Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Old 12-27-2011, 10:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J.Whiting
they work for me!! nice tracks you have over there...

martin.. with the diff mod we talked about.. 1000 worked very good for me in 17.5 testing and got butter smooth also.. jeremy
Says I have the wrong flash installed yet it runs other tube videos... Do you have the http link info?
Old 12-27-2011, 11:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
They won't work. The Xray rod ends are smaller dia. so the shock spring cups don't fit the Serpent shock bottoms.
I believe this is true, but if willing you can install the xray bottom shock pieces to your serpent shafts. The ball is 5.8mm for both serpent and xray, so you would use xray lower shock pieces and xray perches and your serpent balls. Should work fine at that point.

For me, I am sticking with pure Serpent parts. The LE is plenty of Orange and I like the black contrast. Also (I think) there is a big difference in shading. The Serpent orange is a more dark vibrant color, and I always thought the xray orange is kinda goldish tint orange, looks good but just too different, imo

Steve
Old 12-27-2011, 11:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

A little disappointed with the first updates to my S411's. The delrin driveshaft adaptors weren't great, not very durable for carpet with CRC clicktrack boards. I tagged a couple of corners just right, broke 2 then switched back to steel. The 2.25 chassis seemed to numb the car a lot, for me. Yes, it was very easy to drive but, lost that direct feel and the ability to push the car that was there with the 2.5 chassis. Obviously I need to make some other changes to the setup to make this configuration work. Grip was low tonight with a new, very technical track layout. I won't change too much until the grip comes up.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:06 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by pcar951
A little disappointed with the first updates to my S411's. The delrin driveshaft adaptors weren't great, not very durable for carpet with CRC clicktrack boards. I tagged a couple of corners just right, broke 2 then switched back to steel. The 2.25 chassis seemed to numb the car a lot, for me. Yes, it was very easy to drive but, lost that direct feel and the ability to push the car that was there with the 2.5 chassis. Obviously I need to make some other changes to the setup to make this configuration work. Grip was low tonight with a new, very technical track layout. I won't change too much until the grip comes up.
+1 about delrin adaptors. It is too weak seriously. I think it's design wrong completely. :-(
Old 12-28-2011, 02:47 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xtaiji
+1 about delrin adaptors. It is too weak seriously. I think it's design wrong completely. :-(
I have broke 2 so far within these 2 months races.

But kind of addict to it, really less chatting and dogbone pins wearing good, give smooth braking and high speed sweeper on each run.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Hello guys , first of all , thankx for this usefull tread.
But i have a question about the different C-hubs for the 411.
In the time of the S400 kit , it was possible to use different degrees of c-hubs.
0° , 2° , 4° , 6° , i cant find any of these anymore in the partlist.
4° is the standard that comes with the kit , but the other ones ?
A friend of me is team driver for the Nederlands , he is gonna ask on Ronald Baar , but maybe somebody on this forum can tell me ?

grtz Kevin
Old 12-28-2011, 06:19 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Kevin E.
Hello guys , first of all , thankx for this usefull tread.
But i have a question about the different C-hubs for the 411.
In the time of the S400 kit , it was possible to use different degrees of c-hubs.
0° , 2° , 4° , 6° , i cant find any of these anymore in the partlist.
4° is the standard that comes with the kit , but the other ones ?
A friend of me is team driver for the Nederlands , he is gonna ask on Ronald Baar , but maybe somebody on this forum can tell me ?

grtz Kevin
Wanna this?

http://serpent.com/product/400005/optionals/

Serpent have 2 and 6 degree not plastic but only alu.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Wanna this?

http://serpent.com/product/400005/optionals/

Serpent have 2 and 6 degree not plastic but only alu.
According to RCMarket, not everything on that optional list is actually available. For example the alum steering blocks are listed, but not avail. I think it's the same with the 6 deg blocks as well
Old 12-28-2011, 09:00 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Akhor
According to RCMarket, not everything on that optional list is actually available. For example the alum steering blocks are listed, but not avail. I think it's the same with the 6 deg blocks as well
Yes i have seen these c-hubs , but dont like alu , but thankx anyway.
And like Akhor says , not every part is available.
Maybe in the near future they will release it in plastic.
In the case that they dont , we have to use alu c-hubs.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Akhor
we had pre-order , but Serpent not have release !
Old 12-28-2011, 12:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

I'm sorry but expecting a delrin part to hold up to the torque reversals that the outdrive goes thru is impossible. Even the Xray delrin ones break and they offer aluminum outdrives to stop the breakages, you however have to replace blades all the time. So there is no perfect answer.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I currently own a TC6.1 and decided to try a S411 after I found a like new used one for sale here on RCTech. Anyone else in the PNW running this car? I'm looking forward to running this car and comparing it to the 6.1.

Jim
Old 12-28-2011, 02:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
was the tool set included with the LE kit supposed to be engraved with the car # on it? Everything I read said they were supposed to be, but mine aren't. Not really a big deal but if they were advertised as being engraved then I would of liked them to be.
Hello Guys, I am new here and I am from the Netherlands..
I have the LE kit nummer 107.....and my tools are not engraved.

I have a question...how many rebound do you have on your shocks?
On my other car (Associated TC6) I drive with 0 - 5% rebound.

Greetz Marc
Old 12-28-2011, 02:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Gentlemen, I need some help to get this rear end locked in. Posted below is my current setup. I have the 1.2 sway bar, 3.5 degree rr block, and ball diff on order as well. I race 10.5 asphault with tekin esc and murfdogg motor/battery combo. Tires tried included CS-27, Solaris spec medium and hard, Jaco Blues, and Much More absolute 28's. Track temp was apprx 70-75 degrees. I have the s411 L.E.

here is my set up:

Front Rear
Camber 1.0 1.5
sway bars 1.4 1.4
ride height 5.0 5.5
A arms centered A arms spaced all the way to the rear
spool Gear diff with 25, 40 , 60, weight shock oil and 1200 it was the best with 40 wt.
4.0 caster blocks
using downstop gage like on set up sheet
5.5 6.0
shocks
front
orange serpent spring 3 holes open 500 cst oil, position upper 4, lower 2
rear white tamiya spring 3 holes open 500 cst oil position upper 3, lower 2
front link in standard locations with inner link 4.0mm spacer
rear link is shortest possible inner spacer 3.0mm outer 4.0mm spacer
Protoform LTC-r body

it is loose mid corner all the way through exit and has a push on power. Any ideas will be appreciated. Thank you very much.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:11 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by todb
Gentlemen, I need some help to get this rear end locked in. Posted below is my current setup. I have the 1.2 sway bar, 3.5 degree rr block, and ball diff on order as well. I race 10.5 asphault with tekin esc and murfdogg motor/battery combo. Tires tried included CS-27, Solaris spec medium and hard, Jaco Blues, and Much More absolute 28's. Track temp was apprx 70-75 degrees. I have the s411 L.E.

here is my set up:

Front Rear
Camber 1.0 1.5
sway bars 1.4 1.4
ride height 5.0 5.5
A arms centered A arms spaced all the way to the rear
spool Gear diff with 25, 40 , 60, weight shock oil and 1200 it was the best with 40 wt.
4.0 caster blocks
using downstop gage like on set up sheet
5.5 6.0
shocks
front
orange serpent spring 3 holes open 500 cst oil, position upper 4, lower 2
rear white tamiya spring 3 holes open 500 cst oil position upper 3, lower 2
front link in standard locations with inner link 4.0mm spacer
rear link is shortest possible inner spacer 3.0mm outer 4.0mm spacer
Protoform LTC-r body

it is loose mid corner all the way through exit and has a push on power. Any ideas will be appreciated. Thank you very much.
try speed 6 bodie with regular wing (no lightweight wing), shock oil in front 500 and in rear 450, droop in front 6 and in rear 5mm and springs hpi silver all around, lower shock positions stock and upper position in front the 3. from inner side and in the rear the 5. from inner side. camber links should be stock, too - longer link in rear let the car roll a bit more. gear diff try 2000, if your car lost traction on power try then 500...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.