Search

Novak GTX

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 07:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This looks like an awesome speedo.
Quick questions:

1. Would running a receiver pack in 12th mod still be beneficial like it is with my LRP Quantum Competition?

2. Will i maybe see less motor wear due to improved switching performance with the the mod profile?

3. Which profile setting would work well for the 12th modified carpet on-road?

Thanks
Old 09-27-2004, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

so far I hear nothing but satiesfied customers I might have to try one myself
Old 09-29-2004, 12:11 AM
Tech Master

I have just received a consignment of Novak goods, including some GTXs and Smart Trays.

Both excellent items I have to say.

I replaced the GT7 with a GTX in my 23 turn CGM. On the wildest programme it is smoother than the GT7 on the softest.

Yesterday I fitted one on another racer's TC3 - mod 8 turn. It was ballistic, whatever programme you ran. I'll be trying one on my son's TC3 this evening.

The Smart Tray really is SMART. Well done guys. What a beautiful piece of kit. I like the adjustability. In fact Ilike everything about it.

Well done Novak.

Oh, and I got a load of XRS speedos too. What a pretty little speedo. And what an excellent price too.
Old 09-29-2004, 09:58 AM
Tech Master

Johnbull- Thank you for all the kind comments. I'll pas the word along to everyone.

Darnold- With 4 cell applications you don't need to, but the servo will be quicker.

Yes, of course. Really I can't say for sure. I have not personally run a back to back test in the same car under the same conditions. Sorry.

Profile 3 works very well for all applications. You adjust according to how you want it to feel. Smother go up in profiles, more aggresive, go down in profiles. There is never a right or wrong really, it's what you think feels best, and what works on the track. Most of the team has like Profile 3 in everything. Of course there are a few that run different profiles, but its about feel and response.

I think you sent this as an email as well, thank you. That was answered first thing this morning.

Thanks Guys
Charlie
Old 09-29-2004, 10:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Charlie..

Profile 3 works great!!!
how can I get an extra heatsink from the GTX?
Old 09-29-2004, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

Like an add on heat sink?? We won't have one. If you want another stock heatsink, well, that will take a while I'm sure. I don't think they have plans to offer it as an accesory as it is put on with some sort of addhesive.

Thanks
Old 09-29-2004, 10:18 AM
JCB
Tech Addict

I ran profile #1 this past weekend in sedan stock. Car seemed to run great!
Old 09-29-2004, 10:24 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Charlie
Like an add on heat sink?? We won't have one. If you want another stock heatsink, well, that will take a while I'm sure. I don't think they have plans to offer it as an accesory as it is put on with some sort of addhesive.

Thanks
Oh well... I'll wait and see... I was just going to stick it on something else..
Old 09-29-2004, 09:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by Charlie

Thanks
Hi Charlie,. just wanted to know if there is a heatsink for the GT7 esc.... If yes, I wonder how do we fix it on the esc as the casing is plastic and I wonder how it would transfer the heat to the heatsink??? Even with other esc such as Q2, the heatsink is attached with some sort of adhesive like a 2sided tape... I think it would only be efficient if the tape are heat conductive.. As far as I know, we normally use heatsink compound whenever we use heatsink to reduce the air gap inbetween and to make the heat transfer more efficient
Old 09-29-2004, 09:11 PM
Tech Master

Hey Charlie are you the guy that comes and helps you when you ring the bell at Novak?
Old 09-30-2004, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Charlie or Steve,

Do you guys sell those translucent colored wires as an accessory? I would like to buy some. Thanks
Old 10-01-2004, 10:13 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Speed Demon
Hi Charlie,. just wanted to know if there is a heatsink for the GT7 esc.... If yes, I wonder how do we fix it on the esc as the casing is plastic and I wonder how it would transfer the heat to the heatsink??? Even with other esc such as Q2, the heatsink is attached with some sort of adhesive like a 2sided tape... I think it would only be efficient if the tape are heat conductive.. As far as I know, we normally use heatsink compound whenever we use heatsink to reduce the air gap inbetween and to make the heat transfer more efficient
I have not seen any heatsink for the GT7's and don't think there is a need for it... I haven't any problems with it overheating.

There is heat conductive tape..it is supplied with the Q2 heatsink kit. You can always cut a hole on top the the GT7 and place the Q2 heatsink.. or if a differenct color is desired..the Fut MC800 heatsink is black and Nostrom is red...

happy racin
Old 10-01-2004, 10:52 AM
Tech Master

Charlie,

Thanks for your help with GTX programming.

My CGM was consistantly half a second a lap quicker today and gave loads more duration. That's in 23 turn.

Tomorrow we try the modifieds. Now if we can get the same sort of improvement there I will be a very happy bunny !

Thanks again Charlie. That's what I call service.
Old 10-02-2004, 07:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

My GT7 decided to not turn on yesterday, so went an picked up a GTX. Wow, this thing was so smooth it almost felt slow but it was killer. The purple heatsink goes great with a Pro4
Charlie or Steve- I will be sending my GT7 to you guys, figured maybe you guys could drop kick it for me so it will work again.
Old 10-02-2004, 02:47 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

it is very thoughtful for novak to include both long and short singal wires for the GTX

the capacitor looks really big when sitting beside the speedo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.