Serpent S411

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 02:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)

Haha same here.

Rhys

Originally Posted by pcar951
I received my v2 racks the other day but, I'm reluctant to install them. My 411s work so well with the originals. Anyone have any Input after running the V2 rack for a while??
Old 02-25-2012, 09:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Originally Posted by whityboy
My son has the opportunity to drive with the S411 this year.
What spare parts are good to have and what option parts are a must have.
Or is the smarter option just to buy a second car for spares.
As he will be the only one driving the s411
Thanks
Let everyone know if he is racing carpet or asphalt?
Tuning: the 3.5 rear block,
a lot of people play with chassis and top deck thickness, there are also top flexdecks.
spring assortment.
sway bar assortment 1.2 rear and misc other sizes.
Roll center spacers .5 and 1.0
some people use the v2 steering rack assembly as well.
Maintenance:
shock rebuild and diff rebuild kits (o rings and such).
it's always nice to have the blades for the cvd's extra belts are always a good idea.
Impact:
hubs, carriers and wishbones can not hurt most people seem to run the mediums. .
The car seems to be pretty durable, the above is a list of tuning options and parts that get wear and tear or break on impact.

Last edited by rdlkgliders; 02-25-2012 at 10:57 AM.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crabboy
Haha same here.

Rhys
ill be going back to the std rack. have tried the V2 for 2 meets now, firstly, 3 shims, was very agressive turn in, made the rear very snappy. tried 2 shims and 1. cant seem to get rid of the agressive turn in, but 1 shim seemed better feel for our track. lap times havent matched the original rack, and have tried on carpet also. so back to std rack for me.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
ill be going back to the std rack. have tried the V2 for 2 meets now, firstly, 3 shims, was very agressive turn in, made the rear very snappy. tried 2 shims and 1. cant seem to get rid of the agressive turn in, but 1 shim seemed better feel for our track. lap times havent matched the original rack, and have tried on carpet also. so back to std rack for me.
Ahhaa, that's the info I was looking for! I think I'll be sticking with the V1 rack also, I don't have Mr. Crisp's skill. Thinking maybe its a better choice for a mere mortal driver.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Dial down some of your steering curve Rx
Old 02-25-2012, 01:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
Dial down some of your steering curve Rx
id rather change the rack than turn down the curve. the car was faultless with the V1 rack. the V2 rack, just unsettles the car some. not everywhere, but just cant get the same lap time.
Old 02-25-2012, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pcar951
Ahhaa, that's the info I was looking for! I think I'll be sticking with the V1 rack also, I don't have Mr. Crisp's skill. Thinking maybe its a better choice for a mere mortal driver.
im sure the V2 rack has its place. but i have tried other setup changes to settle it, full long wheelbase, lower front roll center (5mm shims on front inside) originally i used kit settings, then moved to 4mm . for a tighter more stop start track i would believe you would want the V2 rack. just when you are doing 110 kms/hr and going into a banked sweeper , the std rack seems to work better.
Old 02-25-2012, 03:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Default S411

Just wanted to let you guys know I have a S411 listed in the for sale forum. It's built but never used. I'm selling it because I purchased the LE and plan to keep that one.

Thanks,

Jim

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...c-chassis.html
Old 02-25-2012, 04:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by DanDan
Hi Martin,

I have installed the v2 rack and will do some testing tomorrow, but what I found the bump steer become toe-in while the arms moving upward. I remember with v1 rack bump steer tend to make toe-out.

Have you do some mod on the rack like some others, or shall I ignore the bump steer and concentrate of Ackerman testing.
Yes the bump steer is different because of the height of the inboard connection is higher on the v2, causing the difference. If you ran a 1mm spacer on the outboard connection of the steering link then remove it, that will help.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Well, today was the third raceday on my new S411 (17.5 stock) and I am VERY happy with it. Running about two tenths off the likes of Brad Johnson and Brian Jucha today was encouraging.... My motor is on its last leg, but the car handled great. A fresh motor and battery would give me another tenth. I was impressed with how the back was really stuck despite the tremendous amount of steering I could dial in!
Old 02-25-2012, 08:17 PM
Tech Regular

I need some input or advice on speed controls.

Last edited by rdlkgliders; 02-25-2012 at 08:47 PM.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

How about a Viper esc? Goes well with the snake?

I had a few brownouts with a RS in combination with a savox servo and SR300 RXes. My issues disappeared when I switched radios to a KO...
Old 02-25-2012, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rdlkgliders
I need some input or advice on speed controls.

What do you guys use with your mod motors any suggestions and yes I have trouble shot the motor, sensor wire, and added the cap no help.....
in mod i havent used anything but Speedpassion, i still have my original from 2 years ago, its going strong still. biggest thing is to not overload the BEC, and wire any other fans direct to the battery connections. i run 3.5T motors, and have not yet had any issues with any of the gear, motors i use V3. they have a new speedy coming soon , the reventon Pro, looks pretty good, but the GT2.0 Pro is bullet proof.
i would also add, its very smooth, and the S411 loves to be driven Smooth, cause thats the fastest way !

Last edited by Pattojnr; 02-25-2012 at 09:31 PM.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by silvalis
How about a Viper esc? Goes well with the snake?

I had a few brownouts with a RS in combination with a savox servo and SR300 RXes. My issues disappeared when I switched radios to a KO...
Viper has been a good move for me, simple adjustment with the program card (no more booting up the laptop), very smooth throttle response and lots of adjustability. Of coarse, I'm biased but you wouldn't be disappointed.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:51 PM
Tech Regular

in mod i havent used anything but Speedpassion, i still have my original from 2 years ago, its going strong still. biggest thing is to not overload the BEC, and wire any other fans direct to the battery connections. i run 3.5T motors, and have not yet had any issues with any of the gear, motors i use V3. they have a new speedy coming soon , the reventon Pro, looks pretty good, but the GT2.0 Pro is bullet proof.
i would also add, its very smooth, and the S411 loves to be driven Smooth, cause thats the fastest way !
which speedpassion do you run?
I edited my post will you edit my quote within your post I am only trying to fix a painful reoccurring problem not be mean.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.