Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 04:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mwoods
yeah i am front and back
Ok putting the bracket in will reduce flex which more than anything makes the car easier to drive. Adding more droop will more likely give you understeer so you will just go slower (too much load on outside tyres). If your running kit springs then chances are that is your problem. I would also look at your oil weights. Are you running split weights or the same oil f/r?
Old 08-23-2011, 04:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
Ok putting the bracket in will reduce flex which more than anything makes the car easier to drive. Adding more droop will more likely give you understeer so you will just go slower (too much load on outside tyres). If your running kit springs then chances are that is your problem. I would also look at your oil weights. Are you running split weights or the same oil f/r?
Im running 40wt front 35wt rear (sch oil) xray springs 2.4 and 2.6
The track im racing on is a bit bumpy . Im also using a 2.0 front rear block instead of the 1.0 thats in the kit .

Thanks
Old 08-23-2011, 04:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

hey all , wen running the one peice motor mount is it worth useing the l shape bracket so u can put the screw in the top deck just infront ot the motor? my car is lacking rear grip and is tale happy at the back .

also will it b worth going from 4mm downstop all round to 5 mm all round to get the car more stable ?

thanks
Adding more screws to the top deck is going to give the car less chassis flex - making the rear even stiffer. Some argue that using chassis flex is less effective then trying to set-up the suspension for the conditions, however, utilizing chassis flex in addition to a well-set-up suspension makes the car easier to drive.

In my first testing session, where I was running the car on a medium grip outdoor track (prepared parking lot - with sugar water), the S411 tends to like a little less droop versus some of the other cars I have ran. I've also went up in oil, again making the car very stable in high speed corners. Depending on the track you are racing at, you might want to go harder with the suspension (i.e thicker oil) to calm the back-end down.

What diff fluid are you running?
Old 08-23-2011, 05:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

anybody know wher ethe chassi weights can be purchased from ?

been looking cant find any in stock
Old 08-23-2011, 07:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mattwoodcraft
anybody know wher ethe chassi weights can be purchased from ?

been looking cant find any in stock
later release !
Old 08-23-2011, 07:06 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by duckman996
Adding more screws to the top deck is going to give the car less chassis flex - making the rear even stiffer. Some argue that using chassis flex is less effective then trying to set-up the suspension for the conditions, however, utilizing chassis flex in addition to a well-set-up suspension makes the car easier to drive.

In my first testing session, where I was running the car on a medium grip outdoor track (prepared parking lot - with sugar water), the S411 tends to like a little less droop versus some of the other cars I have ran. I've also went up in oil, again making the car very stable in high speed corners. Depending on the track you are racing at, you might want to go harder with the suspension (i.e thicker oil) to calm the back-end down.

What diff fluid are you running?

Im running 1200 wat i got in the kit .
Old 08-23-2011, 09:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Mwoods is your cars rear-end loose on power or off?
Old 08-23-2011, 09:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBee
Care to share your set-up?
Not quite yet... still have a few issues that I am working through. Will post as soon as I get a decent baseline setup.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jinjiro7
Mwoods is your cars rear-end loose on power or off?
On power ...
Old 08-23-2011, 10:14 AM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=duckman996;9562015]

the S411 tends to like a little less droop versus some of the other cars I have ran. I've also went up in oil, again making the car very stable in high speed corners. Depending on the track you are racing at, you might want to go harder with the suspension (i.e thicker oil) to calm the back-end down.

im running 4mm droop fron and back wud it b worth going to say 5 n 5 or 6 front 5 rear?

cheers
Old 08-23-2011, 12:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Mwoods -> I ran the S411 on 3 different tracks now. Two in Toronto, Asphalt Home Depot Parking lot tracks with sugar water med traction and now tried it in Village Raceway track down in Royal Palm FL. Smooth concrete track with med+ traction.

My car did the same as yours with loose on-power coming out of corners. I tried droop first, but it didn't help much. Best change for me was two things:
1- Extended Rear wheelbase to use 5mm spacers on the front suspension block on the rear.

2-Use heavier springs up front. Use 16 LBS (Serpent Yellow) for med traction asphalt and now 19LBS (Serpent kit Orange) down in Village Raceway.

My droop has also been lowered to the 4mm mark. But that's up to you to fine tune after you sort out the wheel base and springs.

Wheelbase was where I saw the largest change from kit settings. I improved my 1sec lap times on the Toronto tracks just with that alone.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:27 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jinjiro7
Mwoods -> I ran the S411 on 3 different tracks now. Two in Toronto, Asphalt Home Depot Parking lot tracks with sugar water med traction and now tried it in Village Raceway track down in Royal Palm FL. Smooth concrete track with med+ traction.

My car did the same as yours with loose on-power coming out of corners. I tried droop first, but it didn't help much. Best change for me was two things:
1- Extended Rear wheelbase to use 5mm spacers on the front suspension block on the rear. i did that wen i built the car

2-Use heavier springs up front. Use 16 LBS (Serpent Yellow) for med traction asphalt and now 19LBS (Serpent kit Orange) down in Village Raceway. i use xray 2.4 and 2.6 but the weekend b4 i used 2.6 2.8

My droop has also been lowered to the 4mm mark. But that's up to you to fine tune after you sort out the wheel base and springs.

Wheelbase was where I saw the largest change from kit settings. I improved my 1sec lap times on the Toronto tracks just with that alone.
one thing i think it mite be is the rear droop screws dont hit the chassis wen its on the ground , wat over all lenth u building ur shocks at

thanks
Old 08-23-2011, 06:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OVA
Sorry JB
I can't find the shock oil conveter chart for all brands...I'll keep looking

Attachment 799101

Last edited by kobiwan; 04-08-2015 at 11:07 AM.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:00 PM
Tech Regular

On power ...
I had the same issue and lowered the rear roll center from 1m to .5 m and no issue after that
Old 08-23-2011, 11:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

On power ...
If you are running a kit diff then try 3000cst in your diff. When you change to 4 bevel gears the diff works a lot better on power so with 4 bevels I us 500cst oil and it is better again everywhere on the track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.