R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-11-2011, 11:23 AM   #286
Tech Regular

Tks a million worked perfectly !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBSpence View Post
Yes...the software tool should have installed fine, but driver does not. So, install software first, then go to Device Manager (in Control Panel), right click on the LRP device, select Update Driver Software, select Browse my computer for driver software, click the Browse button and navigate to "C:\Program Files (x86)\LRP\Firmware Update Tool\USB Bridge Driver\win2k_winxp", click Next and you should get a Windows Security popup about not being able to verify the publisher, click Install this driver software anyways. Should work now.
Pro Models is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:27 AM   #287
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryh View Post
I raced at West London yesterday, which is a medium/large outdoor track and tried running 3,4,7,1 with an X12 13.5 with 4 dot insert, geared at 5.0:1 (Ver 4.4). The car lacked punch and top end, temps were about 54c. Kept the FDR at 5.0:1 and kept mode 1 & 4 at 3 & 1, tried different combinations for 'feel' and 'boost', 3&7, 3&9, 3&11, 4&9, 4&11, each run had the same result, too slow to 'pick up', and temps were about the same.
For the final leg, I geared at 5.62:1, put in the 3 dot insert and used 4&7, the car had far more ‘punch’ and .5sec faster per lap! temp was 64c so still not hot. Still have some way to go before getting near a better lap time, next time will try gearing at 6.0:1 and see how it goes.

From my own experience, using the 4 dot insert for best performance wasn't the case, the 3 dot was much better. I would like to try again with the 4 dot insert, but would gear at around 7.0:1 to try and get the motor spooling up faster.
I've not tried mine outdoors, my local track is Aldershot and I run 4.7 with a GM. When I tried the older Stock Spec outdoors it wasn't as fast as the GM's, Tekins etc that's what I'm worried about with the new V2 I was going to try 5.0fdr at Aldershot but if your saying it lacked top end and punch at WL then I'm not sure what gearing I'll try
S.A.W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:11 PM   #288
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrek54 View Post
Hi terry
try 4, 9, 7.3fdr
Geoff
Thanks Geoff

West London is a lot larger than Maritime, so I think nearer 7.0:1 with the 4 dot insert might be a bit safer. I'm going to try and get there Thursday and have a play around some more, I'll certainly start with what your using, your cars looks really fast
terryh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:24 PM   #289
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.A.W View Post
I've not tried mine outdoors, my local track is Aldershot and I run 4.7 with a GM. When I tried the older Stock Spec outdoors it wasn't as fast as the GM's, Tekins etc that's what I'm worried about with the new V2 I was going to try 5.0fdr at Aldershot but if your saying it lacked top end and punch at WL then I'm not sure what gearing I'll try
I can only say that gearing at 5.0:1 didn't work for me at WL, although I only tried it with the 4 dot insert, it will certainly be much faster with the 3 dot insert. I know others, shreck54 for example has got his as fast as the GM's and Tekins, which proves the SXX V2 Stock Spec has the ability to compete with the best out there. It's just a case of getting the right combination of FDR and timing for each track, and to achieve this we need track time. I dont want to cook my motor or speedo so will not do anything too radical.

All I can say is try it and see, it might work for you, if, like me, you find it dosen't spool up fast enough, then keep dropping a pinion size untill you feel happier, but make sure you check your temp after 2 minutes.
terryh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:47 PM   #290
Tech Adept

HI guys,

I plan to the LRP STockSpec Sxx V2 along with LRp X12 10.5T. I hear romour saying it got cogging problem out of the box even with the same brand of Motor, where in the past LRP claimed that their stockspec ESC (Ver1 MK3) only cog when use other brand of motor. If i were to go ahead and purchase it, do i need to update the firmware to solve cogging problem (if there is any)? Thanks
Bullz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:01 AM   #291
Tech Regular

Default no cogging problems

i have 2 of these and know a number of other guys who have them and no problem with cogging.
I would update with the 44 software asap as esc runs smoother and motor is cooler .Would also advise buying the 1s rotor.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:47 PM   #292
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellan View Post
i have 2 of these and know a number of other guys who have them and no problem with cogging.
I would update with the 44 software asap as esc runs smoother and motor is cooler .Would also advise buying the 1s rotor.
Thanks for the info.
Bullz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 01:01 AM   #293
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Whatever we're uploading to these ESC's, it sure doesn't look like firmware. I think it's just timing maps. I want the program that lets me create my own timing maps to upload.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:27 PM   #294
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to skrichter

Quote:
Originally Posted by burito View Post
We know the software works flawless on 32Bit computers, 64Bit is a bit strange and we currently test different approaches to make it work on 64Bit as well. I know of a few people who have succesfully installed it on 64Bit machines as well, but it doesn't work everywhere and we need to understand why.
The software is not working on WinXP or Win7. We have tried multiple computers and multiple V2 speed controls -- all the same message -- " No USB bridge was found."

Please help as this is extremely frustrating, after waiting months for the USB device.
skrichter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 02:10 PM   #295
Tech Regular

Mine works with XP, Vista and 7 Starter.

When you install it find the LRP folder on your pc and then you must click on 'USB Bridge Driver Installation' and follow the instructions. Should work then.

HTH
S.A.W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 04:39 PM   #296
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrichter View Post
The software is not working on WinXP or Win7. We have tried multiple computers and multiple V2 speed controls -- all the same message -- " No USB bridge was found."

Please help as this is extremely frustrating, after waiting months for the USB device.
Check your Device Manager. I'm guessing you will see the LRP Bridge device with a yellow exclamation next to it. If that is the case, try following my instructions in post #283
BBSpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:27 AM   #297
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Is it normal to have to do the set up of the esc after the firmware has been updated? After installing the new firmware I wanted to make sure the esc still worked. Had steering, but no throttle. Went ahead and did the esc setup and all was good. No where in the instructions does it say that the esc set up needs be done after the firmware has been installed. Or maybe I didn't see it?!?
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:41 AM   #298
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to skrichter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBSpence View Post
Check your Device Manager. I'm guessing you will see the LRP Bridge device with a yellow exclamation next to it. If that is the case, try following my instructions in post #283
Yes, worked like a charm. Interesting how everyone has to do this extra step. Thx!
skrichter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:27 AM   #299
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Is it normal to have to do the set up of the esc after the firmware has been updated? After installing the new firmware I wanted to make sure the esc still worked. Had steering, but no throttle. Went ahead and did the esc setup and all was good. No where in the instructions does it say that the esc set up needs be done after the firmware has been installed. Or maybe I didn't see it?!?
Did you re-calibrate after the update ?

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:07 PM   #300
Tech Regular

Hi guys i tried 3-5-7-1 with a 13.5 x12 at 4.75 however lacked some initial punch and top end compared to my friends GM75 and 13.5 (thats the combo i used before). Temp was around 65deg c and 4 dot insert timing. I increased the boost profile to 8 with same gear ratio however at the end of the 5min run i noticed some fading and in fact the motor went up to 100deg on the non fan side and around 80 on the fan side. Both punch and to end increased.

What do u recommend my next step should be keep the 3-5-7-1 and go to 3 dot insert ? or any other ideas. I drive out doors with a 150ft straight and temps are around 16-20 deg at the mom.

Appreciate any help.
Pro Models is offline   Reply With Quote