Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
How many ppl order parts from online in stead of lhs? >

How many ppl order parts from online in stead of lhs?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many ppl order parts from online in stead of lhs?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 12:28 AM
Tech Regular

Default How many ppl order parts from online in stead of lhs?

what are your guys views?
my lhs has nothing to do with any on road guys at all. they mostly deal with back yard basher with nitro (they will order parts but up charge you $6-26 per part)
were do you guys like buying most of your parts from(not cars but just parts)?
Old 01-19-2011, 12:39 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by hotrod306
what are your guys views?
my lhs has nothing to do with any on road guys at all. they mostly deal with back yard basher with nitro (they will order parts but up charge you $6-26 per part)
were do you guys like buying most of your parts from(not cars but just parts)?
Hello
I normally order from online instead of my lhs because my lhs is either to far away, or it doesnt have the parts.
I have 1 shop where i order online ( this shope is also my lhs which i go to time to times when i really need a spare ) and another shop where they sell more important stuffs and les spare parts
Old 01-19-2011, 01:13 AM
Tech Champion

Mostly I shop online as there are no LHS near me. And the local ones mostly do not stock what I need

One place I shop online also has a trackside portable shop, but I don't race at the track it goes to, so there are two reasons why I do not usually walk into a LHS.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

i buy everything overseas from amain, tower, stormer hobbies

Always works out cheaper, im in Australia
Old 01-19-2011, 02:27 AM
Tech Addict

I order almost everything online, its cheaper and because they have all the parts I need apart from wheels and fuel.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I also by overseas as well. I found out that the prices are slightly better and only pay for shipping, no TAXES. Shipping usually takes only a week. I shop at rcmushroom.com
Old 01-19-2011, 04:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I def. order the majority online, tower, A-main, stormer, and of course Ebay.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:47 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

If I break a part, and I can get it locally I will, but that's a mission. Couldn't even get Corr truck rims locally today, everyone can órder it in' but I can do that too, and save myself some coin at the same time.

If they have what I need on the shelf, I'll grab it, but that seldom happens now. Traxxas Summits, Associated TC5's and Traxxas Slash's must be really oddball cars!
Old 01-19-2011, 05:08 AM
Tech Master

I try to get things i can locally, but when the price difference becomes too much, then i get things online. Tamiya also doesn't do a good job supplying Canada... so getting spare parts are too difficult.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Online. I Hate to say it but the customer service is horrible and they usually do not have what I need. Not worth the hassle. Easier to go on line and in 2 days it is waiting for you when you get home. You would think that a large hobby shop would bend over backwards to support the customers actually walking in with all the online shops these days. You just can't beat Amain.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default LHS

I try my best to order most parts from my LHS..
if your LHS has a track...and you use it....it is essential that you support your LHS.

try and work out a deal with the track/shop...if something is not on the shelf..and is considered Non-Stock....then maybe 25% discount...it's just an additional racer sale...
I've done it at most places I have raced at for long periods of time.

if not then Online may the only option for you.
just remember....if your track has a shop...support it..otherwise the track won't last long.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm lucky to have the biggest hobby shop in western Canada (maybe all of Canada) about 10 minutes from my house, so I get 90% of my stuff there. But I still order some stuff online.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have only one local hobby shop it is where the carpet track is. I buy from them when possible for my T/C. Their prices usually equal the shipping cost and I don't have to wait long for the part, even though they are only open a few hours, four days a week.The rest of my inventory is purchased on line for my Mo3,Mo5 and 12th scale CRC3.2r.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Before I moved I always bought parts at my lhs, because it was near and specialized on AE's TC parts.
Now I dont have an well sorted lhs near, so I order online. It is cheaper, but sometimes I have to wait up to one or two weeks for my parts...

I really like RC-Stores. It is always fun and interesting walking through them. There I feel a little bit like a kid with wide open eyes. Unfortunately the dealers have to pay everything in there and the store, too. So they are dying out because everyone can buy online. It is a little bit sad, but thats reality...
Old 01-19-2011, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Unless I am looking for a small specialty item I always buy from my lhs. But I do 99% of my "window" shopping online. Then I let my lhs know what I want and they get it for me.

Last edited by PitNamedGordie; 01-19-2011 at 10:18 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.