R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   team Much More Tire Warmers Question? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/47769-team-much-more-tire-warmers-question.html)

Coney 08-15-2004 08:47 AM

team Much More Tire Warmers Question?

Hey Guys,

Just after some info from ppl who have/are using the Team Much More Tire Warmers.
Do they fit over the tires with the shell/body fitted on?

Cheers,
Coney :cool:

johnbull 08-15-2004 12:12 PM

Go for a warmer that wraps around the tyre and warms the tyre only, and not the whole wheel unit.

The last thing you want to do is warm the wheel (rim) too.

kh15 08-15-2004 07:49 PM

i think thats the biggest waste of money ever, i run on ashpalt with slicks and i dont use tire warmers and i have no traction problem, and at the end of a race my tires arent even that warm

Jon Kerr 08-15-2004 10:52 PM

Tire warmers can be essential when you're racing at high levels of competition especially in cooler weather. Especially if you're at a race where there's a control tire being used and the track temp is below the ideal temp for that tire.

danjoy25 08-15-2004 11:20 PM

Re: team Much More Tire Warmers Question?

Originally posted by Coney
Hey Guys,

Just after some info from ppl who have/are using the Team Much More Tire Warmers.
Do they fit over the tires with the shell/body fitted on?

Cheers,

You can, but it is more of a hassle than trying to save time as wires will be all over the place. Try getting a belt type like mine as some cup types wont fit perfectly.

speed1 08-16-2004 02:00 AM

Hi Coney

I have a set of much-more tyre warmers and never had any problems with them.They fit perfect with the body on the car too and they are very easy and fast to remove with no loss in temp.

VenomWorldOrder 08-16-2004 05:00 AM

Re: Re: team Much More Tire Warmers Question?

the cup type warmers are better. this is why trinity went from belt to cup. the cup warmers warm up the entire rim and rubber. this subsequently allows the tire to retain more heat, and i higher temp for a longer period of time.

the belt ones are good though as they are easy to use for different sized tyres.

Coney 08-16-2004 05:09 AM

Re: Re: Re: team Much More Tire Warmers Question?

Originally posted by VenomWorldOrder
the cup type warmers are better. this is why trinity went from belt to cup. the cup warmers warm up the entire rim and rubber. this subsequently allows the tire to retain more heat, and i higher temp for a longer period of time.

the belt ones are good though as they are easy to use for different sized tyres.

I thought that heating up the rim makes them soft or weakens it???

Also, do these fit over Ufra Foams?

johnbull 08-16-2004 07:06 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: team Much More Tire Warmers Question?

Originally posted by Coney
I thought that heating up the rim makes the soft or weakens it???

Also, do these fit over Ufra Foams?

Quite right. I prefer to have my tyres warm and my rims cool.

Do you see Formula 1 cars warm their rims too ?

The cup types are just cheaper and easier to produce, but the wrap around types as used on real race cars are more efficient.

However - different strokes for different folks - as the old saying goes.

V12 08-16-2004 07:35 AM

Hmm. I talked to some guys using the Team Much More Tire warmers and all of them liked them much. They say the handling is much easier than with their old Trinity or any other wrap around type warmers and they donīt feel any problem with heating up the rims. But using the control unit is a good idea.