R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-25-2002, 11:05 AM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Cool Hpi Pro 4 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi !

I found a big exclusivity : the new HPI PRO 4 -

Pictures on PETIT RC : www.petitrc.com

Incredible website with their exclusivities !!!

English version - For your first visit, click on your right on the English/US flag at the top. Your next visits will be on English version !
hypermaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 12:33 PM   #2
Tech Addict

Pretty much what I thought, a Hpi Pro / AE TC3 hybrid...sigh.

Seems to work well though from what I've been hearing its the fastest car there...
Yokomo Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 12:53 PM   #3
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

They are seriously releasing another new car?

Man, and people say Yokomo and Schumacher are bad. At least Yoke and Schuie don't hype their cars to the end of the world and back only to release a new one a year later.
Old 04-25-2002, 01:47 PM   #4
Tech Initiate

Pretty interesting car. I don't know why they changed so soon to another style? R/c cars are becoming like computers now. New ones come out right after you buy the latest!
NANAKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 03:58 PM   #5
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by futureal
They are seriously releasing another new car?
No, see the information in the official pages of our site. The car isn't called a Pro 4 or anything at all - it's a test car, purely a prototype. It may never see production. Again, see the information on our site.

Quote:
Man, and people say Yokomo and Schumacher are bad. At least Yoke and Schuie don't hype their cars to the end of the world and back only to release a new one a year later.
Yokomo used to have a car every 6 months, Schumacher still releases a new car every 12 months or so. If by "hype" you mean normal advertising that's a...well, normal thing to do. All the companies in the industry do that.

Frank McKinney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 04:53 PM   #6
Tech Addict

I would be worried if HPI weren't prototyping and testing new designs. If this car doesn't make production maybe the next one will. All this shows is that HPI are putting a lot of effort into the race scene, and have not deserted the racer as a lot of people suggested.
JohnA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 05:23 PM   #7
R/C Tech Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by Frank McKinney
Yokomo used to have a car every 6 months, Schumacher still releases a new car every 12 months or so. If by "hype" you mean normal advertising that's a...well, normal thing to do. All the companies in the industry do that.

For some reason I think the Pro 3 was hyped more than any Schuie or Yoke that I remember -- but only because HPI is an American company and thus advertise much more than the other two. So from my American perspective, I saw many more ads for the Pro 3 prior to its release than, say, the Schuie Mission or the Yokomo Special.

It could also have been because of the long wait between the Pro 2 and the Pro 3... by the time the Pro 3 came out, there were legions upon legions of people waiting for the car, and it was all anybody could talk about.

For the companies that DO release cars every 6-12 months, I guess a new car is not that big of a deal.

And I actually did not check the site or info about the car, I was just cracking jokes.
Old 04-25-2002, 05:39 PM   #8
Tech Fanatic

Wink

I know, I wasn't upset, just wanted to suggest a correction to your post, since you are "the man" on this site

I think the time between the release of the Pro and Pro 2 was just about 2 years, the Pro 3 was released a year ago. The Losi and Associated teams were testing their sedans long before they released them, and with our team of Japanese and European racers we are taking advantage of their heavy race schedule and skills to do some heavy duty testing. We're not the only ones testing a prototype sedan chassis, however right now we are the most visible.
Frank McKinney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 08:25 PM   #9
Tech Initiate

For hpi purple-hype fans, the prototype is a reason to be excited.
Otherwise it's just another new model with a not-exclusive design apparently. I believe Hara could have done it with many other alternative sedans.

The prototype is no big deal. It's just that the pro3 has dsappointed too many.
jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 08:36 PM   #10
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to eBoi31 Send a message via MSN to eBoi31 Send a message via Yahoo to eBoi31

im not that surprised the only thing im suprised is that it looks like a cross-breed between a TC3, MR4 penguin Chassis, and some minor RS4 components...i have all three cars and basically it looks like an all-in-one car...anyone get any test results or what HPI is think about?
eBoi31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 10:39 PM   #11
R/C Tech Founder

It's true that Hara has been nothing short of dominant with his Pro 3, but as it has been stated and re-stated that it is his "special" Pro 3. I actually was *this* close to getting a Pro 3 when they came out, until I heard about the original diff problem (I believe they were cracking on the outdrives) and decided to wait, and ended up with 2 Losis and 2 Yokomos.

But I actually own a number of HPI cars -- like many others, the RS4 Pro was my first "real" sedan. I still run (and race) an HPI Nitro car.

And I may yet find myself with a Pro 3, the HPI Challenge is heading our way this summer...
Old 04-25-2002, 11:18 PM   #12
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to eBoi31 Send a message via MSN to eBoi31 Send a message via Yahoo to eBoi31

do you like the pro 3? i dont like it for its tub chassis even though people say it prevents flex compared to carbon fiber or aluminum chassis....
Old 04-25-2002, 11:34 PM   #13
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

IMO Hara runs a hot body pro 3, not a HPI The car he had when he was at speedworld wasn't close to stock and it's changed a little more since then. A new design is greatly needed. I wish HPI well in their testing of the prototype car.
Old 04-26-2002, 12:04 AM   #14
Tech Initiate

Now hpi realises that the central battery configuration is afterall not the way to go? Now hpi puts the battery on one side and the rest of the radio gadgets on the other (like many others). What does that tell us? Did they get the fundamentals wrong with the pro3? Should hpi stop selling further pro3's?

Those who think their pro3's are great after some after-market upper decks installed have forgotten that hpi has never made any official apology that the stock car needs these modifications.

People have posted purple and blue pro3's pics all the time to show off how happy they are with the car after it no longer resembles the stock. Now this is loyalty. Even if it's a winner hpi shouldn't take any credits.
jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 12:58 AM   #15
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by jenny
Now hpi realises that the central battery configuration is afterall not the way to go? Now hpi puts the battery on one side and the rest of the radio gadgets on the other (like many others). What does that tell us? Did they get the fundamentals wrong with the pro3? Should hpi stop selling further pro3's?

Those who think their pro3's are great after some after-market upper decks installed have forgotten that hpi has never made any official apology that the stock car needs these modifications.

People have posted purple and blue pro3's pics all the time to show off how happy they are with the car after it no longer resembles the stock. Now this is loyalty. Even if it's a winner hpi shouldn't take any credits.

well the idea of having a battery in the center is a pretty good idea...being that it balances the car pretty well....but as the generale form....i think its just too big....