but I was not able to find the information on the post.
I'm currently running a VFS1 Pro and I own a Multi Setting Adapter that I purchase with it.

Now I want to uprgrade to a VFS1 Pro competition or a Twister 2.1, can I use my programmer with this new speedo?
Yes
Old 06-05-2006, 07:52 AM
Tech Adept

great!! thanks a lot
Old 06-06-2006, 04:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by trf_racer
Check if your capacitor is installed correctly and determine if it's working. Also, you might have to adjust the power save to a higher voltage. I don't think it's the drive frequency problem.
Thanks for the input. It turns out my reciever doesn't like where it is mounted. When I test the gear with the reciever on the workbench its fine. The second I put it between the speedo and the servo thats when it starts to have issues.

I guess this could be radio interference? It does it with my HRS reciever and my novak XXL. I didn't have a set of crystals to try but I'm not sure this would solve the problem either.

I run an MSX so everything is tight but fits. I'm going to have to mount my recieveron my servo I guess. But I will try a cap mounted to the reciever as well.

How do I change the output voltage to the reciever from the speedo using the programmer?
Old 06-06-2006, 05:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JoeGlover
Thanks for the input. It turns out my reciever doesn't like where it is mounted. When I test the gear with the reciever on the workbench its fine. The second I put it between the speedo and the servo thats when it starts to have issues.

I guess this could be radio interference? It does it with my HRS reciever and my novak XXL. I didn't have a set of crystals to try but I'm not sure this would solve the problem either.

I run an MSX so everything is tight but fits. I'm going to have to mount my recieveron my servo I guess. But I will try a cap mounted to the reciever as well.

How do I change the output voltage to the reciever from the speedo using the programmer?
You go to the Power Save window in the programmer, and adjust it to the highest Power Save voltage (I believe it's 4.0)

I run my VFS-1 Competition on TRF415MSX and I don't have any problem with glitching. I am using a Futaba S9550 Low Profile Servo and JR RS310 rx. Are you putting the capacitor beside the rx? I managed to fit it between the ESC and the motor.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:40 PM
Tech Regular

I am using a KO 2363 servo and a futaba HRS reciever. The cap is mounted on top of the esc, whick is now about 6mm away from the reciever and doesn't seem to have anymore issues. My buddy has the programmer so I will see him at the track tommorow and check and possibly adjust my speedo.
Old 06-09-2006, 05:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

KO Staff/Robert.
Hi!
I smoked my Pro Comp and am sending it to you today via Priority. When you hit the throttle, it smokes and the negative battery wire unsolders itself from the speedo. I use the stock cap and the Ultimate Double Schottky for 19t 1/12th scale. What is the average turnaround time right now? I have a big race on June 25th and need it back by then. Is that possible if you get it by Tuesday/Wednesday next week?
Thanks,
Joe Glorioso
Old 06-09-2006, 08:45 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Glowster21
KO Staff/Robert.
Hi!
I smoked my Pro Comp and am sending it to you today via Priority. When you hit the throttle, it smokes and the negative battery wire unsolders itself from the speedo. I use the stock cap and the Ultimate Double Schottky for 19t 1/12th scale. What is the average turnaround time right now? I have a big race on June 25th and need it back by then. Is that possible if you get it by Tuesday/Wednesday next week?
Thanks,
Joe Glorioso
Joe,

Robert isnt always on rctech.. email this to him at [email protected]. He'll definitely get it.

- chris

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.