Like Tree14Likes

Serpent S411

Reply

Old 01-01-2012, 04:08 PM
  #2356  
Tech Fanatic
 
Martin Crisp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Toronto Canada
Posts: 827
Default rebound

MarcS2K - I run as little rebound as possible...0 to 3mm
Martin Crisp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:22 PM
  #2357  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (6)
 
Matt Howard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Abilene TX
Posts: 5,952
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

anyone have the DCJ's in stock? or know of another brand besides the serpents that will work?
Matt Howard is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:43 AM
  #2358  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (12)
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,184
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Matt Howard View Post
anyone have the DCJ's in stock? or know of another brand besides the serpents that will work?
instock !
RC MARKET is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:44 AM
  #2359  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
mattwoodcraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: perth / australia
Posts: 2,747
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

i got some BD5 version 2 from spec R to put in when i get home i like the design a whole better with the clip securing the pins rather than heat shrink, they are cheaper as well. I have been informed they fit which i will see when i get home
mattwoodcraft is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:11 AM
  #2360  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (6)
 
Matt Howard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Abilene TX
Posts: 5,952
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mattwoodcraft View Post
i got some BD5 version 2 from spec R to put in when i get home i like the design a whole better with the clip securing the pins rather than heat shrink, they are cheaper as well. I have been informed they fit which i will see when i get home
please check and let us know
Matt Howard is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:06 AM
  #2361  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
TimPotter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Boynton Beach Fl > Randoph NJ
Posts: 7,481
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

I already purchased your setup app, but what I am saying, is my experience is the opposite. That narrowing the rear track increases the forward bite. I have done some searching on the web, and have found the same math that is in your app, but I have also found some evidence to support my observations. I realize there are so many variables, after the search I am more curious which of the variables have the biggest impact while working with the track width ( I guess ).. Any thoughts ?

Originally Posted by Martin Crisp View Post
Whenever you make the track width on a car wider it will jave more lateral grip. i explain the math behind this in my RC SETUP WORKBENCH app. Yes the car will feel more twitchy especially in chicanes with the narrow rear end as the rear will roll more. as to why it might feel more stable mi cant really say without knkwing the resr of your setup.

.
TimPotter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:58 AM
  #2362  
Tech Master
iTrader: (36)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,625
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mattwoodcraft View Post
i got some BD5 version 2 from spec R to put in when i get home i like the design a whole better with the clip securing the pins rather than heat shrink, they are cheaper as well. I have been informed they fit which i will see when i get home
When I was running the T3 2011, I tried the Spec R's and found that the pins bent in a matter of minutes. I ended up switching to the more expensive Xray version and had no problems after that.

Does anyone know if the Xray ECS work with the S411? If so, which size 50mm or 52mm?

Thanks
EVILGRAFX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:04 AM
  #2363  
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,312
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by EVILGRAFX View Post
When I was running the T3 2011, I tried the Spec R's and found that the pins bent in a matter of minutes. I ended up switching to the more expensive Xray version and had no problems after that.

Does anyone know if the Xray ECS work with the S411? If so, which size 50mm or 52mm?

Thanks
XRay ECS will not fit. The ball end on the drive shafts do not fit into Serpent outdrives.
duckman996 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:10 AM
  #2364  
Tech Master
iTrader: (36)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,625
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by duckman996 View Post
XRay ECS will not fit. The ball end on the drive shafts do not fit into Serpent outdrives.
Thanks, that's good to know.

I just saw that Spec R has their DCJ's listed as "Version 2", so maybe they've improved the strength of the pins.

???
EVILGRAFX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:01 PM
  #2365  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (49)
 
haywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,827
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default 411

Martin

After getting in some more time with the car how would you compare it against your Xrays? If you are faster with the 411 what do you attribute that to? Thanks
haywood is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:27 PM
  #2366  
Tech Master
iTrader: (36)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,625
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by haywood View Post
Martin

After getting in some more time with the car how would you compare it against your Xrays? If you are faster with the 411 what do you attribute that to? Thanks
I just got this for Xmas, haven't even put it on the track yet. This coming weekend will be first practice/race.
EVILGRAFX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:14 PM
  #2367  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (49)
 
haywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,827
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by EVILGRAFX View Post
I just got this for Xmas, haven't even put it on the track yet. This coming weekend will be first practice/race.
I was asking Martin Crisp!
haywood is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:31 PM
  #2368  
Tech Master
iTrader: (36)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,625
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by haywood View Post
I was asking Martin Crisp!
Okay
EVILGRAFX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:23 PM
  #2369  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
Jonathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 262
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Stills needs to go on the setup board and paint a body. Cant wait...lol. Question for everyone. What are you guys using for pinion and spur combo for 17.5 class? Coming from 1/8 onroad, I a little lost on this subject so I went with what the guys at the hobby shop recommended after they did some calcs. 108/53.( 64 pitch) Yahhh... it doesnt fit... pinion is way to big and there's not enough room to slide the motor down. lol... The biggest i can do is a 30 tooth. Martin...if you have some info on this subject in your app, I would give it another star to make it 6. lol. So back to the original question...what pinion/spur combo? or better yet, a link to some info that sheds some light on this subject. Thanks y'all. Jon
Attached Thumbnails Serpent S411-photo-4.jpg  
Jonathan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:33 PM
  #2370  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,476
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
Stills needs to go on the setup board and paint a body. Cant wait...lol. Question for everyone. What are you guys using for pinion and spur combo for 17.5 class? Coming from 1/8 onroad, I a little lost on this subject so I went with what the guys at the hobby shop recommended after they did some calcs. 108/53.( 64 pitch) Yahhh... it doesnt fit... pinion is way to big and there's not enough room to slide the motor down. lol... The biggest i can do is a 30 tooth. Martin...if you have some info on this subject in your app, I would give it another star to make it 6. lol. So back to the original question...what pinion/spur combo? or better yet, a link to some info that sheds some light on this subject. Thanks y'all. Jon
Blinky or boosted. Blinky you want to run anywhere from 3.8 to 4.2 fdr.
Johnny Wishbone is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service