LRP SXX StockSpec V2 ESC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LRP SXX StockSpec V2 ESC

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 07:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Anyone have some settings(esc and roll out) for boosted LRP 10.5, i race in irregular asphalt, not straight lines...also some advices...
Old 05-31-2011, 03:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CraigM
Sorry to dig this up again but I was rewiring my sxx last night and I had this thought.

Reto,
Would it be possible/sensible to have the PCB holes open on one side in a U shape like the X12 motors instead of having closed holes? It would be a lot easier to solder that way and I'm guessing there would not be any significant loss
Could always just dremel out the holes yourself. In fact, I think I might just do that, thanks for the idea!
Old 06-01-2011, 12:24 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up Just ran for first time...was expecting less....

This past Tuesday I went to Ardent Raceway to spend the day testing the SS in Xray'11. I'm there about 2x week. I race x3 or 4 a week. I usually do this for any new speed control that I try...ie Tekin and older models of LRP. I was not sure what software I had, 4.2 or 4.4, but after some testing with a fan and without it, it seems that I'm on 4.2. I have the LRP Radial Heatsink Fan, LRP X12 13.5 w/4dot and 65c Fat Cobra. Charge at 7amps to 8.44 peak.

All runs done on 6.0 FDR. It just seemed perfect. I was setting it up on really old tyres so lots thought my car was off. Initially I ran 0251, then back down 0231 in practice.

New tyres on.....Then first A-round came, I TQ'd out of the whole club (1 lap on everyone), then RD 2 same thing, RD 3 I put the boost up to 5 and whaaam clipped a corner off, RD 4 TQ'd again. No finals on Tuesday's just qualifiers. Overall, I was a lap on everyone.

Wacker, who put up a post on here was SPOT on with his recomendations. I left LRP after the last SS Red Dot ESC. I went to Tekin to get speed. While I have had this Tekin I have also hung/listened around quite a few Team Drivers, even Hara showed up with Andy Moore one day. Words that I keep hearing are SpeedPassion and HobbyWing (both the same)...but with this new LRP SS V2, oh man, once this ESC takes hold it will be the talk of the town.

Well done LRP! I like this 4.2 software but looking even more forward to 4.4 when I can get it. Hopefully, soon.

Michael J.

PS: Are you one of those people who have a car on the track that has blistering torque that everyone has their eyes on. They are looking at it cause your crashing all the time and over shooting apexes. Slow it down to go fast! LoL...

Last edited by MeBeMikey; 06-01-2011 at 12:27 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-01-2011, 12:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigM
Sorry to dig this up again but I was rewiring my sxx last night and I had this thought.

Reto,
Would it be possible/sensible to have the PCB holes open on one side in a U shape like the X12 motors instead of having closed holes? It would be a lot easier to solder that way and I'm guessing there would not be any significant loss

+1
Old 06-01-2011, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hi guys, i was programming my speedo to my radio today and accidentally calibrated it backwards, making forward the brake and brake was acceleration, i tried re-calibrating it but the esc will not go into calibration mode. Any ideas? Thanks
Old 06-02-2011, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Does anyone have or able to provide ARUN MISRA's & Bob Stelflue's 17.5 boosted settings from the Reedy Race ??
Old 06-02-2011, 07:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B4james
Does anyone have or able to provide ARUN MISRA's & Bob Stelflue's 17.5 boosted settings from the Reedy Race ??
Bob told me he was running, 0-4-11-4 at 6.2, X-12 with 3dot with a fan on the motor.

Going to give it a try next time out.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B4james
ARUN was running 0-4-11-2......6.0 final with 2 dot and fan
Old 06-02-2011, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Thanks guys that's awesome, will do some testing tomorrow
Old 06-03-2011, 12:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Question about mode2. why would x12 and other motor brands make a difference?
Old 06-03-2011, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default Mode 2

The x12 are have heaps of torque..
Hence the low numbers..
Im still testing..Very strange settings with the X12, 17.5 as to other motors..Just dont use #12 on mode 3..Its a motor killer...A D3 lasted 1 minute..
Wont tell my final fdr..as There is a spy watching this page,,But I can tell you..Its a very low number which I have never ran...and its very cold.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by over gear
Question about mode2. why would x12 and other motor brands make a difference?

Pay attention to the instruction manual that comes with the speed control. The X-12 motor is a different breed of cat with the timing positions. LRP has developed unique "feel" maps for that motor in different winds. These maps are in the low number range. Maps for the other type motors, including the X-11, are in the higher number range for "feel". Also pay attention to the boost settings. Odd number boost maps are for slow ramping timing and the even number boost maps are for fast ramping timing. If the motor runs hot, drop from the fast boost ramp to the slow boost ramp (even number to odd number) and see how well it runs.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by davidl
This information is to help those that will venture into the true stock racing in 1/12 scale without the boost parameters in affect. Use the SXX Stock Spec in blinky mode with the LRP X-12 17.5 motor. The motor was set to 4 dot timing...
I have the SXX SS v2 with the X-12 17.5 motor to run in the 1/12th non boosted class. Love how small the SXX is with the built in 1-cell BEC booster.

My question is this: why am I reading so much about people using the 4 dot motor timing insert? Having tested the Tekin RS with their 17.5 motor, and the Novak Havoc 1S with their Ballistic 17.5 motor, it was always better to put a lot of timing into the motor. Haven't run this LRP combo yet, but I by default changed it to the no-dot or +10 degree timing setting. Now as I go through the threads I am surprised to see mostly retarded timing (which I had tested on the other motors but it never performed better on the track).

Is the thought that this prevents fades at the end? Is this motor different in some way? Guess I'll test it at the track in a couple weeks, but would like to hear people's thoughts.

Thanks.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dread Pirate
I have the SXX SS v2 with the X-12 17.5 motor to run in the 1/12th non boosted class. Love how small the SXX is with the built in 1-cell BEC booster.

My question is this: why am I reading so much about people using the 4 dot motor timing insert? Having tested the Tekin RS with their 17.5 motor, and the Novak Havoc 1S with their Ballistic 17.5 motor, it was always better to put a lot of timing into the motor. Haven't run this LRP combo yet, but I by default changed it to the no-dot or +10 degree timing setting. Now as I go through the threads I am surprised to see mostly retarded timing (which I had tested on the other motors but it never performed better on the track).

Is the thought that this prevents fades at the end? Is this motor different in some way? Guess I'll test it at the track in a couple weeks, but would like to hear people's thoughts.

Thanks.
The X12 motors work different, and have enough timing by default with 4dot than others.
Sometimes 3dot is ok for blinky, in 1s too.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
The X12 motors work different, and have enough timing by default with 4dot than others.
Sometimes 3dot is ok for blinky, in 1s too.
x2

True in both onroad/offroad

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.