Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

Anyone here coming from Yoks BD5WR? How does it compare? Recently I ve been thinking of getting this S411. Which one is the latest version and where can I get it the cheapest?

Thanks.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ronsand
I expected that you would chime in! I will try rubber to begin with. It will for sure be a change as I've always been running on foam. I will add the 19t alu pulley to the "to order" list.
You tought so huh hehe You should get Sorex 28R Rubber(Mustit have these ones with JB Blues mounted) or Jaco Green 28Shore for tires. But you probably know this already if i know you correct
Old 10-18-2011, 02:17 PM
Tech Regular

I actually ordered these tires, but with a different insert.

I did not know Mustit had them, so I sent them a request for an extra round of premounted tires.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

certainly go with the alloy centre pullies a the kit moulded ones tend to wear quiet fast causing the pin to spin in side the pulley even in stock it wears it hard mod in no time the pin will be spinning
Old 10-18-2011, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dameetz
Anyone here coming from Yoks BD5WR? How does it compare? Recently I ve been thinking of getting this S411. Which one is the latest version and where can I get it the cheapest?

Thanks.
go the serpent its provin its self every where and the car is strong and when you make a change it responds well.
the gear diffs are bullet proof all alloy no moulded composit parts to strip
Old 10-18-2011, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mattwoodcraft
go the serpent its provin its self every where and the car is strong and when you make a change it responds well.
the gear diffs are bullet proof all alloy no moulded composit parts to strip
Yeah I m going to get it soon, is there a new package of the car, I mean I read some of you post about some V2 thing? If there is what parts are new?
Old 10-18-2011, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

withdrawn

Last edited by hacker; 10-19-2011 at 06:47 AM.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dameetz
Yeah I m going to get it soon, is there a new package of the car, I mean I read some of you post about some V2 thing? If there is what parts are new?
chassi 2.25mm i beleive and the plastics are harder and you get a spur gear now which is quiet handy
Old 10-19-2011, 05:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Interested in this car, just a couple of questions if someone in the know wouldn't mind answering?

1. What chassis and top deck does this car come with?
2. What differences does the optional chassis plates make to the car (Ill be running on medium - low grip asphalt tracks)
3. For stock, can the rollout be achieved without any dramas?
4. What spares or option parts are generally needed or is this car good straight out of the box?

I may be able to purchase a kit second hand that is the 2.5mm chassis, it seems to have a top plate on it that doesn't have any holes cut in it, would this kit be too stiff for my above mentioned tracks?

Cheers
Aaron
Old 10-19-2011, 04:13 PM
Tech Addict

Default S411 V1 V2

Originally Posted by zacabrandy
Interested in this car, just a couple of questions if someone in the know wouldn't mind answering?

2. What differences does the optional chassis plates make to the car (Ill be running on medium - low grip asphalt tracks)
4. What spares or option parts are generally needed or is this car good straight out of the box?

I may be able to purchase a kit second hand that is the 2.5mm chassis, it seems to have a top plate on it that doesn't have any holes cut in it, would this kit be too stiff for my above mentioned tracks?

Cheers
Aaron
OK, after all the too and fro on this forum the specs as confirmed from the Australian importers.

V1 kits are the standard kits as supplied from SERPENT, 2.5mm chassis better plastics. new blades and spur supplied as standard.
V2 kits are a special request for the ASIAN market with a 2.25mm chassis as the only major change. All other specs are the same (so far). As we all know SERPENT will apply ongoing quality updates to all their kits. So if you are waiting to get the latest and greatest, you will be waiting a long time. Pick up the kit of your choice and enjoy....
Top decks remain the same from the info i have been supplied.
The 2.25mm chassis gives more grip overall and is a tuning option.
Depending on the track you are planning on driving on more grip could be a benefit or a downfall.
For stock, yes no dramas in attaining the roll out required. Use RW spurs from 64T 48DPI to 87T 48DPI. All available from any good hobby shop including ours.
No real options required unless you wish to experiment! The kit is brilliant out of the box. Tune to track conditions as required.

""Current S411 kits either V1 or V2 have all the same components apart from the 2.25mm chassis. Top deck is the same with tentioner mounting hole, chassis with pinion hole is the same, blades, spur and factory updates on the plastics the same. Currently building a 2.5mm chassis and have 2.25mm kits available with the only notable different being the chassis.""

As for your S/hand car questions. If this is a genuine untouched kit you will not have any problems in tuning for your track.

Cheers
Ren

Last edited by venom54; 10-19-2011 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Additions
Old 10-19-2011, 04:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zacabrandy

Cheers
Aaron
HK & China S411 is 2.25 Chassis ,
is better for rubber tire more flex in the top class.
2mm & 2.25mm was update to v2 , had more hole for motor pinion ,
updated right side battery area cutting & new carbon graphite more linear flex !
upper deck is v2 , had support serpent new belt tensioner .
The Blade , rear upright is V2 ,
& with spur gear .

today was sold out , next shipment next week arrive again !
Old 10-19-2011, 05:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
HK & China S411 is 2.25 Chassis ,
is better for rubber tire more flex in the top class.
2mm & 2.25mm was update to v2 , had more hole for motor pinion ,
updated right side battery area cutting & new carbon graphite more linear flex !
upper deck is v2 , had support serpent new belt tensioner .
The Blade , rear upright is V2 ,
& with spur gear .

today was sold out , next shipment next week arrive again !
So does the kit that you sell come with 2.25 or 2.5 thick chassis?
Old 10-19-2011, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)

RC Market is HK so 2.25.

Rhys
Old 10-19-2011, 07:23 PM
Tech Addict

Default S411 V1 , V2 KITS

Removed duplicate.

Last edited by venom54; 10-19-2011 at 07:33 PM.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:32 PM
Tech Addict

Default S411 V1 , V2 KITS

OK ,

Unpacked and checked the kit contents between the "V1" and "V2" speced S411 kits.

All parts are the same apart from the chassis. There are no other deviations in either of the kits.

Chassis holes are identical between the 2.25 and 2.5 chassis as well as the top deck. All holes including the belt tentioner mounting hole and pinion access holes are the same and included in both chassis.

The blades are the new versions and same plastic. Spur gear included in both kits.

If there are any further updates these will be posted here.

We now support the 2.25 version S411 and the standard 2.5 version.

Cheers

Ren

Last edited by venom54; 10-20-2011 at 02:18 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.