Search
Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

Originally Posted by azz187
Alan, go back to your boyfriends at the t3 11 forum you scattered Kent!!!..
I'm gonna ram your serpent when I'm lapping ya next time

sorry guys, back to topic
Old 10-24-2011, 09:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thank you for the reply Patto and apologies for the offensive banter with Hacker. He's a strange Man!!
Old 10-24-2011, 09:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by azz187
Thank you for the reply Patto and apologies for the offensive banter with Hacker. He's a strange Man!!
pot calling the kettle black
Old 10-25-2011, 02:53 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hi hi,

Just my 2 cents...

I notices most of the 13.5T + super boost/turbo drivers might found unsettle rear end, and it is all due to lack of smoothness of throttle control from the speedy.

If lengthen wheelbase + 2000cst rear diff oil without help, I would suggest simply just tune down the turbo/boost settings, turn OFF or lower the drag brake, monitor your motor temp and keep gearing up to accomplish the top speed that you miss. Don't be afraid as your car might LOOK/Feel slower than other competitors, keep driving with smooth throttle, check your lap time and see what happen. Once you have done it you will love the steering from this car kit.

Originally Posted by hacker
I have never driven a touring car with kit setup that was so shit......
Old 10-25-2011, 04:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pattojnr

first day with the car, kit setup, twitchy, taily. 2 mins on track, pulled it off.
changed wheelbase at rear and went to white spring. instant success.
3 battery packs later, i was faster then i was with my xray. all in under 4 battery packs.
I'm hearing that 1mm longer from kit legnth and whites are the key. You used which front spring and whites where rear or white front and rear ?
Old 10-25-2011, 04:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

white rear , orange or red front
Old 10-25-2011, 05:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by OVA
Hi JB
If you are breaking loose on power..I would change the rear spring to one step harder from the box stock and one hole outward in the rear shock tower.
believe me or not .I was able to get the serpent to rotated around the corner like my xray ...serpent like thicker shock oil... xray 600cst and 450..it help to smooth out the car...
Originally Posted by Dragonfire
Despite people thinking softer has more grip soft springs also struggle with load. Too soft will see too much weight transfer and the tyres will not be able to coop. Its always about when you need the grip not what end.
Originally Posted by JACK HAMMER
I'm hearing that 1mm longer from kit legnth and whites are the key. You used which front spring and whites where rear or white front and rear ?
so some guys have gone 'softer' rear springs, yet some people have quoted as using 'harder' rear springs.

now I'm really confused........

FYI if anyone doesnt have serpent springs, xray and associated springs fit on with no probs.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JACK HAMMER
Kit front orange, and white rear.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker
so some guys have gone 'softer' rear springs, yet some people have quoted as using 'harder' rear springs.

now I'm really confused........

FYI if anyone doesnt have serpent springs, xray and associated springs fit on with no probs.
it all has to do with your track, class you run, tyres you run. the way you drive, etc. no one is right or wrong. but everyone races on a different track. so setups will never be the same. close at times, but not the same.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:43 AM
Tech Adept

401366 middle shaft alu

Mine is brown color. Is this spring-steel??
Old 10-25-2011, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

I m going to get this car soon and will order it online since its not available from where I live. Now, since I m going to order it can you guys list down the must have option and spare parts so that I can order it in one go? Like, which arms should I stock the med/hard....stuffs like that. I going to race it on an outdoor tarmac track with low to med grip. BTW is the DCJ/ECS for this car available yet? I have a set of Hudy ECS, will that fit in this car?

Thanks.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

yes, the standart ones are spring steel. The new alluminium steering shafts should be 70 % lighter.

Tjek out RedRC.net to see more nice new option parts.

Can't wait to try out the Double Cardan Joint Shafts!
Old 10-25-2011, 03:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Serpent web site updated new option parts for S411
Old 10-26-2011, 03:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
Serpent web site updated new option parts for S411

some parts is out of stock when will re-stock?
Old 10-26-2011, 05:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Dameetz.

You must not have anything - just buy the kit. You will love the car.

If you look in the tarmarc set ups, you will find, that many use the 2,25 mm chassis. It is not a must, but maybee a nice thing to have. The same with the wishbones, uprights and C-hubs. Maybee nice to have the hard ones, but really need them? No.

Order the car. Built it. Find a setup whit a simillar track condition like yours. Then drive the car, and you will smile...

Spareparts? We have driven the car for about 60-70 batteries now. Only indoor - mostly on a small track and mostly with modified motor.

Nothing broken except of one wishbone, because two guys in their stupidnes tried to drive very fast (mod) and very close - then a crash in the corner, because of misunderstanding. The wishbone didn't brake, only the screw hole for the damper was broken in the wishbone. Can still use the wishbone, but have to use the inner hole then. Nothing else is broken. Everything are still in super condition.

If I were you, and I had no other Serpert S411 driver near by, I would order the kit, a set of the hard or medium wishbones, C-hub and steering blocks. Things, that can brake in a havy crash. Then I would drive the car and find out, what I need for my type of driving.

Again - I'm sure, you will love the car.

Regards
Bjarne

Originally Posted by dameetz
I m going to get this car soon and will order it online since its not available from where I live. Now, since I m going to order it can you guys list down the must have option and spare parts so that I can order it in one go? Like, which arms should I stock the med/hard....stuffs like that. I going to race it on an outdoor tarmac track with low to med grip. BTW is the DCJ/ECS for this car available yet? I have a set of Hudy ECS, will that fit in this car?

Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.