Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Old 10-08-2011, 11:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Damit
And here I was thinking of ordering the 411, having owned previous Serpent cars (1/8 onroad) the quality used to be A1, but issues as mentioned by numerous posts by any other people, will wait and see what the Corally HMX, or the Xray 2012 holds. What a pity Serpent have dropped the ball in this area, so many cars have great handling, design but no quality or support, which is what Serpent had, if Serpent have lost their quality and quality control, well then they have nothing to offer me.
its so dissapointing that 2 or 3 negative things far outweigh the 100's of positives about this car. things also happen behind the scenes away from this forum, and you say that there is no support , then it has nothing to offer you.
as i see your from SA, all you would have to do is ask Antoni what happened in the first hour or so he posted that comment. now im no shop, i am a supported driver, and part of that, is i offer support. Antoni got all the help one could of offered at the time. support is there with the car, the quality is also there, if everyone hangs on every little negative detail, then just maybe it was a good way to give your opinion of a car you do not own, and probably not looking to even buy, just to put your own negative spin on it. every car has its drawbacks, and issues. its not related to just one manufacturer, many have issues, at least running changes are being made, and everyone is aware of the change , thanks to many team drivers coming on here to offer help.
Old 10-09-2011, 12:29 AM
Tech Initiate

I can see Damit's point of view. I was swayed and was going to pass it up. Emailing Ren about the car and reading all the reviews I was sold and will still be getting the car. I guess its like anything, sometimes one bad apple spoils the bag but at the same time its a rare occurence and after all the GREAT reports of the car I've read and after seeing how many bad raps some of the other cars get, the serpent is very much ahead in the terms of peoples pleasure with it, the overall build quality and performance out of the box. I think serpent releasing parts so quickly and upgrading bits and pieces in a few months says they are listening and wanting to make up for what seems to be a previous lack of support although not entirely their fault.
When I have the money i'll be getting one and i've also pre-ordered a S120TL to add to the collection.
Damit i'd bite the bullet buddy and get one, I reckon you'll be fine and see RAB hobbies as Ren is a top bloke and if you had any issues you'd be sorted ASAP.
Old 10-09-2011, 12:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Deepsouth
I can see Damit's point of view. I was swayed and was going to pass it up. Emailing Ren about the car and reading all the reviews I was sold and will still be getting the car. I guess its like anything, sometimes one bad apple spoils the bag but at the same time its a rare occurence and after all the GREAT reports of the car I've read and after seeing how many bad raps some of the other cars get, the serpent is very much ahead in the terms of peoples pleasure with it, the overall build quality and performance out of the box. I think serpent releasing parts so quickly and upgrading bits and pieces in a few months says they are listening and wanting to make up for what seems to be a previous lack of support although not entirely their fault.
When I have the money i'll be getting one and i've also pre-ordered a S120TL to add to the collection.
Damit i'd bite the bullet buddy and get one, I reckon you'll be fine and see RAB hobbies as Ren is a top bloke and if you had any issues you'd be sorted ASAP.
i think the 120TL will be what the car should have been to start with, so great choice. the S411 is still very new on the market, but its performance so far says future improvments will only make the car better. Cheers, Patto.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I couldn't agree more with the praise for this car
As a new owner of a serpent after many years with schumacher and an occasional dabble with Tamiya and xray, the fit and finish of the serpent is fantastic. So much so that a week after building and running the car I ordered a second.
I love the way the car just fell together and was quick out of the box.
I predominately run on carpet so then put Rasmus's Crarpet setup on the car and instantly went quicker on our track then my old Mi4CX - which I'd got going pretty well- by a whole lap! I'm now only a few tenths behind the group of faster racers I'd been chasing for over a year.
Love this car - really smooth, loads of steering and grip, really easy to drive.
Looking forward to the outdoor season next year to see how it goes on asphalt but on carpet its looking good for the winter
Cheers serpent!
Old 10-09-2011, 02:44 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
its so dissapointing that 2 or 3 negative things far outweigh the 100's of positives about this car. things also happen behind the scenes away from this forum, and you say that there is no support , then it has nothing to offer you.
as i see your from SA, all you would have to do is ask Antoni what happened in the first hour or so he posted that comment. now im no shop, i am a supported driver, and part of that, is i offer support. Antoni got all the help one could of offered at the time. support is there with the car, the quality is also there, if everyone hangs on every little negative detail, then just maybe it was a good way to give your opinion of a car you do not own, and probably not looking to even buy, just to put your own negative spin on it. every car has its drawbacks, and issues. its not related to just one manufacturer, many have issues, at least running changes are being made, and everyone is aware of the change , thanks to many team drivers coming on here to offer help.
Its always the case, especially with new cars, that things are not perfect out of the packet. I persoanally have never been happy with any car out of the box as there is always something to do to get it right. I have owned two XRAYs and both required lots of work to get the lower arms to move freely. I don't know if they have fixed this, I don't even care.... A high end chassis will always have something to do to make it into the rocket you paid for... This is how all racing is. I am happy with my S411 as it is without question the fastest chassis I have owned. My steering has slop up and down, but is fine left to right. At a recent event here in sydney I got it home in the last qualifier a whole 6 seconds down from Ronald Volker, a driver who is without question far faster than myself. If this chassis with its supposed huge problems that one or two drama queens are making some noise about can get me that close to one of THE fastest drivers there is, I guess it will do me fine.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

rock on serpent i to love the car its friggen strong, and adapts well to chassi changes. As for help and descussions this is where its at there are loads of people here willing to assist people.

i have seen Pattos s411 at first hand and then lapped and then lapped again is by far the best looking serpent set up i have seen with tonnes of speed.

like most chassis you only get out what you put in.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:01 AM
Tech Adept

Hey guys,

How can I notice that my 411 is revision kit or not? These arms, no identification.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Any tricks on getting the diff to stop leaking? the stock build with the oring does nothing. Coming from a sakura zero S its sort of crappy...
Old 10-10-2011, 02:34 AM
Tech Addict

Default REVISIONS

Originally Posted by xtaiji
Hey guys,

How can I notice that my 411 is revision kit or not? These arms, no identification.
Unless stated by SERPENT with an website notice your won't!

Such as the inclusion of a spur gear in a second kit run ! That was a welcome surprise.

Cheers

Ren
Old 10-10-2011, 02:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by venom54
Unless stated by SERPENT with an website notice your won't!

Such as the inclusion of a spur gear in a second kit run ! That was a welcome surprise.

Cheers

Ren
plastics are different Ren. a good way to tell, is check your blades. if you can indent the plastic with your nail, then V1. if they are hard, then you have V2.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by silvalis
Any tricks on getting the diff to stop leaking? the stock build with the oring does nothing. Coming from a sakura zero S its sort of crappy...
never had one leak. biggest no no to do is have a twisted O ring on the diff case. once on, i run a pick around and around to untwist the o ring, and when i build the diff, i use a little shock slime on the X ring seals.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:42 AM
Tech Addict

Default SEALING

Originally Posted by silvalis
Tried and found to be very good. Associated GREEN SLIME on the out drive seals and gearbox halves.

Worked for all diffs i've assembled. So far so good.

Cheers

Ren
Old 10-10-2011, 03:13 AM
Tech Regular

Hi,

Does anyone know what gear ratios you can actually fit on the car ? Just so I know what spur and pinions I need.

Thanks.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:14 AM
Tech Addict

Default REVISIONS

plastics are different Ren. a good way to tell, is check your blades. if you can indent the plastic with your nail, then V1. if they are hard, then you have V2.
Hi Pattojnr,

Thanks for the update, good info as i don't have a chance to open all boxes. I keep selling out of kits and don't have a chance to see all box internals.
I did notice in through the packaging new blades in a couple of kits sold when packing orders. Then in stock from the importers the kits supplied must currently be the V2 !
I'm about to build one for myself so the information i find will be updated here in the next two days.

Dammm, keeping up with the factory changes is doing my head in !!

Cheers

Ren
Old 10-10-2011, 03:19 AM
Tech Champion

never had one leak. biggest no no to do is have a twisted O ring on the diff case. once on, i run a pick around and around to untwist the o ring, and when i build the diff, i use a little shock slime on the X ring seals.
Originally Posted by venom54
Tried and found to be very good. Associated GREEN SLIME on the out drive seals and gearbox halves.

Worked for all diffs i've assembled. So far so good.

Cheers

Ren
Yeah I also use a grease (just high temp bearing grease) around the o-ring and where the outdrives exit the case. It just seems logical to add some protection. I also spray my rubber seals with motor spray. This makes them expand a little so it improves the seals. As it is the only leak I have had is when you over fill the diff and it leaks through the screws.....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.