R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-11-2011, 04:24 PM   #106
Tech Adept

That is good Ron but I hope it dosent go up the river and thru the woods. Just hope the boosted stuff has a home, other than MOD.

Team Epic , Team Catch Me
BigTrucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:31 PM   #107
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairy View Post
it's all about the kinder gentler world we live in. where we don't want johnny feeling bad about himslef because he didn't win.
We want EVERYTHING to be equal in every respect. I think that ROAR is missing the true problem here...let's not just limit the ESC's,we should only have one car,one ESC ,one motor,one servo,one battery and one radio. That way everybody will be on the same playing field...........AND THE FAST GUYS WILL STILL BE FAST AND THE SLOW GUYS WILL CRY FOWL!

oh yea and only one set up on the car.
Agreed. It's a problem in our society where we can't accept someone has more natural talent than another. If you aren't better than average at something you have some disorder or disability or the other person is cheating....... I guess people can't accept their own shortcomings.

But on the technology note it is important to give Joe Blow a somewhat level playing field against the Sponsored guys. He shouldn't have to have to have extra talent or skill to overcome the advantage that the pro driver gets from special software or manufacturer tweaks. Thats why only publicly available SPEC profiles should be allowed to be run, and thoroughly checked by tech.
X-Ray X1 2016, 25.5 Motor, Hobbwing X10 Stock ESC
Ko Propo EX-1 V3
tunerjetta29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:36 PM   #108
Tech Initiate

Software is just another area of car setup that I found fascinating. Spec racing can be very intellectual which is what makes it so fun. Last year we saw alot of pros drop down to spec and add more competition to the race. Many racers enjoyed running two classes of sedan and added to entries and profit. It sounds like ROAR has already made up their mind so whats left, we all know this will affect every track out there. So all we can do is adjust like we have done so many times before. I hate change but cant seem to stop it.

Spec R.I.P.
A.B.R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:36 PM   #109
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress View Post
I guess I'll go buy a "cheap" speedo and go race the "21.5 unboosted on a 175x80 track with no walls" class Fairtrace suggested.
Sure....why not.
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:51 PM   #110
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunerjetta29 View Post
Agreed. It's a problem in our society where we can't accept someone has more natural talent than another. If you aren't better than average at something you have some disorder or disability or the other person is cheating....... I guess people can't accept their own shortcomings.

But on the technology note it is important to give Joe Blow a somewhat level playing field against the Sponsored guys. He shouldn't have to have to have extra talent or skill to overcome the advantage that the pro driver gets from special software or manufacturer tweaks. Thats why only publicly available SPEC profiles should be allowed to be run, and thoroughly checked by tech.
I am an out of pocket average driver and I don't have a problem with the new technology and i'm over 50. This is a buch of hooey about trying to take out a section of technology that some find hard to understand.
You are defined in life by how you respond to defeat!
hairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:54 PM   #111
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin K View Post
If its 20 entries....Mod might never be run again in the US.

Also Tekin isnít the only Mfg that makes a boosted ESC...there are plenty of other companies that will have their ESC black listed.

I should have added the "Tekin Crusaders"....that will fight to the death to keep their Tekin in at all cost....no matter what the fight its always against Tekin!!!!
My suggestions are not specific numbers, just mere examples. 2 Heats seems like a reasonable number to make it a "National class". If the class is not popular enough to have a turnout, then you eliminate it from the particular event's roster. You don't dissolve the class, you simply not run it.

I was also using Tekin as an example since they are what seems to be more popular in the timing classes, but it also applies to Speed Passion, Hobby Wing and others. I guess I should have specified it so that people that lack reading comprehension, such as yourself, would not take the words literally. I am by no means a "Tekin Crusader". I make a living from manufacturing and developing RC products and rule changes as such put the jobs of many small and medium sized business employees and owners at stake.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:57 PM   #112
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post
My suggestions are not specific numbers, just mere examples. 2 Heats seems like a reasonable number to make it a "National class". If the class is not popular enough to have a turnout, then you eliminate it from the particular event's roster. You don't dissolve the class, you simply not run it.

I was also using Tekin as an example since they are what seems to be more popular in the timing classes, but it also applies to Speed Passion, Hobby Wing and others. I guess I should have specified it so that people that lack reading comprehension, such as yourself, would not take the words literally. I am by no means a "Tekin Crusader". I make a living from manufacturing and developing RC products and rule changes as such put the jobs of many small and medium sized business employees and owners at stake.

if you don't mind, what is the mane of your company?
You are defined in life by how you respond to defeat!
hairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:01 PM   #113
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

This is stupid, Tekin saved ALL of us $200 on black diamond speedos by getting their boosted software to us for free, and now all ROAR can do is make them look like the bad guy.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:02 PM   #114
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairy View Post
[/COLOR]
if you don't mind, what is the mane of your company?
its in his signature.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:07 PM   #115
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Reflex Racing. We specialize in small scale RC, specifically Mini-Z. In the world of 10th Scale, I am merely a customer and racer. I am not sponsored, nor do I represent any larger scale manufacturers. Reflex is in my signature because I own Reflex. Avid is in my signature because David Joor, who owns it, is a very close friend of mine.

My suggestions have worked in the world of 1/28th scale racing. Year to year, the market fluctuates and there are tons of different combinations and configurations that can be run. Mini-Z is very global, and every part of the World seems to like different classes, with similar, yet different rules. Having an "inclusive" approach has helped us achieve a level of "fair play" in which more or less the local clubs dictate what is run at their individual events. In turn, a lot of the people that travel to events usually accommodate themselves to the rules and classes offered at each individual event. In the end it all seems to work out for the best and the turnouts always maximize entries in relationship to the more popular classes in the area.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:10 PM   #116
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

smells like caca... mandating a whole new speedo is total garbage. what in the hell is wrong with having the current line of blinky mode speedos?

I seen this movie... private company develops superior product through the hard work and dedication of its creative smart talented employees. product is brought into the free market where it flourishes over its competition. brother senior grande has to protect his flock and steps in to make everything right and restore order.

Last edited by rcko; 01-11-2011 at 05:22 PM.
rcko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:12 PM   #117
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Thumbs down "This Blows!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
This is stupid, Tekin saved ALL of us $200 on black diamond speedos by getting their boosted software to us for free, and now all ROAR can do is make them look like the bad guy.
It's actually worse than that..........When 2012 Dawns and the RS/RS Pro's are "Outlawed", this in effect, will "Hollow-Out" the remaining Value left in these ESC's!

"Every Cemetery in Chicago Votes Democrat!"
el salvador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:13 PM   #118
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
+10. tekin saved use more than that if you had an LRP sx, sxp, xyz.....
Old 01-11-2011, 05:15 PM   #119
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

I don't know what everyone is bickering about. Haven't you all seen the movie 2012?
Old 01-11-2011, 05:15 PM   #120
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by el salvador View Post
It's actually worse than that..........When 2012 Dawns and the RS/RS Pro's are "Outlawed", this in effect, will "Hollow-Out" the remaining Value left in these ESC's!
forcing me to replace perfectly good ESC's is expected to increase my level of enjoyment?