R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-11-2011, 03:41 PM   #91
Tech Champion
 
Kevin K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: In a land of mini-mighty mental giants
Posts: 8,833
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie View Post


I want to be a honorary Tekin Crusader.

Someone had a good post earlier in the thread that mentioned Tekin could release software that could take away the programmable features. This could stop people from needing to buy a new ESC. However the software would have to leave the ESC "castrated" sorta speak otherwise it would still be programmable.
no prob Steve....I will make you a shirt!!!

Sure I dont see why they couldnt do it.

Also these rules are still being worked on....so nothing is written is stone. Plus they didnt say for sure if this was for ALL stock classes or just for the Lowest Stock class.....again this all needs to be cleaned or cleared up....then we can all get back to fighting about whats what and why this is all against Tekin.......ohh yeah and we should all run Mod.


Hey where is that Trans AM martyr.....Ohhh yeah there he is with his cats!!
__________________
2013 USVTA World Champion of the World
MOTIV RC presents the Midwest All-Star Carpet Series....15th year running 2017/18!!!
USVTA National Championship....check it out!!!
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:45 PM   #92
Tech Addict
 
tunerjetta29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Fontana,CA
Posts: 690
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

It is unfortunate that manufacturers have finally seemed to find some compromise to make the public happy by adding a SPEC mode to the adjustable ESC's only to have ROAR come out and say it simply isn't good enough.

I can completely understand if extensive testing has been done to show that these ESC's are showing a spec configuration when not in a spec profile, or some other nonsense, but ROAR has produced nothing that shows these ESC's are anything but equivalent to a stock spec ESC. Meaning no rule changes should be needed?

ROAR rules should be that the ESC's must be using publicly available SPEC profiles approved by the organization. After the qualifying and races the Tech will take the top 3 finishers and 2 randomly picked cars from the field which will be hooked to a PC to confirm the ESC software version and profile used if it is anything but the ROAR approved SPEC software version the driver is disqualified from the event.

Seems pretty straight forward and doesn't cost any racers anything?

How hard is that?
__________________
Currently Running:
Serpent Project 4X , 17.5 Motor, Team Orion R10.1 ESC
X-Ray X1 2017, 25.5 Motor, Hobbywing X10 Pro ESC
X-Ray X1 2016, 25.5 Motor, Hobbwing X10 Stock ESC
Ko Propo EX-1 V3
tunerjetta29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:48 PM   #93
Tech Master
 
Xpress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Dirt sucks!
Posts: 1,613
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammincrtjames View Post
Thank god Snowbirds is not a ROAR event. What is wrong with having 1 speed control handle both options by pressing a few buttons. How did this suddenly become a problem? Now if you want to run 2 classes at a ROAR event you need 2 speed controls and or 2 cars? Who wants to take their electronics out every time you switch classes.
Unless it has changed since the last time I went to the Nats you are limited to one class per scale. So you wouldn't have to worry about switching electronics because you only have one chassis.
__________________
"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's the determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of laying it down - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek to beat ass."

-Espo
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:58 PM   #94
Tech Adept
 
BigTrucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 117
Default

The reason for this rule change is because one company has a stronghold on all the boosted classes, hence the reason to take them away. We cant have one company monopolizing the boosted classes.
__________________
Team Driver For

Team Epic , Team Catch Me
BigTrucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:59 PM   #95
Tech Champion
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 7,587
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunerjetta29 View Post

I can completely understand if extensive testing has been done to show that these ESC's are showing a spec configuration when not in a spec profile, or some other nonsense, but ROAR has produced nothing that shows these ESC's are anything but equivalent to a stock spec ESC. Meaning no rule changes should be needed?
That's kinda what happened....
__________________
A mutually re-enforcing cascade of failure

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:00 PM   #96
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Norfolk, Va
Posts: 516
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragont View Post
isnt it spec class should included the motor also...meaning 0 timing?
27 turn brushed motors were set at 24 degrees so it only makes sense.
flyintrtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:00 PM   #97
Tech Master
 
Xpress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Dirt sucks!
Posts: 1,613
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin K View Post
That company does already.....so does Speedpassion and LRP....if they are legal with these new rules then I guess the only one on the outside looking in is....Tekin. You and the rest of the Tekin Crusaders will have to buy a cheap ESC or sit back and complain on the internet some more....I think the latter will do for the likes of you.
I guess I'll go buy a "cheap" speedo and go race the "21.5 unboosted on a 175x80 track with no walls" class Fairtrace suggested.
__________________
"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's the determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of laying it down - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek to beat ass."

-Espo
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:07 PM   #98
Tech Master
 
Ron Goetter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Goatsville, PA
Posts: 1,950
Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to Ron Goetter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTrucks View Post
The reason for this rule change is because one company has a stronghold on all the boosted classes, hence the reason to take them away. We cant have one company monopolizing the boosted classes.
Its funny you say that since Kevin won the last 2 big north-east races in super stock running the new LRP. It's only a matter of time till everyone catches up.
__________________
The Goat... B-Mainer Fo' life
-Awesomatix USA-ROCHE USA-Team CRC-ORCA-SIDE PIECE RACING-TEAM DAK-EA Motorsports-VP Fuel-Trains and Lanes-CR Graphics-TQ Wire-Horsham RC-rugburn anyone?
Shut up and Race!!!!
Ron Goetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:07 PM   #99
Tech Addict
 
tunerjetta29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Fontana,CA
Posts: 690
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
That's kinda what happened....
Data?
__________________
Currently Running:
Serpent Project 4X , 17.5 Motor, Team Orion R10.1 ESC
X-Ray X1 2017, 25.5 Motor, Hobbywing X10 Pro ESC
X-Ray X1 2016, 25.5 Motor, Hobbwing X10 Stock ESC
Ko Propo EX-1 V3
tunerjetta29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:09 PM   #100
Tech Elite
 
JayL's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ca
Posts: 2,880
Default

wait,

we already have a non-boost class,

we have 3 touring classes:

mod

17.5

spec

so, they are eleiminating a class not adding one.

What is dumb is the idea that a slow first timer should have a special class at the Nationals. Nationals SHOULD ONLY BE THE TOP DRIVERS IN THE COUNTRY, not Joe blow

we have a first time class it's called Novice.

ROAR: not everyone can be fast, sorry
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:12 PM   #101
Tech Master
 
Xpress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Dirt sucks!
Posts: 1,613
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayL View Post
What is dumb is the idea that a slow first timer should have a special class at the Nationals. Nationals SHOULD ONLY BE THE TOP DRIVERS IN THE COUNTRY, not Joe blow...
I agree, but that logic only stands if the races are selling out. Right now they need to have all the classes to draw enough people to make the event worth putting on.
__________________
"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's the determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of laying it down - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek to beat ass."

-Espo
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:14 PM   #102
Tech Adept
 
BigTrucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Goetter View Post
Its funny you say that since Kevin won the last 2 big north-east races in super stock running the new LRP. It's only a matter of time till everyone catches up.
Great Job Kevin H, awsome guy and could drive a shoebox to the A main on three wheels. I think LRP had to come out with a whole new speedo to get that done. Props to Tekin for the free upgrades.
__________________
Team Driver For

Team Epic , Team Catch Me
BigTrucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:16 PM   #103
Tech Master
 
Ron Goetter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Goatsville, PA
Posts: 1,950
Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to Ron Goetter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress View Post
I agree, but that logic only stands if the races are selling out. Right now they need to have all the classes to draw enough people to make the event worth putting on.
With the unemployment levels we have can they really expect to sell out?
__________________
The Goat... B-Mainer Fo' life
-Awesomatix USA-ROCHE USA-Team CRC-ORCA-SIDE PIECE RACING-TEAM DAK-EA Motorsports-VP Fuel-Trains and Lanes-CR Graphics-TQ Wire-Horsham RC-rugburn anyone?
Shut up and Race!!!!
Ron Goetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:20 PM   #104
Tech Elite
 
hairy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: In the Good ole' U.S.A.
Posts: 2,323
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

it's all about the kinder gentler world we live in. where we don't want johnny feeling bad about himslef because he didn't win.
We want EVERYTHING to be equal in every respect. I think that ROAR is missing the true problem here...let's not just limit the ESC's,we should only have one car,one ESC ,one motor,one servo,one battery and one radio. That way everybody will be on the same playing field...........AND THE FAST GUYS WILL STILL BE FAST AND THE SLOW GUYS WILL CRY FOWL!

oh yea and only one set up on the car.
__________________
MERLIN RACING
"He once ran a marathon because it was on his way"
Logic is a lost art!
You are defined in life by how you respond to defeat!
hairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:20 PM   #105
Tech Master
 
Ron Goetter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Goatsville, PA
Posts: 1,950
Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to Ron Goetter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTrucks View Post
The reason for this rule change is because one company has a stronghold on all the boosted classes, hence the reason to take them away. We cant have one company monopolizing the boosted classes.
I was trying to point out that other company's are catching up


Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTrucks View Post
Great Job Kevin H, awsome guy and could drive a shoebox to the A main on three wheels. I think LRP had to come out with a whole new speedo to get that done. Props to Tekin for the free upgrades.
Yes they did but the good thing is they finally have a interface with this speedo. So I would expect to see free updates from them as well.
__________________
The Goat... B-Mainer Fo' life
-Awesomatix USA-ROCHE USA-Team CRC-ORCA-SIDE PIECE RACING-TEAM DAK-EA Motorsports-VP Fuel-Trains and Lanes-CR Graphics-TQ Wire-Horsham RC-rugburn anyone?
Shut up and Race!!!!
Ron Goetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's wrong with racing in OZ Craig1 Australian Racing 94 01-21-2003 08:24 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:22 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net