Search
Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 10:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Custom serpent body!!!!

Hey guys I'm selling a custom serpent body. Holes drilled and it's cut out perfectly for the s411. It's a ltc-r regular weight with and I just recieved it yesterday. The pic is of it on my car just dropped right on. I'm not running the ltc-r anymore that's my reason for getting rid of it. Asking 45 shipped

This is BRAND NEW never run!!!!
Old 11-08-2012, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
See the red.
I'm sure Danny won't mind if I take a dremel to his Xray parts...

What kind of differences are there in car handling when you go with a softer top deck? Do you compensate with stiffer suspension or anything else?

I know that we use the harder plastics as they feel more precise (even though they break easier), so would the same not be true on the top deck? Just curious.

Thanks as always!
Old 11-08-2012, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 98tahoeboy
Hey guys I'm selling a custom serpent body. Holes drilled and it's cut out perfectly for the s411. It's a ltc-r regular weight with and I just recieved it yesterday. The pic is of it on my car just dropped right on. I'm not running the ltc-r anymore that's my reason for getting rid of it. Asking 45 shipped
I'll give you the $29.01 + $12 shipping you paid for it on ebay last week. I do run the body, and just happened to miss the auction. Add a couple bucks if you threw away the box and need another.

Let me know.

Grant
Old 11-08-2012, 10:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by orcadigital
I'll give you the $29.01 + $12 shipping you paid for it on ebay last week. I do run the body, and just happened to miss the auction. Add a couple bucks if you threw away the box and need another.

Let me know.

Grant
Lol yea after PayPal fees that will leave me with 1 dollar and some change for box and materials and shipping. If u want send $45 to [email protected]
Old 11-08-2012, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Lol yea after PayPal fees that will leave me with 1 dollar and some change for box and materials and shipping. If u want send $45 to [email protected]
Paypal sent! I'm just being difficult. The bugger was here in GA to start too lol.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:53 AM
Tech Regular

Lol its cool Got your pm will ship soon. Thx
Old 11-08-2012, 12:42 PM
Tech Regular

Ok I'm to lazy to look through the thread to find this. My question is what is the chassis to run. Have you guys had more success running with the standard 2.25mm chassis or the exotek or the 2.0mm or 2.5mm. This is for carpet 17.5 blinky in high traction conditions. I'm pretty good with finding a setup around the standard 2.25 chassis. But couldn't help to think there maybe a chassis that makes the car slightly more consistent or easier to drive while still being pretty fast. Any help is appreciated. Thx
Old 11-08-2012, 01:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by orcadigital
I'm sure Danny won't mind if I take a dremel to his Xray parts...

What kind of differences are there in car handling when you go with a softer top deck? Do you compensate with stiffer suspension or anything else?

I know that we use the harder plastics as they feel more precise (even though they break easier), so would the same not be true on the top deck? Just curious.

Thanks as always!
Top deck seems to effect front with turn in and exit off, as well as forward traction. It really depends on how its cut out and how thick any cross brace is and where its located. Thats why the one that Ed came up with seems to be good all around, I found that when I run the superflexi top deck it give a strange feel to the front of the car, for me, others may like it, BUT, I'd still give it a try on your track. Run the same suspension, but just change the top deck.

The suspension arms will give a different feel again, stiffer giving a more constant repetative feel each time, where the softs react so much different its hard to tune for. The biggest factor is that its much easier to change out the top deck, than the suspension, and it gives a bigger window of change then what a soft versus hard arm does. (Also less adjustments have to be re-adjusted, ie ride height, droop)

Ok I'm to lazy to look through the thread to find this. My question is what is the chassis to run. Have you guys had more success running with the standard 2.25mm chassis or the exotek or the 2.0mm or 2.5mm. This is for carpet 17.5 blinky in high traction conditions. I'm pretty good with finding a setup around the standard 2.25 chassis. But couldn't help to think there maybe a chassis that makes the car slightly more consistent or easier to drive while still being pretty fast. Any help is appreciated. Thx
Ok the down and dirty on the chassis from what I have come up with is........that the 2.25 stock chassis pretty much covers it all, just have a few of the different top decks to tune with. I've run everyone of the combos, top and bottom, and have a couple that I find work well for me, but again, it was more of the top deck giving me the feel I wanted over any of the chassis. They all seem to work well though, no performance gains of one over another if thats what you where looking for. Hope that helps.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Ok the down and dirty on the chassis from what I have come up with is........that the 2.25 stock chassis pretty much covers it all, just have a few of the different top decks to tune with. I've run everyone of the combos, top and bottom, and have a couple that I find work well for me, but again, it was more of the top deck giving me the feel I wanted over any of the chassis. They all seem to work well though, no performance gains of one over another if thats what you where looking for. Hope that helps.
Thx so much!!!! Just saved me a lot of time. Thx
Old 11-08-2012, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Just popping in as a new owner of a couple of te's!

Gonna run them on carpet. How is the kitsetup on 32s?
Old 11-08-2012, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by valk
Just popping in as a new owner of a couple of te's!

Gonna run them on carpet. How is the kitsetup on 32s?
Hi and welcome. The stock setup is not too bad, but I'd check out either PetitRC site or Serpent RC for setups, you'll probably find something there specifically for the 32s tire, in case there is something out of the ordinary to get a better performance.

http://www.serpent.com/

http://www.petitrc.com/

If you come up with any other questions feel free to ask as there are some great guys on this forum that enjoy helping out.

Thanks
Old 11-08-2012, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

Always hear great things about serpent, so excited to finally own one (2)

Gonna be running it in 17.5 blinky at our upcoming speed weekend. also, a mod car just for giggles and something to do between the 4 hour rounds.
sadly we don't run touring cars in our regular winter season so ill only have 12th scale night to practice with it and try to get it setup, so i definitely will be asking advice.
im still noob to the sport, but working my way up. figured it was time to take the equipment out of the equation =)
Old 11-08-2012, 05:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Always hear great things about serpent, so excited to finally own one (2)

Gonna be running it in 17.5 blinky at our upcoming speed weekend. also, a mod car just for giggles and something to do between the 4 hour rounds.
sadly we don't run touring cars in our regular winter season so ill only have 12th scale night to practice with it and try to get it setup, so i definitely will be asking advice.
im still noob to the sport, but working my way up. figured it was time to take the equipment out of the equation =)
Hi
I'm in Vancouver and Blake and the guys know us .I will be coming over with my 411 and I run 17.5 stock. If everything goes right I should have the new Serpent 12th scale as well. If you need any help or are stuck for a part . Your Serpent teammate will be glad to help . See you in January
Old 11-08-2012, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

I really don't think ill have to worry about parts for a good long time, though knock on wood.
The kit i bought didn't come with belts or drive shafts, but extra diffs, arms, hubs, hardware ect.

it is gonna be nice to have someone else running the car though. i usually pick obscure brands ha.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

I really don't think ill have to worry about parts for a good long time, though knock on wood.
The kit i bought didn't come with belts or drive shafts, but extra diffs, arms, hubs, hardware ect.

it is gonna be nice to have someone else running the car though. i usually pick obscure brands ha.
The guys on the thread great and really helpful .
I hope you enjoy the car as much as I am .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.