Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-11-2011, 03:41 PM   #91
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie View Post

I want to be a honorary Tekin Crusader.

Someone had a good post earlier in the thread that mentioned Tekin could release software that could take away the programmable features. This could stop people from needing to buy a new ESC. However the software would have to leave the ESC "castrated" sorta speak otherwise it would still be programmable.
no prob Steve....I will make you a shirt!!!

Sure I dont see why they couldnt do it.

Also these rules are still being worked on....so nothing is written is stone. Plus they didnt say for sure if this was for ALL stock classes or just for the Lowest Stock class.....again this all needs to be cleaned or cleared up....then we can all get back to fighting about whats what and why this is all against Tekin.......ohh yeah and we should all run Mod.

Hey where is that Trans AM martyr.....Ohhh yeah there he is with his cats!!
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:45 PM   #92
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

It is unfortunate that manufacturers have finally seemed to find some compromise to make the public happy by adding a SPEC mode to the adjustable ESC's only to have ROAR come out and say it simply isn't good enough.

I can completely understand if extensive testing has been done to show that these ESC's are showing a spec configuration when not in a spec profile, or some other nonsense, but ROAR has produced nothing that shows these ESC's are anything but equivalent to a stock spec ESC. Meaning no rule changes should be needed?

ROAR rules should be that the ESC's must be using publicly available SPEC profiles approved by the organization. After the qualifying and races the Tech will take the top 3 finishers and 2 randomly picked cars from the field which will be hooked to a PC to confirm the ESC software version and profile used if it is anything but the ROAR approved SPEC software version the driver is disqualified from the event.

Seems pretty straight forward and doesn't cost any racers anything?

How hard is that?
X-Ray X1 2016, 25.5 Motor, Hobbwing X10 Stock ESC
Ko Propo EX-1 V3
tunerjetta29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:48 PM   #93
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammincrtjames View Post
Thank god Snowbirds is not a ROAR event. What is wrong with having 1 speed control handle both options by pressing a few buttons. How did this suddenly become a problem? Now if you want to run 2 classes at a ROAR event you need 2 speed controls and or 2 cars? Who wants to take their electronics out every time you switch classes.
Unless it has changed since the last time I went to the Nats you are limited to one class per scale. So you wouldn't have to worry about switching electronics because you only have one chassis.
"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's the determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of laying it down - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek to beat ass."

-Espo
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:58 PM   #94
Tech Adept

The reason for this rule change is because one company has a stronghold on all the boosted classes, hence the reason to take them away. We cant have one company monopolizing the boosted classes.

Team Epic , Team Catch Me
BigTrucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:59 PM   #95
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunerjetta29 View Post

I can completely understand if extensive testing has been done to show that these ESC's are showing a spec configuration when not in a spec profile, or some other nonsense, but ROAR has produced nothing that shows these ESC's are anything but equivalent to a stock spec ESC. Meaning no rule changes should be needed?
That's kinda what happened....

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:00 PM   #96
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragont View Post
isnt it spec class should included the motor also...meaning 0 timing?
27 turn brushed motors were set at 24 degrees so it only makes sense.
flyintrtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:00 PM   #97
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin K View Post
That company does already.....so does Speedpassion and LRP....if they are legal with these new rules then I guess the only one on the outside looking in is....Tekin. You and the rest of the Tekin Crusaders will have to buy a cheap ESC or sit back and complain on the internet some more....I think the latter will do for the likes of you.
I guess I'll go buy a "cheap" speedo and go race the "21.5 unboosted on a 175x80 track with no walls" class Fairtrace suggested.
"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's the determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of laying it down - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek to beat ass."

-Espo
Old 01-11-2011, 04:07 PM   #98
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to Ron Goetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTrucks View Post
The reason for this rule change is because one company has a stronghold on all the boosted classes, hence the reason to take them away. We cant have one company monopolizing the boosted classes.
Its funny you say that since Kevin won the last 2 big north-east races in super stock running the new LRP. It's only a matter of time till everyone catches up.
Ron Goetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:07 PM   #99
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
That's kinda what happened....
Data?
X-Ray X1 2016, 25.5 Motor, Hobbwing X10 Stock ESC
Ko Propo EX-1 V3
tunerjetta29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:09 PM   #100
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

wait,

we already have a non-boost class,

we have 3 touring classes:

mod

spec

so, they are eleiminating a class not adding one.

What is dumb is the idea that a slow first timer should have a special class at the Nationals. Nationals SHOULD ONLY BE THE TOP DRIVERS IN THE COUNTRY, not Joe blow

we have a first time class it's called Novice.

ROAR: not everyone can be fast, sorry
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:12 PM   #101
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayL View Post
What is dumb is the idea that a slow first timer should have a special class at the Nationals. Nationals SHOULD ONLY BE THE TOP DRIVERS IN THE COUNTRY, not Joe blow...
I agree, but that logic only stands if the races are selling out. Right now they need to have all the classes to draw enough people to make the event worth putting on.

-Espo
Old 01-11-2011, 04:14 PM   #102
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Goetter View Post
Its funny you say that since Kevin won the last 2 big north-east races in super stock running the new LRP. It's only a matter of time till everyone catches up.
Great Job Kevin H, awsome guy and could drive a shoebox to the A main on three wheels. I think LRP had to come out with a whole new speedo to get that done. Props to Tekin for the free upgrades.

Team Epic , Team Catch Me
BigTrucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:16 PM   #103
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress View Post
I agree, but that logic only stands if the races are selling out. Right now they need to have all the classes to draw enough people to make the event worth putting on.
With the unemployment levels we have can they really expect to sell out?
Old 01-11-2011, 04:20 PM   #104
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

it's all about the kinder gentler world we live in. where we don't want johnny feeling bad about himslef because he didn't win.
We want EVERYTHING to be equal in every respect. I think that ROAR is missing the true problem here...let's not just limit the ESC's,we should only have one car,one ESC ,one motor,one servo,one battery and one radio. That way everybody will be on the same playing field...........AND THE FAST GUYS WILL STILL BE FAST AND THE SLOW GUYS WILL CRY FOWL!

oh yea and only one set up on the car.
You are defined in life by how you respond to defeat!
hairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:20 PM   #105
Tech Master

Quote:
I was trying to point out that other company's are catching up

Quote:
Great Job Kevin H, awsome guy and could drive a shoebox to the A main on three wheels. I think LRP had to come out with a whole new speedo to get that done. Props to Tekin for the free upgrades.
Yes they did but the good thing is they finally have a interface with this speedo. So I would expect to see free updates from them as well.