R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-11-2004, 10:09 AM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to GundamWZero Send a message via Yahoo to GundamWZero Send a message via Skype™ to GundamWZero
Default Hacker Brushless Motors

Up till now I thought you can get either a Aveox (quite expensive) or a Novak ( still quite expensive) brushless motor system. I was reading the new 2004 touring car issue and now see a a third: Hacker Brushless Motors. Has anyone tried this new system? I wonder how good it really is.......it took an XRay to 88.2 mph with an 11-cell pack.

Also where can you find such motor system?

‎"We fight not because we hate what's in front of us...
We fight to protect whats behind us."
GundamWZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 10:41 AM   #2
Tech Addict

these things are so so fast , my m8 had a hacker 8l and it was faster than any mod motor iv ever seen. You can contact them from there site and ask them who distributes there porductshttp://www.hackerbrushless.com
John_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 10:44 AM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to GundamWZero Send a message via Yahoo to GundamWZero Send a message via Skype™ to GundamWZero

They are still working on the site.....

‎"We fight not because we hate what's in front of us...
We fight to protect whats behind us."
GundamWZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 10:53 AM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

yes the hackers are very fast. They are supposed to be comming out with a new controller very soon for cars. I had their old controller and I ran a lehner motor with it.

In terms of price, the novak is quite cheap compared to what it replaces (ESC, Motor, Comm lathe, new brushes......) I would expect the new Hacker controller to be around $200 to $240 and I think the motors are like $170. It is performance that just can't be beat by the novak system or most brushed systems. As far as I know you can buy the Hacker stuff directly from them.
Old 08-11-2004, 11:17 AM   #5
Tech Addict

when i was watching the hacker it didnt seem to have much throtle progretion , it looked like all or notihng with it . Possibly the speed controller was set up wrong though
John_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 04:21 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

It isn't real smooth from a dead stop, but after that it seems to be nice and linear.