Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 09:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
New Rear 1.2mm Anti-Roll Bar
Spare Shrink Tube for DCJ
Alum. C-Hub
Leighweight 4.5mm Pivot Ball
Heard anything about when teamedition will be realised?
Old 02-02-2012, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JamesReilly
Improved gear diff sounds sweet.
RCM shocks...why I've built almost every dampener known to RC and I would have to say these are by far my favorite, I would have to see an improvement on the clock or some really outstanding improvement in traction before switching. They are so easy to get the same every time. Very easy to change oil at the track, no waiting for the aeration to go away… Maybe I’m missing something.
I wonder if the demand for RCM shocks was so a true 0 rebound shock could be made.

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
I can't the RCCX shocks snap ring is a B!t!h to get out and the eyelets run bvery close to the shock shaft. Upon the purchase of 411 I had to work the pre built shock up to snuff, binding, blurs on the pistons and the packing was dry.
Sometimes its using the right tool for the job. Snap ring pliers are one of those tools that buying cheap just means you'll be buying again, I have a tool box full of those, last pair I bought where over $50 dollars, but they haven't failed me yet on any snapring job, just saying.

BTW, I had the same burr situation on one shock shaft.

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
just have to keep an eye on the blades a bit more. i think also what it can do is wear out the plastic eccentric, and the diff housing from the wobble.
As far as the setup, its on the serpent site, Patto Australia. but this isnt a technical track, its a fairly open and fast big track. was the old 8th scale gas track from a few years ago.
The wobble due to the blades will definitely bring on other wear issues within the driveline. Specifically the diff housing and the eccentrics tend to take the most abuse.

I just recently completed a race. One thing that I ended up doing to save some time and fumbling in the pits was to replace the 4mm spacers under the front rear suspension bridge with some 3mm spacers. This way if you go for the least amount of rc adjustment your already there, but if you want to increase the rc, you can just use the long shims instead of fighting with the small spacers and screws on the front/rear mount. Loosen a couple screws and slide in the shim and your done.

It might sound like a no brainer but it sure makes the job easier to do.

Another thing I did to the car. After reading a couple of posts from the guy that was putting foil over the front outdrives and running some grease. I decided to do it a little differently. I just use some shrink wrap on the outdrives. Pack a little black grease in them and run them that way. There is no pin bind for in and out movement and virtually no grease thrown all over the place on the car.

Ran the entire week with the top plate/set screw mod that James mentioned and had absolutely no spur gear issues using 64p gears.

If you're running on carpet the kit shock oil is a little on the lite side, start with 450 and up, the car will feel a lot more planted. When its too light the car actually reacts like a real car with worn out shocks which translates to a loose feel on power. Also Martins use of the black/grey spring combo seems to be a nice start point.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MarcusEngdahl
Heard anything about when teamedition will be realised?
KITS ?
Old 02-03-2012, 06:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
I wonder if the demand for RCM shocks was so a true 0 rebound shock could be made.

Sometimes its using the right tool for the job. Snap ring pliers are one of those tools that buying cheap just means you'll be buying again, I have a tool box full of those, last pair I bought where over $50 dollars, but they haven't failed me yet on any snapring job, just saying.

BTW, I had the same burr situation on one shock shaft.

Please post the link for the snap rings pliers you used, because when you compress the eyelets inward they touch each other before you can remove them I hate these F@@Kin' shocks can't wait until the new shock are released.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
KITS ?
Yes
Old 02-03-2012, 08:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Does the le kit come with a servo saver?
Old 02-03-2012, 08:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
Please post the link for the snap rings pliers you used, because when you compress the eyelets inward they touch each other before you can remove them I hate these F@@Kin' shocks can't wait until the new shock are released.
I will take a pic for you, they are the same ones I use to get to the snap ring in the Xray diff, another one of those mother type ones to get at. Its all in the tips and how they are held in place. These ones are made by Leslie, they make all kinds of automotive tools.

Originally Posted by rdlkgliders
Does the le kit come with a servo saver?
The LE does not come with a servo saver. If your going to use one you'll have to either space the servo up about 1mm or put a relief into the servo plate. I used a sanding drum and did the relief. The reason for this was that even with the 1mm spacers every once in a while the servo will drop just enough to drag on the servo saver, you'll have all kinds of weird steering problems till you find that problem. I use the xray 4 spring saver, it has a very solid feel to it.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:25 AM
Tech Regular

Thx ,
My Le gets here Monday I am going to put a bunch of new stuff on it.
protek 5600 65c savox sc 1251 low pro.
I will probably stick with my tekin rs and tekin motor.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Thx ,
My Le gets here Monday I am going to put a bunch of new stuff on it.
protek 5600 65c savox sc 1251 low pro.
I will probably stick with my tekin rs and tekin motor.
I would definitely run a servo saver with the car, I had a new 1251 and it didn't last long pouched one gear, now it sits waiting for a replacement. No reflection on the servo, just the car is better off with the servo saver.

When you get your car, make sure you go to the Serpents member forum and tell us what serial number you got. (Hopefully the spam will get cleaned up shortly)
Old 02-03-2012, 10:33 AM
Tech Regular

Thx Johnny,
I will do the registration.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
I would definitely run a servo saver with the car, I had a new 1251 and it didn't last long pouched one gear, now it sits waiting for a replacement. No reflection on the servo, just the car is better off with the servo saver.
Actually, I think it might be a reflection on the servo. I have a Futaba BLS551 in my Stock TC and a Savox 1251MG in my VTA type setup. Same chassis, same driver, but admittedly different classes. The VTA car might take a bit more abuse, but I haven't been running it as long, so I think it's a pretty fair comparison. No servo saver in either car. Anyway, I've never broken the Futaba, and I think I've broken a Savox like 3 times now. Gears are cheap, but DNFs suck. :/ I think the difference is that the Futaba has one plastic gear that absorbs shock, while the Savox is all metal.

-Mike
Old 02-03-2012, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (95%+)

I run on high grip carpet, would the 2mm top deck be better then the kit version, or the thicker one is better, and anyone try a steering brace to stiffen the front up, the top racing one is a perfect fit , I was going to try the 2mm top deck with the steering brace and see how it works, and as for shocks kyosho tf6 ones are a direct fit with 0 rebound, best shocks i must say, even better then trf ones, I found the stock shocks not that nice so switched to the kyosho myself, sold my le. as I like the look of the original a little better, but now that i think about it the anodized red shocks would look better on the orange.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:13 PM
Tech Regular

How are the Snakes performing at the SnowBirds?
I see Martin Crisp in the top 10 just wondering how they are doing overall.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:07 PM
Tech Elite

For those that want to know, the stock steering rack is 11.5mm center to center, the V2 is 9.5.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

How are the Snakes performing at the SnowBirds?
I see Martin Crisp in the top 10 just wondering how they are doing overall.
Not sure how many Snakes are there. Martin looks to be doing really well and then the top dog Marc Fischer is doing awesome as well. They are both in the top 7 of Modified it looks like.

Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.