R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-26-2011, 06:47 PM   #1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Question on a body

Hey guys, looking into buying another body. Was looking at the Ford GT, however I do not want an Ill handling body. Everyone is running either rx7 or some nissan or a Bmw at my track. Is this body good for rcgt?
DuckStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 03:31 AM   #2
Tech Elite

If you're worried on how a body will handle then you should look into touring car. Because that's not what RCGT should be all about.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:50 AM   #3
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I vote for the BMW M3 GTR!
SpeedySST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 07:34 AM   #4
2xs
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Lexus ISF
2xs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:13 AM   #5
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxxrocket View Post
If you're worried on how a body will handle then you should look into touring car. Because that's not what RCGT should be all about.
Appreciate the input, bud. I do not think I posses the skill to run with the touring car boys, therefore I would not like to be a obstacle, I just don't want an Ill handling car.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:14 AM   #6
Tech Addict

Speedy- That body must handle good, everyone's got it.

2xs- My bud just picked that body up. It looks very nice.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:54 AM   #7
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckStang View Post
Hey guys, looking into buying another body. Was looking at the Ford GT, however I do not want an Ill handling body. Everyone is running either rx7 or some nissan or a Bmw at my track. Is this body good for rcgt?
Depends entirely on your track. Open, flowing tracks look more to wedge bodies. Tighter tracks, probably less of an issue. You would be amazed at how some of the better choices for RCGT bodies for any given track get passed over because they're not "cool" or whatever. Too many people get wrapped up in brand loyalty (when is the last time you put a 17.5 Toyota in your Xray??????) or looks, and totally miss the opportunity to use body shape and wing location as a tuning tool as much as tire compound, traction compound, or anything else.

You could go with the crowd, or buy a few and actually try them! Most guys who race at more than one track see bodies as another tuning tool. They'll have some that work well for larger tracks, some for technical tracks, and some that are just general purpose.

All depends on the track, the car set up, and your personal skill and driving style. In the main, though, at 17.5 brushless/lipo speeds, body choice matters less than you would think. Heck, even the HPI Honda Odyssey minivan handles fine, even at nitro speeds!

To be certain, if there was one, or any set of bodies that had any advantage over any other........they probably wouldn't be allowed for RCGT (if that's what you're racing) as that simply goes against what RCGT is all about.

Tell us more about your chassis, motor, power set up, track size, tire spec......and you'll get more, and better qualified, answers.

Edit to add: If you can drive a 17.5 at RCGT speeds with RCGT bodies, you can drive a 17.5 Touring Car with a Touring Car body at the same speed and do just fine!

Tekin & Sweep, thanks for all that you do for you know who!

Associated/T.O.P./Mugen/Fantom/Spektrum/Savox
Buckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote