Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Old 02-11-2014, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Robbob
I got mine from Desoto a bit back and only the motor side was in it.
http://www.serpentamerica.com/shop/p...1&cat=0&page=1

Even Serpents site shows it alone
http://www.serpent.com/product/401451

You know somewhere showing the pair?

Both of those pictures show the leg bolted to the motor mount already.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Both of those pictures show the leg bolted to the motor mount already.
Ohhhhhh I read the posts wrong before then. I thought he was looking for the other layshaft side that was the same height and you ment they came as a pair. OOps.

I think hes looking for the layshaft side that matches the height of the new V3 mount ? ..... not the little leg.
Old 02-11-2014, 02:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Robbob
Ohhhhhh I read the posts wrong before then. I thought he was looking for the other layshaft side that was the same height and you ment they came as a pair. OOps.

I think hes looking for the layshaft side that matches the height of the new V3 mount ? ..... not the little leg.
That could be too. In that case the part number for the middleshaft bracket is 401398.
Old 02-12-2014, 03:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dan_vector
I'll be seeing you at TITC as well. Did you not find the Serpent hard arms hard enough?? They seem pretty hard to me and I've been running them a while now.
I have to admit I haven't tried the ARC arms yet as I'm going off the advice of my track's Serpent guy. He has tried the Serpent arms, then moved to Tamiya, then to ARC.

Glad you guys pointed out my stupidity. Better to stick with Serpent arms and have a baseline to compare with the rest of the Eryx folks.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:31 AM
Tech Adept

I have a dummy question, but I need to know....
_Talking about final drive ratio... does it matter how you get to a specific ratio, for example:

assume 48p
26 pinion 72 spur the FDR will be 5.54
similar will be:
30 pinion 83 spur the FDR will be 5.53

does it matter the size of the pinion or the spur or just the FDR ?
Old 02-12-2014, 08:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Byronf1
I have a dummy question, but I need to know....
_Talking about final drive ratio... does it matter how you get to a specific ratio, for example:

assume 48p
26 pinion 72 spur the FDR will be 5.54
similar will be:
30 pinion 83 spur the FDR will be 5.53

does it matter the size of the pinion or the spur or just the FDR ?
No it doesn't matter. Stick to the confines of this table and you'll be fine

http://www.serpent.com/file.php?FileID=5257
Old 02-14-2014, 09:41 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Hi and welcome to Serpent.

Not sure if I totally understand you question, but, the spacers on the hinge pins are for wheelbase adjustments. You can also adjust your lower roll center by using either the 0.5mm or the 1mm shims.

Some of the things you can also consider on the TE would be to run the V2 motor mount leg and use the 2.0mm super flex top deck. Also either shim your top deck up by 1mm using spacers, or cut your idler shaft uprights down 1mm if you have the old ones, so they don't touch the top deck and then do not use the screws in the idler uprights (8 screws in the top deck instead of 10).

Other things to consider are going to the floating steering servo mount, and going to the V2 composite gear diff. All are upgrades that will bolt onto your existing car with no problems.
Finally, I almost change the motor mount, floating servo and I am waiting for the top flex, is on back order, but with that changes and the 1mm spacer and 8 screws, wow! what a change. thanks.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:30 AM
Tech Regular

I've got the TE as well. Is there a reason to go with the V2 motor mount vs the V3? What did the floating server mount do for you?
Old 02-14-2014, 12:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by D.a.v.e
I've got the TE as well. Is there a reason to go with the V2 motor mount vs the V3? What did the floating server mount do for you?
I took the V2, because I did not see the other part that comes with the V2, to put the mount in flex mod, described on Eryx manual, I did not try each separate part, but the two it gives little more flex... and to take out the servo is more easy, with the floating servo... the track where I run, is very low traction, so I need more flex... I run yesterday with this mods... and I can tell you it was a big difference.. so I want more steering now...
Old 02-14-2014, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by D.a.v.e
The only difference between the V2 and the V3 motor mount is the V3 has elongated holes in the lower half of the mount so that you can use a motor screw there instead of having to go thru the spur gear. Its a nice option, but if you have had no issues accessing the back motor screw then its not really necessary. Also with the V3 mount, because the motor mount screw is lower the V1 middle support leg has to be cut as it covers part of where the screw is. This will still allow you to tie the chassis to the upper deck if required but you won't have the 2nd bottom lower screw option anymore. Not many people use this anyhow, and get pretty much the same "feel" out of the car by going to the 2 screws in the idler gear uprights.

The floating servo mount really cleans up the car, and helps with flex, as it moves the mount points in towards the middle of the car, and also gets the servo off the chassis. As mentioned, the entire assembly can be removed by dropping the screws to the steering hubs and taking out the two screws through the chassis. This is nice should you need to tighten the rack or replace the servo arm, etc. Also by design, this mount has virtually no flex up or down as the servo rotates.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:03 PM
Tech Addict

Any magic vudouh for the Eryx? I have the car planted more or less curious as to what others are doing. I have the stiff chassis and top deck with the stiffer motor mount. Figured go stiff in high traction and well its carpet season here.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

where is best place to get parts it seems amian and stormer parts out of stock?
Old 02-15-2014, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by buckeye dan
where is best place to get parts it seems amian and stormer parts out of stock?
I get 95% of my stuff from amain and they've usually got good stock levels. Sometimes I'll use RC-Mushroom if amain is out of stock if I'm desperate and can't wait.
Old 02-16-2014, 02:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by dan_vector
I get 95% of my stuff from amain and they've usually got good stock levels. Sometimes I'll use RC-Mushroom if amain is out of stock if I'm desperate and can't wait.
Try find the parts on Absolute Hobbyz or on Rcmarket
Old 02-16-2014, 06:31 AM
Tech Regular

I buy from Amain or serpentusa when they have a sale or free shipping.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.