R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   isnt the .................. (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/47038-isnt.html)

HEWITT 08-06-2004 12:59 PM

isnt the ..................

tell me everyone ...that the main cars that are mostly winning are the pro4? and the tc3? and the xray fk?

TL_XXX-S_racer 08-06-2004 01:01 PM

and dont forget the XXX-S :nod:

True R/C Racing 08-06-2004 01:05 PM

Re: isnt the ..................

Originally posted by tc3 pro
tell me everyone ...that the main cars that are mostly winning are the pro4? and the tc3? and the xray fk?
Why does it matter? :lol: Dont forget the mi2 too:D

Qwiglee 08-06-2004 01:05 PM

...and the Tamiyas.

FW-05RR 08-06-2004 01:14 PM

the 415's

dracy69 08-06-2004 01:40 PM

well the pro 4 did become the national champion but atsushi hara is what made that happen it isnt always the cars (even though i love the pro 4 and even though i dont have one yet)

X2 08-06-2004 02:03 PM

It does mostly depend on the driver, look at Hara for instance im sure he would win with anyone of the cars you mentioned.
Any one of those cars can do just as well as the other in the right hands, just some maybe easyer to get started up with a good set up.
My personal experiences are that Pro4 is easyer to get set up, Has much better build qaulity and much more consistant handling than my TC3, cant think of a single advantage of my TC3 over my Pro4 actually...
The Xray looks like a very nice kit but it is dearer than the other options - overall, they are all capable of winning in the right hands just some are more expensive and harder to get parts for than others - see what every1 else uses at your local track and go from there.

Neil Rabara 08-06-2004 10:45 PM

There isn't any one dominant car.

Chazz 08-07-2004 05:05 AM

Basically i do ok and get in the c finals sometimes the b finals with a good car but most of the electrics are secondhand but they are top quality, some people buy pro4's etc, new tyres after every, the best batteries and the best handset/radio and the get in the e and the d finals. just proves that you can do well with any thing as long as you can drive it without crashing :tire:

pheyhoe 08-07-2004 05:10 AM

yeah whatever time gained by faster steering response can be more than lost by just going a few centimeters wide in a corner to be honest. i think a quicker servo helps if your on a really twisty track but i dont think the equipments reponse time increases your performance by any margin. other benefits of having decent radio gear is getting the damn servo centered properly.

Sleighty 08-07-2004 05:30 AM

All the cars are as good as each other to be honest, all of them have won major races and continue to do so.

It comes down to drivers basically

Wency_TA03R-PRO 08-07-2004 08:06 AM

very well explanation there.. honest and true answer.. I carry on that.. bottom line its all in the racer/driver how does he handle the race track considering these cars are fully hop-up and is race set-up... :nod: :tire:

S-T-R-l-K-E-R 08-07-2004 05:35 PM

in my opinion you cant go wrong with any manufacturer as long as the kit you get is the top of the line.

The Black Kat 08-07-2004 10:27 PM

Originally posted by Chazz
but most of the electrics are secondhand
Aww...Theres nothing wrong with that. I gotta do the same thing

Its all about driver and equipment....Probably 85% driver & 15% equip....I don't think Barry Baker or Mike Blackstock would be able to do as well as they do with my equipment

Sleighty 08-08-2004 01:58 PM

If you buy a top spec car then you cant go wrong, of course some kits have minor faults in design and manufacture etc. But those are only small bugs which are usualy ironed out in the cars first year of competition.

I think as far as top races go, the range of cars and drivers that are winning these days I honestly couldnt pick out a car which is dominant or wins more than others. About a year ago I would have said the TC3 seems to win the most but now anything and everything has won and is winning