Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 08:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If I was interested in this car coming from an S400 what should I expect to be differrent? Specifically how will it handle compared to the old ride?
Old 03-15-2012, 08:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BAD007SUZUKI
go on their website and look at the picture of the chassis with the battery. it looks like rubber o-rings under the button head screws on the steering arms. i understand that it may not be. but it might be a good idea for those with steering slop.
Its just a simple shock o-ring. Wouldn't it bind on the bearing if you tighten the screw too much? I would prefer to use small shims on the inner race of the bearings instead if need be but I think the Exoteck CF steering brace will most likely take care of any steering slop.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Guys Just one question please , what is the recommended Final Drive Ratio for 10.5 and 13T with 5000mah Lipo Batteries ?

Thanks !
Cheers
Old 03-15-2012, 12:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

It will be a great upgrade for you. The car steers a bunch more.. at least out of the box.

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
If I was interested in this car coming from an S400 what should I expect to be differrent? Specifically how will it handle compared to the old ride?
Old 03-15-2012, 01:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimPotter
It will be a great upgrade for you. The car steers a bunch more.. at least out of the box.
Thanks Tim. I would be happy with the S400 if I had parts for it. All I do is VTA and now Im interested in USGT. I still like nice stuff so I may pick up the 411 even if its overkill for what I plan to do.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

You will love the car... get the team kit.. and the additional spring/sway bars.. and you will be set. My S400 suited my driving style, I hated to see the part situation happen. But from what I understand.. these parts are sourced from the same place they get the parts for the other cars... so we should not have that problem again.

The aluminum is much better the the 400's It really will be an upgrade for you. Bummer though, the toe blocks will not work from the old car.

I really do not have the time I would like to spend on the car, but we have bunch of people here that are running, great support.. great car.

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
Thanks Tim. I would be happy with the S400 if I had parts for it. All I do is VTA and now Im interested in USGT. I still like nice stuff so I may pick up the 411 even if its overkill for what I plan to do.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:16 PM
Tech Adept

Hi guys. I just Got an email back from smokem, they are Working on a chassis and they expect a release in about 2 months. I hoped it Would have been earlier :-(
Old 03-15-2012, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Adrean
Guys Just one question please , what is the recommended Final Drive Ratio for 10.5 and 13T with 5000mah Lipo Batteries ?

Thanks !
Cheers
We'll need a little more info...

i) Track size (length of straight).
ii) Boosted or Blinky Speed controller setting

13T as in 13.5 turn brushless?
Old 03-15-2012, 03:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Hi Martin, just to confirm.......on your setup is that serpent white springs? or some other make?

Thanks
Hi - I'm Martin... just not Martin Crisp. LOL.

Since I was pitting across from him at the Canadian Nats I can help out with this question.

At the Canadian Nationals Martin was using Serpent white springs on his car. I know that he has been trying different springs however, the serpent springs seem to yield better lap times on the tracks that we race at.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by duckman996
Hi - I'm Martin... just not Martin Crisp. LOL.

Since I was pitting across from him at the Canadian Nats I can help out with this question.

At the Canadian Nationals Martin was using Serpent white springs on his car. I know that he has been trying different springs however, the serpent springs seem to yield better lap times on the tracks that we race at.
Thanks. A couple other questions about that setup that the sheet doesn't show........what where you (either Martin, lol) running for ackerman, which steering rack, if V2 rack, where the arms flipped or normal, V1 or V2 motor mount.

Its a shame that we have so many options for the car, but the setup sheet doesn't allow for some, guess its time for a V2 of those as well.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Thanks. A couple other questions about that setup that the sheet doesn't show........what where you (either Martin, lol) running for ackerman, which steering rack, if V2 rack, where the arms flipped or normal, V1 or V2 motor mount.

Its a shame that we have so many options for the car, but the setup sheet doesn't allow for some, guess its time for a V2 of those as well.
LOL - with the different arms, steering, motor mounts etc, no wonder this car is becoming so popular.

Since I run pretty much the same set-up as MC I can help you out.

V1 motor mount
V2 rack with the arms flipped. MC actually pointed out that by flipping the arms it makes it much easier to change the ackerman since you you only have to take the front bumper off and use a longer 2mm driver.

I believe that MC was running 1mm total shims on the ackerman behind the ball-studs- personally I ran .5mm on my car to reduce the steering a slight bit since it suited my driving style a little more.

Being able to borrow set-ups from Martin Crisp always makes tuning a lot easier. Glad that he's running the Serpent chassis - considering he wrote the book on set-ups, LOL.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Martin P (duckman) from answering those questions. just to confirm...just I was running the white serpent springs front and rear....and yes I was running the v2 steering with 1mm of spacers on the ball studs and also with the steering arms flipped over.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by duckman996
We'll need a little more info...

i) Track size (length of straight).
ii) Boosted or Blinky Speed controller setting

13T as in 13.5 turn brushless?
Thanks its a 60 meters straight , its a 1/10 NITRO TRACK , usually i run 10.5 Tekin RS PRO SENSORED ESC , and the 13T ITS A controled motor in a parking lot with no more than 30 meters straight its stock esc . We run 12 MINUTES with 5000 MHA LIPO

Thanks !!!!
Old 03-16-2012, 02:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

SERPENT released Alum. C-Hub
Attached Thumbnails Serpent S411-ser-401424.jpg   Serpent S411-ser-401425.jpg  
Old 03-16-2012, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Adrean
Thanks its a 60 meters straight , its a 1/10 NITRO TRACK , usually i run 10.5 Tekin RS PRO SENSORED ESC , and the 13T ITS A controled motor in a parking lot with no more than 30 meters straight its stock esc . We run 12 MINUTES with 5000 MHA LIPO

Thanks !!!!
I'm going to guess somewhere around 5.1 to 5.7 to start and watch the motor temps for every 3 minutes till you get a handle on where the optimum fdr is. Biggest thing is don't get fooled with a fdr number, but watch the car on the straight, is it topping out too soon, or carrying speed too far into the corner.....does it need more punch, or more top end....and still is it staying at a safe operating temp.

***All this is if you're talking about a brushless setup. Other wise the fdr may be off but the theory should still apply.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.