R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Xevo Mini Coversion Help! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/472958-xevo-mini-coversion-help.html)

MonkeyNuts 01-19-2011 11:12 AM

Xevo Mini Coversion Help!

Hi All,
I'm looking at buying a Xevo conversion for my M05 and was wondering exactly what parts are needed on top of it. Also do you need to use the M05 diff or can a standard gear diff or TA03 one be used?

Cheers, Liam

Xevoman 01-19-2011 05:49 PM

it is design for M05 ball diff lately.
you need two 5x10 flanged bearing to make m03 diff work.
the kit required some ball cups and ball studs.

sosidge 01-20-2011 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by MonkeyNuts (Post 8513076)
Hi All,
I'm looking at buying a Xevo conversion for my M05 and was wondering exactly what parts are needed on top of it. Also do you need to use the M05 diff or can a standard gear diff or TA03 one be used?

Cheers, Liam

Which Xevo conversion?

I have a Triumph in front of me.

MonkeyNuts 01-20-2011 11:56 PM

Yeah it was the Triumph i was looking at. I fancy getting one, just not sure about wanting to spend alot on top of the kit on new diff's etc...

Liam

caltek1 01-21-2011 02:09 AM

Have you read the review here:

http://www.rc-mini.net/joomla/index.php

On the site both versions of the Xevo are reviewed, both the early and the latest.

Regards,

Calvin.

digitrc 01-21-2011 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by MonkeyNuts (Post 8521863)
Yeah it was the Triumph i was looking at. I fancy getting one, just not sure about wanting to spend alot on top of the kit on new diff's etc...

Liam

Hi Liam,

At present the Triumph does require some parts that are not found in a Tamiya M-chassis kit. Most obvious is that it uses touring size shocks, it also needs some different sized bearings.

The full list of parts needed is...

- Gear set and bearings
- Differential (M-05 ball diff recommended, although the gear diff can fit if some 5x10x4 flanged bearings are used to support the diff in the larger 10x15x4 diff bearings)
- Driveshafts and axles
- Wheel hexes and nuts
- High-torque servo saver (Tamiya #51000)
- Touring length shocks (TRF shocks #42102 recommended)
- Low profile servo (Futaba/Savox recommended)
- Body and body pins (body may need different holes drilled at rear)
- Wheels, tyres and electrics.

Bear in mind that the Triumph is much more than a conversion - it is effectively a car in its own right that needs a few Tamiya parts to complete! As well as the chassis and gearbox parts, the Triumph also has it's own fully adjustable touring-style suspension setup.

PS We are authorised UK dealers for the Xevo and have complete kits, Scirocco bodies and spares in stock, we just haven't got our online shop running yet. Drop me a line if I can help you out.

Dave

4_cell_racer 01-25-2011 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by sosidge (Post 8516774)
I have a Triumph in front of me.

Did you own the Xevo Chariot chassis? if so how does the Triumph compare to it?

I'm currently running the Xevo Chariot, and was looking to upgrade to the Triumph, but dont know if it's worth my while.

Any of you UK guys going to be Racing at Ardent Raceway this weekend?? It's the Kick Energy 2wd on road series (Mini's, F1's, Mardave's)

4_cell_racer 01-25-2011 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by digitrc (Post 8522112)
PS We are authorised UK dealers for the Xevo and have complete kits, Scirocco bodies and spares in stock, we just haven't got our online shop running yet. Drop me a line if I can help you out.

Dave

Hi Dave,

When will your online shop be open ready to take orders?

Cheers
Lee

sosidge 01-25-2011 02:57 PM

digitrc 01-25-2011 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by 4_cell_racer (Post 8545493)
Hi Dave,

When will your online shop be open ready to take orders?

Cheers
Lee

Originally Posted by 4_cell_racer (Post 8545458)
Did you own the Xevo Chariot chassis? if so how does the Triumph compare to it?

I'm currently running the Xevo Chariot, and was looking to upgrade to the Triumph, but dont know if it's worth my while.

Any of you UK guys going to be Racing at Ardent Raceway this weekend?? It's the Kick Energy 2wd on road series (Mini's, F1's, Mardave's)

Hi Lee,

I do know a couple of people that run the Chariot. I would say that the Triumph is quite a big step forward, the front suspension system is much improved, and the Triumph has bespoke fully-adjustable touring-style arms and hubs, rather than using the Tamiya parts.

I ran mine for the first time tonight at the Chippenham club meeting and TQ'd with more or less kit settings, the car was very good. Big test is this coming weekend at the CWIC (Chippenham Winter Indoor Series) where we should have up to 20 Mini racers of a pretty good standard.

I'm afraid I won't be at Ardent and I don't know of any customers that will be this time round.

In answer to your second post I hope to have the online shop running within the next couple of weeks but if you wish to place an order or make an enquiry you can contact me directly.

Dave

digitrc 01-26-2011 02:15 AM

Just made a VERY useful discovery about the Xevo Triumph...

You CAN use Tamiya mini-sized shocks on the car (TRF minis or CVA Super Minis) - simply fit the long shock ends!

With 55D tyres there is no problems with travel or ride height! :tire::tire:

4_cell_racer 01-26-2011 02:34 AM

Thanks for the replies Dave :)

My Xevo has a few mods on it... So it's not quiet standard! Ive installed the ISS which IMO really improves the front end
I've also taken the upper link plates off the front and rear and connected the upper links direct to the front and rear bulkheads.
I also run Sweep tyres (one of the rules for Ardent's Winter Series)
Pity I live so far away, would have loved to race with other Xevo's

Any chance you could send me a price list of the Triumph spares please, would like to see how much the spares are before deciding on weather I get one or stick with the Charoit

Cheers
Lee

digitrc 01-26-2011 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by 4_cell_racer (Post 8549019)
Thanks for the replies Dave :)

My Xevo has a few mods on it... So it's not quiet standard! Ive installed the ISS which IMO really improves the front end
I've also taken the upper link plates off the front and rear and connected the upper links direct to the front and rear bulkheads.
I also run Sweep tyres (one of the rules for Ardent's Winter Series)
Pity I live so far away, would have loved to race with other Xevo's

Any chance you could send me a price list of the Triumph spares please, would like to see how much the spares are before deciding on weather I get one or stick with the Charoit

Cheers
Lee

I have uploaded the list to our homepage.

Dave.

4_cell_racer 01-26-2011 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by digitrc (Post 8549564)
I have uploaded the list to our homepage.

Dave.

Thanks Dave....Prices look really reasonable

4beenevil 01-29-2011 12:05 AM

I've just got one and build it, everything i've readed about it says wheelbase is 225mm. Mine is just over 210mm. Have i build it wrong or is there different chassis?

Cheers Paul