Search
Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OVA
well you have to understand that S411 just came out on the market and it isn't enough time to figure out the car and getting all the bug out... come on give the serpent team more time ...
Scott seems to have found success first time out so you would think that people would stand behind their product and at least get someone to come show off the new car. I guess Jackson will continue to be Top, Xray and Associated country for now.

Fyi. I think the car looks real good in pictures.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by seaball
first, they'd have to have drivers that race this class on their team. far as i know the whole u.s. crew is down with the off-road and 1/8th scale nitro at the moment. i suspect, the push for the updated car was coming from overseas where the ets series still makes tc a valuable market for them.
They should put some B team sponsorships out there and they could get the word out a little more. I know Serpent is alive and well in the north east with the nitro stuff.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)
Default Setup Information.

Just curious does the kit come with a setup book similar to the one that comes with XRAY kits?
Old 07-08-2011, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jerry P
They should put some B team sponsorships out there and they could get the word out a little more. I know Serpent is alive and well in the north east with the nitro stuff.
i don't disagree, necessarily. trouble is, as i've seen in years past, all these b-team guys (and many factory guys too) don't really sell cars. you have to sell a lot of cars to make up for your free (or discounted) parts and guys just don't do it. imo - if people want this car, they will buy it. if not, they won't. johnny average won't likely convince anyone to do so, especially if there's no real value added by having him around at the local club. just one of those things that's sort of proven itself out over the last some years, i think.

i happen to be good friends with ciccarello, and i can't get him the least bit motivated to run ep-tc this winter. then again, i don't have much of an argument when i tell him it will probably only be him, our buddy mike, and myself doing so, locally. what can you do? if the money/excitement is not there, it's fairly inwise to invest. i understand that, but i don't have to like it, right?

all said, the car looks incredible. at $429 it's a steal, relative to other cars out there. love the gunmetal, and serpent machining is second to none. and like i said, i would nearly bet that any weak parts in the suspension could be swapped with the usual suspects (hpi/tamiya/xray ... etc) until one is satified with the durability. just the way it is right now...
Old 07-08-2011, 12:35 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TJames987
Just curious does the kit come with a setup book similar to the one that comes with XRAY kits?
no..but that would be cool
Old 07-08-2011, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

The S400 had one, and I bet it could still be downloaded somewhere. In all reality though, it's not really needed. The Xray one covers what is needed to know and the XX Main book is good too. Most everything transfers over to any other car.

Steve
Old 07-08-2011, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I just ordered mine and I plan on running it at the on road nats in jackson NJ. . So will there be parts in the US by then.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gearhead_22
I just ordered mine and I plan on running it at the on road nats in jackson NJ. . So will there be parts in the US by then.
Great!!

Yes we think the the parts should be here sometime next week. I know Amain and Stormer both have parts orders in.

If anyone is interested you can email a resume to [email protected] to inquire about sponsorships. We do need some good guys to represent the car as we don't have an electric on road team except for myself and Scott but we race so many other different types of cars it's hard to focus on another and work our regular job at the same time, Oh, and family stuff etc LOL! So if you think you can be a valuable addition to Serpent let me know.

I do plan on being at Vegas, mainly to run 12th with the possibility of running TC or at least be there to help you guys out if you need it.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:21 PM
Tech Regular

Sorry TJames not at this time...
Old 07-09-2011, 09:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jerry P
Scott seems to have found success first time out so you would think that people would stand behind their product and at least get someone to come show off the new car. I guess Jackson will continue to be Top, Xray and Associated country for now.

Fyi. I think the car looks real good in pictures.
I say buy one, finish higher in the mains then you ever have, and all your locals will run out and get one too.
Old 07-10-2011, 02:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Anyone figure out how to put a servo saver on yet? If so please let me know. Thanks
Old 07-10-2011, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kobiwan
Anyone figure out how to put a servo saver on yet? If so please let me know. Thanks
What type of servo saver are you trying to put on?

One solution for you is to mount the servo graphite brace onto the chassis like normal. Then use servo tape (in several layers) under the servo to raise it to the needed height for the servo saver to clear. Once you do that, put some shims under the servo posts before you mount them onto the graphite servo mount. That should create the needed clearance.

Or, maybe dremel some of the material away from the servo brace mount, near the servo output gear.

I am running outdoor right now so I am running without one, once I go indoors on carpet on the tighter track then I might put one on.

Steve
Old 07-10-2011, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by skypilot
I say buy one, finish higher in the mains then you ever have, and all your locals will run out and get one too.
Lol my top cars already have me in the top of the 17.5 amain which is our tightest class so I don't expect to see much improvement if the nats weren't so close I would have picked one up just to test it out. We'll see one eventually. Maybe I'll see some of the fast serpent drivers in Vegas.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:36 PM
Tech Elite

So, who all ran their cars this weekend? I ran mine for the first time and it was really really good for a first time. Anyone else?

Steve
Old 07-12-2011, 12:41 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Ran mine Sunday. Felt very easy to drive compared to my last car. Box set up all day until mains and I tried white springs on the rear shocks. Car was better. Just wish I had the results to brag about. Wasnt my day. Great car, so so driver.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.