Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 11:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TryHard
On another random point. I actually suggested to Chris Kerswell (uk serpent driver) to give the one piece rear block a try at the brca may this past weekend... He and the rest of the team ended up running it for the rest of the weekend Confirmed my finding that it does give more steering, but without making the rear too loose.
Yes I saw some good feedback about the RF one piece mount and it's definitely on my list to try when the traction on our tracks will increase. Especially it will come in handy at the ETS race in Austria next month where the traction was super high last year.

Did you make any comparison between (one piece mount – no stiffening screws at the top plate) and (split blocks – screws in the top plate at the lay shaft)? Maybe both one piece mount and screws in!?

Regards, Lojz
Old 05-09-2013, 07:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

After last weeks test run with my ERYX I rebuild the car and went through some spring options in combination with the new ETS Ride REX 34 tires.

Now as it seems the Yok Pink/Blue is a no go in the front since I can't get under 6mm ride hight and Ride springs under 5.5mm. This makes sense since the yoks are 25,5mm and ride 25mm! In the rear there is no problem to achieve the desired ride hight!

Now the only option I have are the Xray T4 (20mm) springs and the original Serpent springs (23mm) or has someone another suggestion?

Thanks for any advice, Lojz
Old 05-09-2013, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Geberit
After last weeks test run with my ERYX I rebuild the car and went through some spring options in combination with the new ETS Ride REX 34 tires.

Now as it seems the Yok Pink/Blue is a no go in the front since I can't get under 6mm ride hight and Ride springs under 5.5mm. This makes sense since the yoks are 25,5mm and ride 25mm! In the rear there is no problem to achieve the desired ride hight!

Now the only option I have are the Xray T4 (20mm) springs and the original Serpent springs (23mm) or has someone another suggestion?

The Tamiya mini springs might work.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
Motor mount - Still running the one-piece with L-bracket, without any rear screws in the top (option 2 in the Eryx manual). However something I wanted to try for a while was something I had spotted on the Yokomo and Tamiya Raceberry cars.. and that was using a set screw, rather than a normal countersunk screw in the bottom. Now, I only use the front screw when running that mount anyway, so just locktited a 8mm setscrew in place of that. Did the change mid run, so got a good feel for it. It actually helped to tighten the rear of the car up a little, but not as much as say switching to the option 2 mount style. So I think that it's a good compromise between the option 1 and option 2, and a handy tweak to bare in mind. Will be staying like this for the time being I think
Had a chance to try this on carpet Well worth trying.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

RSD T4 springs might be worth a look.

-Mike
Old 05-09-2013, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

in case anyone is looking for one.http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...yx-2-0-tc.html
Old 05-09-2013, 05:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Really surprised you can't get lower front ride-height than that with those springs. I have some REX's on the way, so will let you know when they turn up.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'm running Pink and Blue Yok on my ERYX, ran them at Nationals all weekend and had no problem getting down to 5.1 or 5.2mm..... Did nothing special, the spring adjusters are nearly all the way up, but it works fine
Old 05-09-2013, 07:57 PM
Tech Regular

Rex tyres are smaller then the normal rides should be easy to get ride height , I found an issue with ride height using pink/blue yok with standard ride 32. I machined the front spring collars to get a little lower for this aoc event using ride 32's.

Last edited by elche_83; 05-10-2013 at 12:51 AM. Reason: wasnt thinking
Old 05-09-2013, 09:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I also don't have a probleme with riding height and yoko and ride springs using the ride rex34 tyres on my 2 cars. But a other driver at or club had the same probleme. He solved it but don't know how, will ask. Are yous shock caps drilled with a 1mm hole?
Old 05-09-2013, 10:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by whityboy
I also don't have a probleme with riding height and yoko and ride springs using the ride rex34 tyres on my 2 cars. But a other driver at or club had the same probleme. He solved it but don't know how, will ask. Are yous shock caps drilled with a 1mm hole?
Interesting

Yes I drilled the shock caps.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

just checked with yoko pink and can go as low to 4.4 in front on my son's car (updated TE with the hard arms of the TE) my eryx i can go to 4.8 with the REX 34 tyres.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by whityboy
just checked with yoko pink and can go as low to 4.4 in front on my son's car (updated TE with the hard arms of the TE) my eryx i can go to 4.8 with the REX 34 tyres.
Really now I'm even more confused.

The length of my shocks is as per manual, downstops 6/5 so where comes the difference from? Is it maybe the thickness of the collars?
Old 05-11-2013, 04:46 AM
Tech Regular

anyone know where i can get a couple of sets of .5/1.5 split blocks cheers
Old 05-11-2013, 04:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Had a chance to try this on carpet Well worth trying.
Glad that worked out well for you. What did you think it did to the car?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.