LRP SXX StockSpec V2 ESC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LRP SXX StockSpec V2 ESC

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 03:42 AM
Tech Addict

There will be official news about this soon also, but so you hardcore racers know first...

There's an updated software (PC/Mac side) available on the LRP website: http://www.lrp.cc/en/service/software-update/

We're happy to be first (at least I believe so...) to offer such an updater software not just for Windows PC's but now for Mac/Apple computers also!

Be aware you need new speedo firmware files (ending with "*.lrp2") for the new V2.0.2 updater also.
But the firmware itself remained the same, so v4.4 is identical as before.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Thanks.
Since I've heard that my Team Powers Plutonium 17.5 likes to be geared taller than my D3, I'm gonna go to a 3.40 fdr (92/54) and see what happens
Old 08-04-2011, 07:24 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by burito
There will be official news about this soon also, but so you hardcore racers know first...

There's an updated software (PC/Mac side) available on the LRP website: http://www.lrp.cc/en/service/software-update/

We're happy to be first (at least I believe so...) to offer such an updater software not just for Windows PC's but now for Mac/Apple computers also!

Be aware you need new speedo firmware files (ending with "*.lrp2") for the new V2.0.2 updater also.

Awesome news Reto

This will make lots of racers happy... Me included!

I DL'ed the mac version last night, I am assuming the new mac firmware is included in that Mac download? Basically all I should have to do is hook the USB adapter to the computer and the SC and push "connect" and select .LRP2?

Also when will the Touch become Mac friendly?

Thank you
Old 08-04-2011, 10:37 AM
Tech Addict

@Korgae: welcome...

You're quite correct, I suggest you read the readme file (it installs automatically during installation) as well as there is one important step during Mac installation.
The *.lrp2 files you need to download from the website separately, the firmware files do not come with the Mac (or Windows) software but the *.lrp2 are btw identical for Mac & Windows.

Let me know in case of trouble, but with the beta tester guys there were none anymore with either of the V2.0.2 installation packages...
Old 08-04-2011, 10:58 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This is awesome, makes me happy I went with the LRP over the Tekin. Ordered the bridge and am downloading the MAC version now! Thanks!!
Old 08-04-2011, 12:22 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

That's great news Reto! Mac support in RC is basically unheard of.

Are you guys working on anything new for the boosted profiles? Or has development on that slowed as we seem to transition back now to the unboosted classes.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default Do I need this

Hi all...What exactly is this for?
Im using the current 4.4..and quiet happy with it..
Old 08-05-2011, 12:59 PM
Tech Addict

No point for you then to further update, if you're on 4.4 already of course. But the new updater is faster, more stable, easier to use and of course available for Windows & Mac.
So, for future updates (there will for sure be further updates above 4.4 at some stage) you'll need the new updater.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Unhappy Help..

So, I was going around a turn on the track and all of a suddend the truck stopped... I assumed it was my LiPo cut off and I needed to change the battery. I thought this was weird because I was not out near as long as my batteries usually last and the truck was running fine. I installed a new battery and nothing. The SSX V2 will not respond. So, I tried another fresh battery and same thing. I waited an hour and still no luck. Any ideas on what the problem would be? I have not had this unit but for a week now... About 7 batteries through it is all.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:58 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by duartev
hi,
my setup
SXX StockSpec V2 (3-5-5-0)
LRP X12 13,5T (ºººº) (75ºCelcius)
chassis: T3, FDR: 6.13 (84/26t)
battery: VTEC 5300mAh/40C

Track: Asphalt, quick, grip, big, 65meters strait (Cancela - Funchal)
rcmadeira.com/pistas/cancela/
I need more speed exiting the corners,
should I change the motor timing?
if I change it, do I have to reduce the pinion
should I increase the Fell or the Boost?

thanks for any help
Hi,
have tried today, decrease pinion to 20T (84Tgear) and changed timing from ºººº to ººº and increased the boost to 7, but almost same times for lap, but a little bit of more speed exiting corners.
Should I increase the timing to ºº and decrease the pinion to 18T?

New setup:
SXX StockSpec V2 (3-5-7-0)
LRP X12 13,5T (ººº) (65ºCelcius) (it has a LRP fan)
chassis: T3, FDR: 7.98 (84/20t)
battery: VTEC 5300mAh/40C

I would like to know what setup (esc settings, gear and pinion) the top drivers use, do they use the standard firmware in this case 4.4?

PS: other racer with same chassis and a GM esc and motor is 0,5s faster

Thanks for any advise
Old 08-08-2011, 04:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Reto, Does the new update for the Windows version make it x64 compatible?
Old 08-08-2011, 05:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lewis4x4
So, I was going around a turn on the track and all of a suddend the truck stopped... I assumed it was my LiPo cut off and I needed to change the battery. I thought this was weird because I was not out near as long as my batteries usually last and the truck was running fine. I installed a new battery and nothing. The SSX V2 will not respond. So, I tried another fresh battery and same thing. I waited an hour and still no luck. Any ideas on what the problem would be? I have not had this unit but for a week now... About 7 batteries through it is all.
Did you try setting the speedo up again? do you have steering response from the servo? What happens on the speedo when you hit the throttle?
Old 08-08-2011, 07:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Just installed update tool 2.2 on my laptop and it installed without any errors or warnings regarding 32-bit vs 64-bit. The driver did pop up a warning but you can "force install" and it looks to work correctly. Will try updating firmware 4.4.lrp2 tonight...
Old 08-08-2011, 07:30 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Here is a good setting for 13.5 (D3)

1- #3
2- #9
3- #8
4- 0

motor timing 1 notch back from max

FDR 7.11

motor temps 160
Old 08-08-2011, 09:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jerry P
Did you try setting the speedo up again? do you have steering response from the servo? What happens on the speedo when you hit the throttle?
Jerry, when I connect the battery and flip the switch, I get nothing... Not even the ESC fan comes on. Honestly, it must be dead but I have only had this unit for a little over a week and only around 5 batteries through it...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.