Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Old 05-24-2011, 08:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by corallyman
...Personally I feel that you can do nothing and it will still work fine, I am going to try this before taping anything to my lipos that are flat bottomed SpeedZone packs.
I honestly do not think the batteries will keep from shifting side to side from just the adhesion of tape on the top of the battery. Something got to physically hold it in place.

Originally Posted by Velocitygt
By adressing the flat bottom LiPo issue do you mean there are no stoppers?
Yes

Originally Posted by TryHard
...I've never liked the "hooks", look ugly, and there is much better solutions out there.
The hooks are un-noticeable when there is a battery in place.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
I honestly do not think the batteries will keep from shifting side to side from just the adhesion of tape on the top of the battery. Something got to physically hold it in place.

You think wrong.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Did you not read my post earlier. Cut yourself some lexan squares, ever so slightly smaller than the cutouts in the chassis. Line up the lipo where you want it to be and mount them to the bottom of the lipo. It works, trust me as I have done it, problem solved.

Also if you look at the chassis carefully there are four slotted cutouts for tape. Two at the ends of the lipo, like normal. Then there are two that could hold the lipo from the middle of the chassis out to the edge.

Or, if you like neither of those, get out your handy, dandy dremel and use some other cars mounts. You might have to drill a hole or two and then countersink them.

I myself will be leaving my chassis alone and doing nothing more than the lexan guides but only if it has to be done, which I don't believe is necessary.

Steve
Old 05-25-2011, 02:44 AM
Tech Adept

anyone knows the price yet ?
Old 05-25-2011, 03:41 AM
Tech Regular

Default Battery

From the downloaded manual it shows battery front to back stops also this can be seen in pictures around the place
Old 05-25-2011, 03:47 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zoomster
From the downloaded manual it shows battery front to back stops also this can be seen in pictures around the place
Its the side to side that is in question. Not front to back. Although I dont see an issue with slots already in chassis for either tape or battery notches.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:03 AM
Tech Regular

All the lipo that have gone up in smoke at the club have been caused by the lipo moving forward in a impact but not from side to side I agree it should not be a problem with tape most on the new cars coming out using tape.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:54 AM
Tech Champion

Did you not read my post earlier. Cut yourself some lexan squares, ever so slightly smaller than the cutouts in the chassis. Line up the lipo where you want it to be and mount them to the bottom of the lipo. It works, trust me as I have done it, problem solved.

Also if you look at the chassis carefully there are four slotted cutouts for tape. Two at the ends of the lipo, like normal. Then there are two that could hold the lipo from the middle of the chassis out to the edge.

Or, if you like neither of those, get out your handy, dandy dremel and use some other cars mounts. You might have to drill a hole or two and then countersink them.

I myself will be leaving my chassis alone and doing nothing more than the lexan guides but only if it has to be done, which I don't believe is necessary.

Steve
I did read your post and the other about double taping or glueing lexan or carbon pieces to the battery. However, you commented that you don't think it will be necessary and that just taping the battery straight into the chassis lengthwise will suffice which I have doubts on. Anyways, using the notches to tape the battery crosswise as you suggested will work for me in that regards.

Originally Posted by Jamison R
Its the side to side that is in question. Not front to back. Although I dont see an issue with slots already in chassis for either tape or battery notches.
I didn't think about using the battery notches to run tape in the crosswise direction. With that in mind, I suppose it is secure that way.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:59 AM
Tech Addict

However, you commented that you don't think it will be necessary and that just taping the battery straight into the chassis lengthwise will suffice which I have doubts on.
Lots of other cars use this method without any issue, what makes you think this will be a problem ?
Old 05-25-2011, 09:11 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by chris_dono
Lots of other cars use this method without any issue, what makes you think this will be a problem ?
Why leave that issue to chance?

Other cars like the TC6, XRay and even the Exotek chassis have the "hooks" on their design. They acknowledge that it is an issue that needs to be covered.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rendcool
anyone knows the price yet ?
http://rcmarket.com.hk/product_info....dgpkv8005m9474
Old 05-25-2011, 12:53 PM
Tech Addict

Why leave that issue to chance?

Other cars like the TC6, XRay and even the Exotek chassis have the "hooks" on their design. They acknowledge that it is an issue that needs to be covered.
It's simply not an issue, hooks or no hooks. I've run a bunch of cars over the last few years all with lipo, some with and some without hooks, I've had a battery leave the car once because of a huge crash where the speedo also came out and that was secured with double sided tape.

I'm not saying hooks aren't worthwhile, just that there's no problem running the battery simply taped in regardless of the car.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:46 PM
Tech Champion

Back on the subject of this thread.

Are there inserts inside the endcaps that allow for different toe adjustments in the rear? Or do you have to buy different endcap options to tune the suspension?
Old 05-25-2011, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Back on the subject of this thread.

Are there inserts inside the endcaps that allow for different toe adjustments in the rear? Or do you have to buy different endcap options to tune the suspension?
Different endcaps are available for purchase. Just like they did with the S400.

The manual explains alot. Near the end of it are exploaded views of the car and also a standard parts listing and a optional parts listing.

Steve
Old 05-25-2011, 03:47 PM
Tech Champion

Different endcaps are available for purchase. Just like they did with the S400.

The manual explains alot. Near the end of it are exploaded views of the car and also a standard parts listing and a optional parts listing.

Steve
Okay, I read the manual. Am I correct to understand that the "0" suspension bracket at the front of the rear arms in conjunction with the "3" suspension bracket at the rear of the rear arms translate to a rear toe of 3deg?

Also in the front with the "2" in the front and the "1" in the back. How does having the suspension arm pins pointed out affect handling?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.