R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-12-2004, 02:14 PM   #16
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Windsorguy99
There's a good reason for that though Steve...it's because 40MHz is illegal for RC use in North America.....

just pop a new module in it and you're all set
I know, but yet I still see racers in Ottawa and Toronto on the 40mHz band and nobody blinks an eye. Go fogure. A new module is very expensive, and that's if I can even find one.
SteveM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 10:03 PM   #17
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Steve M call Hitec and ask for Glenn Merrit. He is the guy to talk to about Multiplex stuff. My hobby shop calls and orders me transmitter crytals direct from Hitec.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 09:58 AM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)
Default Re: Multiplex Profi 301 Help...

Quote:
Originally posted by Tommi Makkinen
...3. The Transmitter also came with a 600mAh ni-cd battery pack. Can i use 1100mAh Ni-mh battery packs?...
Tmak: let me start by saying - i know nothing about the multiplex profi 301

but i have a suggestion for question no. 3

if you can use 1100 batts, get powerbase cells. does it use AAs or AAAs? if AAs, i suggest that you buy 2100 or 2300 powerbase nimh cells (if you havent bought 1100s already). i got the 2100 AAs for about P90 each (they sell in packs of 4 at compex in park square 1) i dont think you need the 2300s as ive run the 2100s for a long time already in my 3PK without recharging

but if the 301 uses AAAs, disregard my post
marvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 10:16 AM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (89%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by IMPACTPLAYR
From my understanding you can use AM of FM Crystals and recievers, just make sure you don't mix crystals and recievers....meaning use Futaba AM crystals with a Futaba AM reciever, Airtronics FM crystals with an Airtronics FM reciever.... I also think there is something in the programming you must change to do so..... You should read your manual (if you got one), or order one from Multiplex.... probably even e-mail Multiplex and ask them for sure.......

Goto www.multiplexusa.com they have links to manuals for download, a support area, and links/pohone numbers to contact them.......

GOOD LUCK!!!
Thanks for the info IMPACTPLAYR
Old 08-13-2004, 10:17 AM   #20
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by wyd
I have a Multiplex 707 Profi radio. The only radio crystals you can use in your radio is Multiplex. The receiver is a different story but the radio must use only Multiplex crystals. Well at least the 707 and 403 as they can do AM and FM with the same crystals in.

As for receivers. I have a Pico 3/4 and I use the JR synthesized with the radio as well. I think pretty much any receiver will work for hou but the Hitec DCX receivers. All other receivers should be fine.

As for Radio batteries I never really tried to change mine so I would think 1100mah would work as long as the voltage output is the same as the stock 6mah battery is.
Thanks wyd
Old 08-13-2004, 10:20 AM   #21
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Windsorguy99
Brace yourself...the transmit time on the Multiplex is FAST...you may find youorself initially cutting corners short as the transmitter sends a signal to your car faster than you'd normally expect...

I was shocked a t how much of a visible difference there was between my 707 and my other radio (JR R-1) I'm now selling my R-1 and the radio I bought as a backup is now my main radio

I was shocked indeed at the speed of the reaction of my car now... i had a Futaba 3PDF and an older Futaba FM radio (the one that looks more like a brick with a steering wheel)... and their signal speeds were nowhere near as fast as the multiplex...

as far as im concerned, this multiplex is a keeper... no way im letting go of this fine radio...
Old 08-13-2004, 10:23 AM   #22
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by V12
I have my Profi Car 403 since more than a year and it came with a 1500 mAh battery. Are you really sure you have 600 mAh inside?
No doubt V12... the info is written on the batt pack, manual and box... its 600mAh indeed... i figured since this is a model 301 maybe they just put in a standard battery pack while the 403 and 707 get higher rated packs...
Old 08-13-2004, 10:25 AM   #23
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by SteveM
One of my transmitters is on 40mHz and I have no Tx crystal and no receiver. I can't even find anything here in North America so that I can use the darn thing.
if you need 40 mhz crystals, maybe i can be of help. the shop from where i bought the 301 is the dealer of multiplex in Philippines... send me a pm if you wish...
Old 08-13-2004, 06:00 PM   #24
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Multiplex Profi 301 Help...

Quote:
Originally posted by marvi
Tmak: let me start by saying - i know nothing about the multiplex profi 301

but i have a suggestion for question no. 3

if you can use 1100 batts, get powerbase cells. does it use AAs or AAAs? if AAs, i suggest that you buy 2100 or 2300 powerbase nimh cells (if you havent bought 1100s already). i got the 2100 AAs for about P90 each (they sell in packs of 4 at compex in park square 1) i dont think you need the 2300s as ive run the 2100s for a long time already in my 3PK without recharging

but if the 301 uses AAAs, disregard my post
thanks for the tip marvi. i'll check out compex today