R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-29-2004, 11:47 PM   #121
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kave

I agree, I wonder if hes related to ajg?
Kave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 11:47 PM   #122
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to GundamWZero Send a message via Yahoo to GundamWZero Send a message via Skype™ to GundamWZero

Quote:
Originally posted by psmart2
If you think the cars that run Nascar are close to what is sold on the showroom you are seriously confused. Sorry to be so harsh, but that's a bad example to try to prove your point.
Reading with one eye is also bad for you. The exmaple is being that a manufacturer should put out its products first, then race their respected products. You are not reading, my young padiwan. I will say it clearly:

The Taurus, the Lumina, the Monte Carlo, and Dodge put their cars on a showroom floor to be sold to the public before any one of them saw a NASCAR circuit!

The comparison is made by the major car manufacturers putting their products out to the consumer FIRST, then proven them on a racing circuit.

Now I believe you are going to say "well, I should take my daddys F150 or whatever vehichle you own to race it."

Please someone intellegent speak up next time and convince me........

‎"We fight not because we hate what's in front of us...
We fight to protect whats behind us."
GundamWZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 11:48 PM   #123
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to Kave

what hes saying is basically thats just a name. the cars that nascar races are nothing like there showroom counterparts. Get a grip man, your grasping at straws and your grip isint so good.
Kave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 11:50 PM   #124
Tech Champion

You're still comparing what's in a show room to what's on a race track. There's no comparison at all. Hell, the shape of the bodies aren't even the same. Let alone anything else on or in the car.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 12:02 AM   #125
Tech Elite

Send a message via MSN to GundamWZero Send a message via Yahoo to GundamWZero Send a message via Skype™ to GundamWZero

Quote:
Originally posted by pballkid21587
I really cant understand your point of view. I do not want to test an esc for novak that im going to have to send back 3 times, you have any idea how much time away from the track that is? Also, you talkabout how much better peoples packs are and motors. If you were half as good as you say you are you wuold have no problem getting those things. The public can buy the top perect of stuff! YOU CAN buy 1.8+ packs, you CAN BUY balistic motors, you can buy all this stuff to make you fast. If you were to take this stuff and even place in the a or b main at the mod nats which you seem to think you are good enough for, no longer would you be one of the people paying for everything! All the pros out there had to earn their way with standard equipment BEFORE they get any of this. Not to mention its not their choice to do this testing. THIS IS THIER JOB, they do what there told. I personally think you are way out of wack and need to step back and examine what your saying. Only then will you realize how far off you really are.
Geez you are still missing the main issue:

When the GTX was first introduced on the internet to be sold, it had already won two Worlds or Nationals! Dammit guys, read!
R&D was done with. Over! The ESC was put into not only one sanctioned event, but TWO! I guess R&D isn't finshed yet huh? Still the only ones on this planet to have them are the Sponsored drivers! How many more months, or should I say, championships, will it take for the speedos to hit the shelves? You don't test anything during a event. You are there to win.

I am not complaining about this cause my equipment may be substandard, I am complaining because buy the time you buy that Speedo, motor, what ever it may be, it too will be substandard. And not by R&D standards either. By track standards.

Old 08-30-2004, 12:33 AM   #126

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka

Here is my $.02 on everything possibly discussed in this thread. I am a sponsored driver, do you know how long it took me to become one? It took me 4 years of hardwork and dedication to win a bowling trophy! The time I have spent at the track probly equals the time of school lol. When I buy a product, I want it to be tested through and out. Novak has done the right thing by running this speed control for a long time. They want to make sure it is retard proof besides the basics, wiring it up so the motor fries, etc. User error, or "dipshit syndrome" as I like to call it, will still happen from time to time and Novak will still take care of you! This is because they stand behind their products 100%. They do this because they tested them for so long and are sure they will work. So what they won 2 big races? an LRP speedo could have done the same. So could have a Keyence, or Tekin. It was all driver behind that speed control. They could have been using a tc2, and still won. That is considered "old technology" and the driver still would have prevailed. The modified class that the speed control is raced in should not matter. They call it modified for a reason correct? "NOT STOCK" anotherwords. This means anything should be allowed to go within ROAR rules. ROAR says nothing about prototype testing or any other racing sanction that I am aware of. The companies need to test their products in a real racing scenario. They can't test on their own private track because traction or conditions will not be the same as at a big event. This leads them to test at an event such as a nationals or a worlds. Yes they will test at a world's race Gundam. This seems mad, but its true. I couldn't beat the factory pros if they were using a novak atom dude. They would still lay it down because they can drive like hell, and know how to setup a car. This took years of work and learning. Why shouldn't they be able to test their companies products? That seems preposterous to me. Bottom Line= Products should be tested before the consumer can buy them. This is the way it works. It is the best way to make sure that most of the kinks are worked out so they do not lose profit. The less free returns, the more money is saved.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:42 AM   #127
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Yea... what Stephen said
Ok... does anyone else feel like we all got screwed because we didnt have a prototype GTX at the last big race we ran? I know it doesnt bother me at all. Anyone....? Or is this a one man crusade?
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 12:52 AM   #128
Tech Elite

Trinityracinnut; thanks for the opinion.....a bit muddled , but enough for me to understand why a company would do something like that. I will still say it is wrong to put a product not yet availble to the public in a major event, but like you and Futureal said, in a stock event would be wrong but it is open season for modified. I always believed that modifieds had the same rules as the stock class, minus the motors. So if you can Trinity, explain to me why put a ESC like the GTX in a major event? Couldn't you get the same results from the local levels? I am not saying hand a local a GTX to try out, but I'm sure that you sponsored drivers have time throught the weekend to test the ESC at the local modified levels.

Old 08-30-2004, 12:53 AM   #129
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by ottoman
Yea... what Stephen said
Ok... does anyone else feel like we all got screwed because we didnt have a prototype GTX at the last big race we ran? I know it doesnt bother me at all. Anyone....? Or is this a one man crusade?
dude....grow up.

Old 08-30-2004, 12:56 AM   #130
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by GundamWZero

The Taurus, the Lumina, the Monte Carlo, and Dodge put their cars on a showroom floor to be sold to the public before any one of them saw a NASCAR circuit!

They're not the same cars! Like what jkerr said, the bodies don't even have the same shape. How can you compare those two ?
It sounds like what your trying to say is companies should sell the product to the public before it's gone through r&d. That's like selling prototypes, it just doesn't work.

Gundam - can you take your arguments to a new thread. Most people don't want to read through 5 pages of bitching just to read a couple posts about the esc. Which this forum was supposed to be about.....

btw Steve, thanks for the help.

-WR
racerdx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 01:01 AM   #131

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka

I dont feel screwed over. I was in the A-main at the Novak race with a TC2, and not even a GT7. Its driver, not a prototype or better esc.
Old 08-30-2004, 01:10 AM   #132
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Gundam, you are the one that needs to grow up here. You have turned this thread into a pissing match based on rules that you either don't know or don't understand. I am all for people expressing their opinions but you have gone well beyond that long ago.

For starters, there is no rule anywhere that says prototype electronics can't be run in ROAR races here in the USA, or in IFMAR races internationally. You have called Novak's factory drivers cheaters in numerous places in this thread, which is not only wrong but downright ignorant.

Quote:
I just don't like the idea of some poor kid cutting grass, or guy busting his butt overtime for six months to obtain the necessary equipment to race competitively a national event, then get squashed by a sponsered driver using equipment the next guy can't get.
You obviously have no idea what the level of competition is like at these national events. There are few, if any privateers running in the highest divisions, and if they are it is because they are experienced and have the right equipment. And this isn't a bad thing. The Factory Modified classes are meant to be an exhibition of the highest level of the hobby, showcasing the best talent, equipment, and preparation.

On top of that, this is not a cheap hobby. I always get a kick out of the people complaining about how expensive things are. What do they expect? Certainly we are lucky to be able to afford to do this--a majority of the population around the world probably isn't. Honestly, if somebody is having that much trouble affording the hobby, I would hope that they would put more important things in front of it. I know I would.

Ultimately, this--or any--industry boils down to economics, and the industry and these national competitions must be self sustaining to continue. Why hold a national event, if you don't plan to attract the best drivers with the best equipment? Companies like Novak pay a lot of money to send their drivers to these events to promote their products, and winning races with their products is some of the best promotion available. Having a pre-production product winning a race is even better--and if the rules allow it, then what the heck is the problem? The more things you disallow, the less attractive the events become, and before you know it, things start to stagnate.

Besides, there are plenty of racers using ESCs that ARE available to the public and they do just fine. Which begs the question: why are you pursuing this inane argument? So far, I have seen you be the protagonist in a number of threads, none of them useful. Opinions are fine, and opinions should be shared, but when an opinion becomes a false accusation, it is something else entirely.
Old 08-30-2004, 01:36 AM   #133
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by futureal
Gundam, you are the one that needs to grow up here. You have turned this thread into a pissing match based on rules that you either don't know or don't understand. I am all for people expressing their opinions but you have gone well beyond that long ago.

For starters, there is no rule anywhere that says prototype electronics can't be run in ROAR races here in the USA, or in IFMAR races internationally. You have called Novak's factory drivers cheaters in numerous places in this thread, which is not only wrong but downright ignorant.

You obviously have no idea what the level of competition is like at these national events. There are few, if any privateers running in the highest divisions, and if they are it is because they are experienced and have the right equipment. And this isn't a bad thing. The Factory Modified classes are meant to be an exhibition of the highest level of the hobby, showcasing the best talent, equipment, and preparation.

On top of that, this is not a cheap hobby. I always get a kick out of the people complaining about how expensive things are. What do they expect? Certainly we are lucky to be able to afford to do this--a majority of the population around the world probably isn't. Honestly, if somebody is having that much trouble affording the hobby, I would hope that they would put more important things in front of it. I know I would.

Ultimately, this--or any--industry boils down to economics, and the industry and these national competitions must be self sustaining to continue. Why hold a national event, if you don't plan to attract the best drivers with the best equipment? Companies like Novak pay a lot of money to send their drivers to these events to promote their products, and winning races with their products is some of the best promotion available. Having a pre-production product winning a race is even better--and if the rules allow it, then what the heck is the problem? The more things you disallow, the less attractive the events become, and before you know it, things start to stagnate.

Besides, there are plenty of racers using ESCs that ARE available to the public and they do just fine. Which begs the question: why are you pursuing this inane argument? So far, I have seen you be the protagonist in a number of threads, none of them useful. Opinions are fine, and opinions should be shared, but when an opinion becomes a false accusation, it is something else entirely.
So, sharing an opinion is what you call being a protaginist? So what you own the forum. But before you decide to play GOD her and judge me , you need to view my other posts! inf fact view all my posts. Yeah I may joke at times and clown around, but I try to help others with their problems as well. While we are on me being a protaginist did you see my reply to Trinityracinnut? Yeah, instead of trying to bash someone instead of providing an explaination clearer it wouldn't came to this.
I guess you may think I am one of the unfortunates who complain when they can't afford it. Your are sadly mistaken.... instead of jumping on a flaming wagon, sit back and explain yourself first. Better yet, since you are and adult, be civilized and send me a pm or rather e-mail and we can discuss this matter further.

Old 08-30-2004, 01:40 AM   #134
Tech Master

In a nutshell.

I feel much happier buying a product that has been thoroughly race tested by the world's best drivers at the world's toughest events, rather than having to do all the testing myself.

Novak are doing it right, as are so many other manufacturers.
AE have been testing new TC3 bits from day 1.
Losi have been trying all sorts with the XXXS.
Corally tried heaven knows how many configurations with their own works drivers before putting cars to the public.
X Ray produce something new every month. Not all of them hit the shops. Only those that have given results.
And as for HPI, Hara drove a prototype of the Pro 4 at the Worlds in South Africa 2 years ago, and is still developing bits.

And Novak is doing the same.

Thank goodness we are lucky enough that they do it for us!
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 06:13 AM   #135
Suspended

Quote:
Originally posted by jkerr0043
I give up. This guy obviously has issues and will never change his mind.
He doesn't have issues. He has an opinion that should be given as much respect as the next guy's.
tmeeks is offline   Reply With Quote