Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 12:48 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks Mutley..much appreciated
Old 11-07-2011, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by transplantlife
Guys what chassis do you like running on carpet 2mm or the 2.25 im going to be getting this kit within the next few days jus wanted to see what most of you are running on carpet. Thanks!
Stock 2.5 but plan on trying the 2.25.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:55 PM
Tech Adept

Hi!

In Germany we use stock chassis and sometimes 2.25 chassis, including top teamdriver Marc Fischer.

We tested on last Weekend and for me the 2.5 chassis is currently the best choice.

Marc used 2.5 and 2.25 and the softer one had a bit more steering, maybe a bit more overall grip. lap times was the same!
Old 11-07-2011, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Thanks guys for the replys!

Anyone have a base line starting set-up for carpet?
Old 11-07-2011, 03:17 PM
Tech Adept

depends on the springs, you have :P .. and surely on the track characteristics (low, med, or high grip - technical, big or something else)
Old 11-07-2011, 05:34 PM
Tech Elite

http://www.petitrc.com//reglages/ser...me20111028.pdf

BUT try 3.0 Xray front springs, 1.2mm rear bar, and 2.5mm rear camber wicked fast setup.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by #iZzy
Hi!

In Germany we use stock chassis and sometimes 2.25 chassis, including top teamdriver Marc Fischer.

We tested on last Weekend and for me the 2.5 chassis is currently the best choice.

Marc used 2.5 and 2.25 and the softer one had a bit more steering, maybe a bit more overall grip. lap times was the same!

How about giving Marc a poke and get him to come on here and post some setups. The only one I see on Petit comes up blank. I would like to see his setup from the just past ETS race and what his observations where at that race.

I see by the pics of his car he had black springs on his car, where they Corally, Xray or something else? And what weight where they?
Old 11-07-2011, 06:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
How about giving Marc a poke and get him to come on here and post some setups. The only one I see on Petit comes up blank. I would like to see his setup from the just past ETS race and what his observations where at that race.

I see by the pics of his car he had black springs on his car, where they Corally, Xray or something else? And what weight where they?
He isn't using any forum etc

On his car he used the new MR33 Ride Springs, but he haven't a fixed setup on the ets - tried a bit around on every run.

His Setup was very similar to his outdoor setup from the german nationals, the s411 is very good - no big changes needed for different permanent tracks. We are very happy about the car performance

Only exception was the ETS race, because Marc has no experience with ETS carpet in combination with the new Ride Indoor Tires - this results in traction roll and this results in a car that was really difficult to drive. He still needs some testing time with this tires

On this weekend i try the new double joints, looking real cool
Old 11-08-2011, 03:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

im keen to get some of these front axles to they look like a good thing it be interesting to see what you think of them
Old 11-08-2011, 04:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by #iZzy
He isn't using any forum etc

On his car he used the new MR33 Ride Springs, but he haven't a fixed setup on the ets - tried a bit around on every run.

His Setup was very similar to his outdoor setup from the german nationals, the s411 is very good - no big changes needed for different permanent tracks. We are very happy about the car performance

Only exception was the ETS race, because Marc has no experience with ETS carpet in combination with the new Ride Indoor Tires - this results in traction roll and this results in a car that was really difficult to drive. He still needs some testing time with this tires

On this weekend i try the new double joints, looking real cool
Hello IZzy,

Can you tell us what Ride spring did he uses? Silver, red, purple?
What oil and pistons? What about the diff oil?
Thanks in advance.

Hugo
Old 11-08-2011, 05:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Hugo
Hello IZzy,

Can you tell us what Ride spring did he uses? Silver, red, purple?
What oil and pistons? What about the diff oil?
Thanks in advance.

Hugo
He tested ride silver and red - and yokomo springs like ronald.

oil he tested a range from 400 to 600, but im not 100% sure now... pistons are stock 3-hole.

Diff-Oil he tested a bit around, too...

So you see why i said he haven't used a fixed setup because he tried on every run different settings...
Old 11-08-2011, 05:47 AM
Tech Regular

What shims/washers are people using to remove the play on the steering and where abouts are you putting them ?
Old 11-08-2011, 06:18 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by S.A.W
What shims/washers are people using to remove the play on the steering and where abouts are you putting them ?
Hi !

Glue in all bearings on the steering - this helps. And on the manual it shows to put 0.3mm shims on the steering crank - but i used on my first s411 0.1mm and on my second 0.2mm - it depends on how the pre glued bearings are glued theyre small differences.

on the c-hubs, maybe you can put a 0.1mm shim - for the horizontal c-hub play...
Old 11-08-2011, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

If you look at the instructions, it shows two .3 spacers, I doubled those and then two .3 spacers on the long arms. I use the shims from old brushed motors. If the od of the washer is too big it will drag on the outer race of the bearing, the motor washers are just right for this. I found that the fit of the bearing into the pockets was fine but the slop is in the bearing to mount.

I tried to eliminate the washers but when I did that the drag link would actually touch the one long arm and create bind issues, this would only happen when the car was under load, it always looked proper when holding up and eye balling it.

I also use a .1 shim on the upper bushing of the c-hub, between the busing and the c-hub itself. I think Tamiya sell these. (Sorry no part number.)
Old 11-08-2011, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)
Default WASHERS

HERE IS WHAT I DID. I USED A LITTLE LOCKTIGHT ON THE TOP SCREWS.

3MM COUNTERSINK WASHERS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.