R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-18-2011, 12:02 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
It is not a matter of could be, it is a matter of what is. There needs to be a little more clarity on the chassis rules for each class as to what chassis kit is and is not allowed so that there is absolutely no confusion. What you don't want is for someone to come to the race with a car that is not legal for one class and they don't have the gear to change to the proper class (ie: ESC, tires, motor, etc). Not meaning to be a pain because I have a friend's F103 on loan and want to get the HPI Formula 10. If I get the HPI car, I want to make sure that I set it up for the proper class if I come to this race.
That is a good question. I can't speak for the promoter but as a guess I would think the tire size may have a lot to do with it. Tamiya style vs pancar vs what the new HPI is using. Out of the box it has the ride wheels for the F201 with rubber which is not bad. The conversion puts it with Tamiya style foam for the F104. Someone correct me if I am wrong with that. Looks like it could run 2 classes with foam and rubber just like a 103. But what do I know.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:03 PM   #17
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Quote:
It is not a matter of could be, it is a matter of what is. There needs to be a little more clarity on the chassis rules for each class as to what chassis kit is and is not allowed so that there is absolutely no confusion. What you don't want is for someone to come to the race with a car that is not legal for one class and they don't have the gear to change to the proper class (ie: ESC, tires, motor, etc). Not meaning to be a pain because I have a friend's F103 on loan and want to get the HPI Formula 10. If I get the HPI car, I want to make sure that I set it up for the proper class if I come to this race.
That was my mistake , i was thinking of the HPI super F1 which is basically a pan car. the F10 will be GP2. i am working on the rules as we speak hopefully by late tonight the next final version will be ready!
in the meantime if there are any rules or you have questions feel free to contact via PM.

the general chassis rundown is:
F1: narrow width, rubber tire on f104 (style wheels) so basically f104 and custom chassis
GP3: wide track ,foam tire f103,f104w,f109,Corally, etc this class is really for the Pan style chassis cars
GP2: narrow or wide, foam or rubber, 21.5/silver can no timing ESC
if enough show to seperate foam from rubber we will do so. any car can run in this class except for Pan f1's
GP1: box stock f104 non pro on Tamiya rubbers only. only upgrades allowed will be springs and T plates

on a side note i would love to get some WGT cars!

J, your definately not being a pain, i cant think of everything and these reminders will help in the end. i REALLY want this race to be badass in all areas, F1 deserves it. the rules will evolve as time goes on so keep em coming!
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:16 PM   #18
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Over Complex rule set = guaranteed low turn out. Simplify it.
X-Ray X1 2016, 25.5 Motor, Hobbwing X10 Stock ESC
Ko Propo EX-1 V3
tunerjetta29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:26 PM   #19
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunerjetta29 View Post
Over Complex rule set = guaranteed low turn out. Simplify it.
how is it overcomplex? its just three classes basically with a box stock class. you have 4 +classes at TC races and more than that at offroad races. right now there are basically three platforms of f1 chassis. not every one in the US runs the 21.5/silver class but if you do than GP2 is the same so you dont have to change anything. a low turnout would occur if i just said show up with a F1 and lets race. i love F1 and wouldnt go to a race with no rules. all i am trying to do is have an event where there is a class for every type of F1 out there and to make it as fair as possible. i beg to differ, i think its going to be a great turnout with some really good races!
Old 01-18-2011, 12:34 PM   #20
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

First, you have F1 as Narrow width custom chassis.... which means what? Narrow to me could be 235mm? Custom chassis meaning anything I want? My custom chassis could be pan car style, does that mean it's illegal as it clearly isn't specified? Independent suspension? 4wd? Touring car with wings bolted to both ends?

Rule sets that say "so basically like" certainly wouldn't give many people confidence in what they will be competing with when they arrive at the event.

So yes, it seems to be overly complex or vague. If your expecting to draw a national crowd.

If this is just a local event with rules you guys are used to have fun!
X-Ray X1 2016, 25.5 Motor, Hobbwing X10 Stock ESC
Ko Propo EX-1 V3
tunerjetta29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:28 PM   #21
Tech Champion

Listen guys i have already stated numerous times that the final rules are being worked on. i am only one person with two hands. so please calm down a little and just be patient.i hardly think that another couple of days is going to make a difference on what class you will run and how you will build your cars. all of the rule details are in the works, i dont really know what else to say
Old 01-18-2011, 01:33 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
Listen guys i have already stated numerous times that the final rules are being worked on. i am only one person with two hands. so please calm down a little and just be patient.i hardly think that another couple of days is going to make a difference on what class you will run and how you will build your cars. all of the rule details are in the works, i dont really know what else to say
Hey, I am cool with your reply explanation back to me. I know how it can get making rules for a class for racing. I did something similar for the SWCS series for the 8th scale GT class back in 2009. I can wait for you to review, revise, and finalize the rules the USRCF1.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:35 PM   #23
Tech Champion

Thank you so much for your patience!
Old 01-18-2011, 01:37 PM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I applaud your early rule making, disclaimer for rules in progress and smoothing out before the month of the event.

Cut him a break guys, theres a lot of F1's.

http://www.facebook.com/VancouverRRR 🏁 http://www.facebook.com/OvergearedRacing
R3VoLuTiOn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:50 PM   #25
Tech Champion

ok try this: http://usrcf1.com/index-1.html

only thing i have missing is the actual dimensions and concourse.

THIS IS NOT SET IN STONE, WE STILL HAVE PLENTY OF TIME FOR ADDENDUMS AND CHANGES
Old 01-18-2011, 02:12 PM   #26
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Now on to the parts about racing! Or more in my case the traffic everybody complains about. I can't wait for this one.

When our F1 series starts up this year we will have F1.T (Tamiya based cars) and F1.P (1/10pancars) because of the tracks here it will probably be foam only for the two carpet tracks and rubber for asphalt with the pancar F1's using foam since that's all they have anyway. So I'm good with the classes you have.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:17 PM   #27
Tech Elite

Would this chassis be considered a pan or tub chassis? You said it would be classified as GP2 but what would disqualify it from being able to run in GP3 or F1?
Attached Thumbnails
USRCF1 Formula One national event!-hpi-formula-10-chassis.jpg  
Old 01-18-2011, 02:21 PM   #28
Tech Elite

The Tamiya F201 is a 4wd chassis. Is is fair for a 4wd chassis to compete with the rest which are 2wd?
Old 01-18-2011, 03:27 PM   #29
Tech Elite

A wide F103 Tamiya and the old Wide HPI Super F1 and the Newer Corally with an associated frontend are competiting in the same class. I presently run the old F103 which could not really compete with the old HPI cars-Why the Tamiya used 1/12th tires and the Hpi used 1/10th tires. Big advantage to HPI. Now you put the new Corally against either one of these and the Corally with the tee bar and associated front end wth 1/10th tires will be the better car.
WGT-R, GT-12 Racing USA (21.5 ), Formula 1 and Home Track is 386 RaceWay,ROAR #7540.
BullFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 03:45 PM   #30
Tech Champion

Quote:
Would this chassis be considered a pan or tub chassis? You said it would be classified as GP2 but what would disqualify it from being able to run in GP3 or F1?
J that HPI car is legal in F1 and GP2, it is narrow and not a "PAN" in the sense of the Corally. as we all know the F201 cannot keep up with anything with a 21.5 or silver can UNLESS you run timing(especially on this track!) so with that being said the F201 is narrow therefore is legal for F1 and GP2.

in my opinion and on this track anyway the 103 is very competitive with the Corally cars. here is the thing, in GP3 any foam tire is legal so if you want to take your 103 and put 10sc foams on it is legal and that pretty much takes the advantage away from the corally, i dont believe the front end has an advantage over say the 109 front.

Guys there are alot of f1 cars out there , there is no way to make everyone happy and make all cars equal, lets get through this race and see what happens. one thing that will come into play which i think some of you may be forgetting is that there is no power restrictions in F1 or GP3. on a small carpet track with alot of twisties and a slow motor it is a different game as i would expect a Corally type car to dominate but as you can tell by the track pics it is just the opposite, whoever can put the most power down will have a huge advantage over corner speed, i have been racing at this track for years. its bigger than what the picture looks like

another thing to keep in mind that this series is designed for innovation. my team starts testing next week and i have some very interesting cars and setups that will be unveiled at the event. so even if your prototype isnt ready to race bring it anyway. it is time for F1 to evolve and breakaway from pan.