R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-03-2005, 12:53 AM   #466
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0rtex
Anyone had any luck soldering 12 gauge wires to thier GTX? I need to replace the wires on mine and only have the 12 gauge deans wet-noodle..

or dont bother? just get some more 14 gauge?
the differnce between the 12 & 14 gauge is very minimal, so i'd say just go with the 14.
but if it's 12 gauge you have just get the pliers & keep twisting the cable so that way it will fit the holes of the curcuit board. also make sure you iron is nice & hot so you can solder fast, you don't want to transfer to much heat into the curcuit board.
flysti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 03:04 AM   #467
Tech Adept

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw92656
I looked through each of the postings, but did not see this question asked unless I missed it. The GTX has two brake styles 1. Minimum Brake 2. Drag Brake. Can anyone explain how each one functions ? I love this product, and know there is awesome support, but there are no descriptions as to what each setting does. Once I understand the brakes, I would love to know what the other settings achieve like Drive Frequency, Minimum Drive Percentage, Minimum Brake Percentage, and Dead Band ??? Can describe this to a newbie ? Thanks
jw
Drag brake is a setting to add brake when you ease off the throttle ie when the stick (or wheel) is returning to neutral - the speedo will automatically add brake.
Minimum brake - I'm not sure - but maybe just what it says - minimum brake applied as you brake
big_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 05:07 PM   #468
Tech Regular

hey guys, i just ordered a GTX. could someone confirm that it works perfectly fine with a 3PK HRS system and a Futaba S9550 servo. has anyone had issues with this combination or will it work perfectly? thanks
adamkerrnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 05:20 PM   #469
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I've tried both HRS and spektrum with both GTX and S9550 servo with no problems.
Old 06-03-2005, 06:07 PM   #470
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've run my 3PK in HRS mode with a GTX and Futaba s9550 with no problems at all. I think I ran this combo in my EvoIV, 415, and Yokomo SD with a RaySpeed chassis. No issues that I noticed.

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 07:44 AM   #471
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I'm looking to get a button for my GTX. I took a hard shot this weekend, and the case split open and the button fell out. I searched this forumn and found that GTX replacement cases may be available soon. Has that happened yet? Where can I get a button -- or I need to, where can I get the entire case?

Thank you!
Takt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 12:21 PM   #472
Tech Master

Takt- Cases are only available through our CS department. And only one option, the entire case with button.

It's $4.75 plus shipping and handling (usually $2.50)

Email me or call our CS department.

Thanks
Charlie
Old 09-12-2005, 12:24 PM   #473
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Thank you Charlie!

You have email.
Takt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 01:20 PM   #474
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw92656
I looked through each of the postings, but did not see this question asked unless I missed it. The GTX has two brake styles 1. Minimum Brake 2. Drag Brake. Can anyone explain how each one functions ? I love this product, and know there is awesome support, but there are no descriptions as to what each setting does. Once I understand the brakes, I would love to know what the other settings achieve like Drive Frequency, Minimum Drive Percentage, Minimum Brake Percentage, and Dead Band ??? Can describe this to a newbie ? Thanks
yo,
1. minimum brakes is the amount of break thats applied at the point where the neutral position turns to breaks, the higher the % than the more or stronger the brakes are at this position
2. drag brakes are when you let of the throttle and the speed controller is in neutral it will automaticly brake slightly without you needing to apply the brakes, i personally hate this and never use it.
3. drive frequency put simply effects the punch the car has. the lower the khz number the more 'punch' it will have but it will sacrafise top speed by doing this, in stock 27t go for the lowest khz (1khz) number you can, in 19t go for somewhere towards 1khz, maybe like 2 - khz. in mod go for the highest khz number you can.
4.minimum drive is the same as minimum brakes, its just the % of the total amount of throttle applied when the neutral position turns to throttle
5.dead band is the amount of stick movement before anything happens to the throttle, eg, the higher the dead band the more you will have to move the stick for it to effect your car.

hope this helps
agower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 02:02 PM   #475
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Does anyone know how to set the GTX back to factory defaults?

Someday, I hope to be the man my dog thinks I am.
StewartFan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 02:09 PM   #476
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default GTX

isnt it just have the car off with radio on and press and hold the set button, while pressing set button, turn car on, light will flash and stay on red, release the set button, and go full throttle until solid green, then go to full brake where it will flash green, after that release throttle to neutral and will light red and be back to settings of default #3. i could be wrong, but i am pretty sure thats how to do it. go to teamnovak.com. there are the instruction manuals there.
vic0280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 02:27 PM   #477
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Yes, performing the one touch setup on the ESC will return all the settings to the default factory settings.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:30 AM   #478
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Any info on the new spec GTX?

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 10:33 AM   #479
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

This is probably the wrong place to ask but....would anyone happen to know the part number for the output wiring harness for the GT7 w/diode built in? I was at the Novak website and could not find it. I need to rewire two of my GT7s.

Thanks!

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 11:52 AM   #480
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee
So the new KO VFS-1 Pro w/ setting adapter and card I got today is junk -JB
Well, maybe Rapida guys are even more depressed than you j/k it's junk because rapida esc often dead before race begin

Seriously...... , some drivers in my home track ( hot & humid weather, 32C-34C ) have shutdown problems with VFS1 and VFS1 Pro. They must use small fan to cool the esc and pray alot so the esc is able to finish a modified race. ( 7T, 8T motors ).
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote