Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo CGM

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2004, 09:07 PM
Tech Regular

Default Yokomo CGM

i decided to start a seperate thread just for the CGM.
how about some setup tips. droop front and rear. shock oil weight, springs, sway bars. asphalt setup or carpet.
Old 08-01-2004, 09:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'm by no means the thread police but I don't think we need a seperate thread just for the CGM
Old 08-01-2004, 10:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

I run on indoor concrete with high traction and I run 40 weight all the way around with orange on front and green on the rear. With the track temp around 88 I run take off 22 until late in the evening then I switch to 27's. Thanks for starting this thread!!
Old 08-02-2004, 12:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Matt Howard
I'm by no means the thread police but I don't think we need a seperate thread just for the CGM
I agree.
Old 08-02-2004, 05:54 AM
Tech Regular

midnight,
are you running the rayspeed springs or the gt4 springs
Old 08-02-2004, 06:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

baih,

why don't you join us on the yokomo SD thread? we discuss both the SSG and CGM versions there. One thread is plenty enough!

Later,
Paul
Old 08-02-2004, 07:44 AM
Tech Elite

Im running the yokomo springs. I was told that you had to change out the shock ends and stuff to make the rayspeed work. Also I forgot to mention that I was running the pinks on the rear but the rear tended to slide out in mid corner.
Old 08-02-2004, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Also I think that baih starting a new thread is great, b/c there is alot of info out there and this thread will kind of seperate all the info. THANKS Baih
Old 08-02-2004, 02:29 PM
Tech Regular

I don't have a yokomo sd/cgm car but why seperate threads, just ask in the yokomo thread what you want to know and people will try and help you out
Old 08-02-2004, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

The thing is, why is everyone making such a big deal about someone wanting to start a new thread. Are we living in such a back woods society that we have to have social permission to post on this website. If there is a rule that says a person cant start a new thread about a topic that is of interest to him or her, then yes by any means post negative replies that reflects on a person freedom of speech. Until then, back off of him and let him post what he wants.
Old 08-02-2004, 03:40 PM
Tech Adept

Wow, unless you "Midnight" is the same person as "baih" there is no need to get defensive. People were just trying to say that this board is cluttered enough, so "trying" to keep everything in one place will be beneficial for everybody. They are not saying "DON'T POST THIS OR THAT", they are just pointing people (who might not know) in the right direction. Knowledgeable people, team drivers, etc. go to the SD thread frequently so you can almost always get your answers quickly. Like Matt Howard and johnbull above, they will be one of the many people you will likely get your answers from. With your attitude, well.....
Old 08-02-2004, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

folks, noone ever thought about harming your freedom of speech - heavens forbid!!! - we were just trying to keep the info easy to find by focusing on just one thread where all the regulars usually chat...

Nobody wants you folks to prevent you from doing anything. And feel free to stop by the usual SD thread whenever you like, with its several thousand posts, and growing... you'll find some cool info there.

Later,
Paul
Old 08-02-2004, 04:46 PM
Tech Regular

well there are 305 pages last time i looked. the main reason i wanted a seperate thread is because the CGM should handle differently because the CGM is heavier. the sd has the added benefit of tuning if you play with the upper deck also. even though the cars are basically the same the weight should make a noticable difference in handling.
one of the tuning tips i was looking for was antisquat for the rear.
leave it stock or go 1 or 2 degrees?
Old 08-02-2004, 04:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally posted by Midnight
The thing is, why is everyone making such a big deal about someone wanting to start a new thread. Are we living in such a back woods society that we have to have social permission to post on this website. If there is a rule that says a person cant start a new thread about a topic that is of interest to him or her, then yes by any means post negative replies that reflects on a person freedom of speech. Until then, back off of him and let him post what he wants.
It's no big deal but the guys with the most experience (including johnbull and Matt Howard) frequent the SD thread already. You'll probably have more luck getting help there and get your car up to speed quicker...
Old 08-02-2004, 06:54 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally posted by veecee
It's no big deal but the guys with the most experience (including johnbull and Matt Howard) frequent the SD thread already. You'll probably have more luck getting help there and get your car up to speed quicker...
Matt and John stop in regularly and are always helping guys with their Yokes. When I had mone it was no exception.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.