R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-15-2005, 09:36 PM   #436
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to RayWarner

Hey I'm having a problem with my GTX. When I get tagged or if I miss my line and I smack a board the power to the motor goes dead. I still have steering but nothing to the motor. If I turn it off and back on it works fine again. Any ideas? Ray
RayWarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 09:39 PM   #437
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

If the one touch setup button gets depressed under normal opperation it will cut power to the motor for approximately 15 seconds. This loss of power will also be accompanied by the red LED flashing to indicate an "error"

I would recommend mounting your ESC so that the button does not face the outside of your car so that impacts like that cannot accidentally hit the one touch setup button.
Old 04-15-2005, 09:43 PM   #438
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Evicerator
If the one touch setup button gets depressed under normal opperation it will cut power to the motor for approximately 15 seconds. This loss of power will also be accompanied by the red LED flashing to indicate an "error"

I would recommend mounting your ESC so that the button does not face the outside of your car so that impacts like that cannot accidentally hit the one touch setup button.

I thought of this too but it isn't in a possition to touch or get touched. I had this in a 415ms and now in a RDX with the same problems. Ray
Old 04-15-2005, 09:44 PM   #439
Tech Addict

Default wires

check to see if all of the wires are broke on the board, tug on the wires to see if any of them come out, the input harness could be damaged
lickrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 09:48 PM   #440
Tech Regular

Default Re: wires

Quote:
Originally posted by lickrim
check to see if all of the wires are broke on the board, tug on the wires to see if any of them come out, the input harness could be damaged

That I will try. Thanks! Ray
Old 04-15-2005, 09:50 PM   #441
Tech Addict

Default scuba

dude are you running 19 & mod ?
lickrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 06:41 AM   #442
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by RayWarner
Hey I'm having a problem with my GTX. When I get tagged or if I miss my line and I smack a board the power to the motor goes dead. I still have steering but nothing to the motor. If I turn it off and back on it works fine again. Any ideas? Ray
I had the same problem with one of my Cyclones years back. All it took was to open the housing and clean the electronics with a soft brush. Sand and debrid is sometimes conducting so that might be the problem/solution.

Regards
Hardriven RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 09:31 AM   #443
Tech Initiate

I had this problem and it turned out to be my receiver.
The track where I race can get very dusty and the dirt that accumulated in my receiver was messing up the connection to my GTX, I took the receiver apart, blew out the dust and now it works fine
Dan Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 09:37 AM   #444
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Reynolds
I had this problem and it turned out to be my receiver.
The track where I race can get very dusty and the dirt that accumulated in my receiver was messing up the connection to my GTX, I took the receiver apart, blew out the dust and now it works fine
Could be that to.
Hardriven RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 10:17 PM   #445
Tech Regular

Thanks, I will check all of these things when I get a chance. I have run Orange Power since I've started and have NEVER had any problems. Bet it will turn out to be my error... Ray
Old 04-16-2005, 10:34 PM   #446
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Brittle GTX Case?

After being tagged by a back marker that I was laping for a 2nd time, I noticed that my speed control was knocked loose from my car ... such that the case cracked. Has anyone else noticed that the case for the GTX is more brittle then the ones on the GT-7?

Otherwise, I love the speed control - however, I am really picky about my equipment and I hate looking at a speed control held together with fiber-tape ... it's driving me nuts.

I'm going to contact Novak and see what I need to pay for a new case.

Thanks,

Martin
duckman996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 11:50 PM   #447
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I haven't had a problem with the GTX cases cracking, but any esc case may crack if it dangled around and off the car during a race, it's good that it still works properly. I'm sure you can get it fixed by sending it in to Novak.

Just think, lots of people have to tape their quantum2 cases together when they were brand new to keep them from popping open without falling out of the car.

-WR

Riding Bikes | Skiing | Helis | Rotor Rage | Cyclone Blades | RC Trim | Dead Kat Raceway
mini-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 12:48 PM   #448
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I haven't had any problems either. GTX has been a solid performer since the first day I put it in my car.

-Korey
Old 05-21-2005, 07:04 AM   #449
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Post Hey guys...

I'm new to orange power and just put one in my Pro4. I programmed it and it works great. But I wanna know, there's a red light on all the time and my PT's light is on too but when I squeeze the throttle both lights go out. Is this normal operation? -JB

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 07:12 AM   #450
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yep that sounds normal to me. It will also flash on and off if you get bad interference.

"He who dies with the most toys wins" - Phil Harris
Jack2 is offline   Reply With Quote