R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-23-2011, 10:55 AM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default Which Tires for High Traction Carpet?

I'm looking for tires for a Traxxas Rally which uses the Same wheels/tires as 1/10 Touring Cars. The Rally has a higher CG than TCs and has a problem with rolling when on High traction Carpet tracks when it has Foams on it. What tires do you reccomend for that application? I'm looking more for a Rubber tire that has good traction, but not so much that it will cause the Car to roll. I'm new to Onroad, so please help!

And what wheels do you recomend as well? Are there any Carbon Fiber wheels out there?
MitchellY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:57 AM   #2
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I would think the HPI tire the RCGT crowd uses would be an excellent choice. It grips really good but not quite as hard as the typical TC slick.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:04 PM   #3
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchellY View Post
I'm looking for tires for a Traxxas Rally which uses the Same wheels/tires as 1/10 Touring Cars. The Rally has a higher CG than TCs and has a problem with rolling when on High traction Carpet tracks when it has Foams on it. What tires do you reccomend for that application? I'm looking more for a Rubber tire that has good traction, but not so much that it will cause the Car to roll. I'm new to Onroad, so please help!

And what wheels do you recomend as well? Are there any Carbon Fiber wheels out there?
Have you tried a dual compound foam for your front wheels? If your gripping to much, try a little harder compound on the outside edge.
Missle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:34 AM   #4
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

HPI X pattern is what we use racing 1/16 slash on carpet. Lots of grip, but need frequent cleaning to keep them from glazing over
ebruce is offline   Reply With Quote